General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Summer working hours to start on 10th. May

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

According to the decision of the TRNC Council of Ministers, summer working hours at the public institutions will start on the 10th. May 2021 and will be effective until 19th. September 2021.

Summer working hours at the public institutions apart from essential services will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 08.00-14:30, and on Thursday 08.00-12.30 and afternoon 13.00-17.30.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Summer working hours to start on 10th. May

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I understand these hours were "invented" so Government and bank workers didn't have to work in the heat of the day. If like other years, the air cons will be roaring away in some offices, that you feel positively chilly.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Summer working hours to start on 10th. May

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Benjaminbutton post reminded me of the good one days 1987 - 1999 where everything shut between 1pm and 5pm in the hot months. I used to thoroughly enjoy going around kyrenia in the evenings and during the day the shipwreck in kyrenia Castle, the only place I remember having air conditioning. I know my dad's villa didn't have it until 2003!
Maybe in another 20 years government hours will not change as I think most in the private sector stay open as much as they are allowed.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”