General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

No mains water in Catalkoy

•   Message 1 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We have had no mains water for a few days now. This was posted by the Beli on Facebook yesterday. Not sure if any other villages are affected. Just checked our water tanks and they are very low.

"ANNOUNCEMENT!
Due to the failure of the pumps in the water pipeline from DSI, water is not provided to our region. Works are continuing at full speed and water will be provided to our region as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding."

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: No mains water in Catalkoy

•   Message 2 of 31 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Water has been on / off etc (mainly off or at very low pressure) in Ozankoy for months!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks Chris. The man came up our road on Friday last and switched the water off - not been on since! Been to see the water dept and given the normal run around of fault valves in the system etc on Monday and told it would be turned on again later that day - still waiting - lol. Despite all information to the contrary, this happens every year to us so I guess the there has been a problem with the water pipeline from Turkey since 2011, when we first moved into this house! That seems fair as the pipeline from Turkey was not even connected in that year - lol.

Give them a chance and they will solve the issue as normal but it is quite normal for us to be without water for up to 14 days in the summer months, despite all the reasons given. A passerby told me a couple of days ago that "You will just have to learn to live with it", I never bothered replying - lol.

The moral of the story is never move into or buy/rent a property that has no well!!! On the bright side, your water bill will be a bit lower this month.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

There is a problem with the pump in the main tank above Sea Vistas they are working on it but their "expert" is on holiday!

DarkAli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 31 in Discussion

Post by DarkAli »

Had water this morning, still on so maybe problem solved

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yes ours is back on again and the tank is full. Just in time as I was expecting to have to ring for a tanker as I didn't think we would last the weekend.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Still nothing here, not even the hour of air we normally get. Maybe Monday then when the guy who turns on the valves 200 mtrs away remembers he turned them off!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Waddo they came round and turned ours on this morning so maybe on their way to you.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Ours is back on at Bufavento Village.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

No water on the way up to Savion Villas, bet there is water above us and know that it on below us as well. The guy who turns the valves back on never came up the road this morning so that is us - no water till at least Monday and that will be 10 days switched off again!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 31 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

waddo, WHAT or should I say WHO lives above and below you to make you feel sandwiched i.e. the haves and the have nots??

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

bjb, it is not a case of WHAT or WHO, it is a case of bad pipe work and bad valves that have to be switched on and off when the pressure is poor during the summer months. In the winter months the water is left on all the time and is no problem for anyone but once the weather gets hot and people start to use more water then the existing pipework and valves can not handle it. When we first moved up to here 11 years ago there was no real problem but after the first year it has always been the same. I understand that it only affects about 10 properties, most are empty anyway, so we are just forgotten - no matter how many times we complain nothing gets done and it will stay the same till the new development planned for the land behind us is covered in houses, then it will all change. As the lady told me - you will have to get used to it - well we have - lol.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Now it is Tuesday - AGAIN - and still no water! Been down to seen the water department and they are "amazed" funny that because I am not, that we still don't have any water!!! They told me I will have water today at 16:00 - promise.

So now we wait till tomorrow morning when I will take my empty bucket down to the water department and ask them to fill it for me - lol. Today marks day 12 that we have been cut off because of one man and his valves!!!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Came past the end of you road today Waddo. Could have brought you a bucket full but I was on the bike and it might have splashed out. Sorry.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks for the thought anyway matey, you were in no danger of getting hosed down from this place as still no water turned on yet - back to the Water Department in the morning for me! Actually have little hope of getting any now till after Bayram as they will be too busy sorting out tomorrow nights BBQ - lol. Take care out there.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Water has reached us!!! It dribbles out of the garden tap but is not strong enough to make it into the tanks yet - maybe when everyone's tanks are full it will return to normal. Thanks water department for listening to me and 7 other TC's residents, at least we can no get damp over Bayram.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I am so pleased for you Waddo and at least now I will be able to sleep at night knowing you are sorted. :+1:)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

And smell better too!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Water back to normal up here again - NONE - had water for half a day yesterday then the mystery started again, water stopped and will see what happens on Monday I guess, at least we got a tank full - lol.

Not moaning about this, but just recording it for anyone else in this area so they don't have to go down to the Belli every time it happens to them.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Waddo, how the hell do you manage 12 days without water? That is crazy. That cannot be right, surely there is some sort of human right that states the government / local authorities have to do more to help you?

If this were Africa, some Irish guy who doesn’t like Mondays would be organising a concert for you!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Well, well, well! Without the well we would not survive, how the neighbors manage is quite beyond me but I do know that some of them have to get tankers in on an almost regular basis - sad but true and they are all mainly Turkish Cypriots as well so it is not a "Foreigner" thing at all. One of them has an underground 10 tonne tank he had installed years ago because of the low pressure in our system and he can just eek it out for about a month but it gets quite tricky at times. I have run pipework down to one guy so he can get water when needed but he only uses it for the garden when it gets really hot. Everyone complains but nothing ever gets done to permanently fix the issue, don't know why.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

waddo wrote:
Fri 14 May 2021 2:42 pm
Well, well, well! Without the well we would not survive, how the neighbors manage is quite beyond me but I do know that some of them have to get tankers in on an almost regular basis - sad but true and they are all mainly Turkish Cypriots as well so it is not a "Foreigner" thing at all. One of them has an underground 10 tonne tank he had installed years ago because of the low pressure in our system and he can just eek it out for about a month but it gets quite tricky at times. I have run pipework down to one guy so he can get water when needed but he only uses it for the garden when it gets really hot. Everyone complains but nothing ever gets done to permanently fix the issue, don't know why.
At least your area allow water tanker deliveries still.

:-D

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

That is true about deliveries, we have a very good mayor and I think that is the secret, he was busy scratching his head at out water problem last time we met and I know he will get it sorted, one day.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We do have a very good Mayor here and I am surprised that he hasn't sorted it for you Waddo. I think you have got too much into the shoulder shrugging and not enough into the foot stamping. I applaud your patience though.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 25 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Foot stamping? (:Q)
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Soner wrote:
Fri 14 May 2021 8:49 pm
As in putting his foot down?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 27 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Trigger wrote:
Sat 15 May 2021 6:12 am
Soner wrote:
Fri 14 May 2021 8:49 pm
As in putting his foot down?
I know. I am currently working on shrugging shoulders. Chriswright03 threw a spanner in the works with the foot stamping.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 31 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

As 12 am UK time Kibris Anyone got a shilling for the meter
(:Z)( :x))
Water cannot be supplied to the whole country due to the electrical failure in Geçitköy pumping station Due to the malfunction expected to be eliminated during the day, the ministry of agriculture and natural resources requested the conscious use of water.

OKU, YORUMLA ve PAYLAŞ ==> https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/g ... 11866.html

Kıbrıs Gazetesi

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Oh dear. Not having much luck are you!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 31 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Once again from the Catalkoy Beli. Didn't want you to feel left out Waddo.
ANNOUNCEMENT!
Due to the malfunction in the water pipeline coming from DSI (Gözitköy), water is not provided to our region. Works are continuing at full speed and water will be provided to our region as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.
Announcement!…
Soner spanner in the works is one of my specialities.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 31 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Catalkoy Beli quick with that news - 21:05 on the 15th from Yeniduzen - problem with dam fixed, water back on to whole of TRNC! Now we wait - again - lol.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”