General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

BBC Iplayer on firestick

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

I currently have an intermittent problem on BBC Iplayer on Firestick. The program periodically skips back a couple of seconds and repeats, 2-3 times per minute. It happens on 2 different sets, both sticks have been updated and rebooted as has my internet.

Before I bother my ISP is anyone else having this or have any experience of this?

I have spoken to streamvia and it is nothing to do with them, though they have been helpful, suggesting things to try.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: BBC Iplayer on firestick

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? I had to do that recently and now it is fine.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I'm also with Streamvia and have no problem at all with BBC iplayer on my Firestick. I did have to reset my BBC password recently but can't see why that should cause a problem. I would try reinstalling the app.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Same problem, same VPN, all ok on main screen in lounge but skips bits on IPlayer on the TV in conservatory! (Using an Extender for internet.)

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Common sense would say it is an internet issue. You should also clear the cache as that will help. We have a huge problem with Channel 5 but then we are not alone as the net is awash with people complaining about it not working correctly. Funnily enough it works faultlessly for the adverts before the programme but once that finishes the stream fails.

Spurs Phil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Spurs Phil »

Have had this problem for several weeks now on all channels when using UK TV and Radio for out live UK TV . Have other apps but none playing that well .

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Spurs Phil, I can't remember who told me (suspect it might have been Yen) that UK TV and Radio were in a poor way, and that I should only use it as an emergency back up. ITV 3 on UK TV is virtually unwatchable because of the freezing, sometimes for a minute at a time every 4 or 5 mins. We've proved it isn't an ISP problem as speed etc from Nethouse is great. What I don't totally understand is why YouTube is so very good, when a lot of the other APPS are awful.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Update.

I reinstalled the iplayer app. All worked fine. Then I remembered it was in high def and not set for "East" so I changed it to East and standard def. Problem came back. I put back on HD, still there then reverted to London and problem solved.

I then had a follow up email from Stream Via as that is how awesome their customer service is, I explained what happened, they thought it was really odd as it all comes from the same server and suggested there was some sort of "dirty" stream on the East version.

So if any have iplayer on firestick and would like to switch, even for a few mins, to "East" I would be curious to know if there is a problem.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Looks like we need to download a VPN, if not, our long term freezing problem is set to continue.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Pay for an IPTV, life's so much easier.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 08 May 2021 12:07 pm
Looks like we need to download a VPN, if not, our long term freezing problem is set to continue.
I would suggest a VPN will only make matters worse as it will slow down the feed. Try Streamvia or one of the other excellent services. IPTV can be very hit and miss. There are a lot setting up at what appears to be reasonable cost and with huge promises but just as many are being taken down again because they are illegal. You really do need to do your research. Smartdnsproxy.com is one of the DNS services that works very well at a reasonable price. I use Streamvia myself, have done for some time and am more than satisfied with their customer service but I believe they may have stopped taking on new customers. Smartproxy is still taking on customers and I know of others on here and neighbours who are equally satisfied with the service for UK TV.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

I have been with my IPTV supplier here for the last 5 years, which costs me £90 for six months.

Yes, some do get taken down and mine has once but within 24 hours he had all the main channels back up.

I have had no problem at all over the last 3 years. Mine runs via a Mag box. I get every TV channel there is SKy, BT Sports Etc Etc. and Catch up TV and 3000 Films on demand, Tv Series.

Oh! No, i'm not an agent for them.

As I always say you only get what you pay for and all these people who think they are entitled to Free TV it's not on.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

I think streamvia are the mutts nuts!

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Haircut
Do you pay for your Sky Tv and BT Sport subscription in the UK ?

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Sun 09 May 2021 9:16 am
Haircut
Do you pay for your Sky Tv and BT Sport subscription in the UK ?
No, do the people who have Iplayer and watch BBC programs buy a UK TV Licence?

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Haircut I have a bbc licence.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Sun 09 May 2021 11:40 am
Haircut I have a bbc licence.
So you live here and purchase a (UK TV Licence) not a (BBC Licence?)

You must be the only one.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Haircut, Yes you are correct. I have a licence that allows me to watch The BBC. Whether I am the only one I haven’t a clue but no one can accuse me of being one of these people who think they are entitled to free tv, it’s just not on is it !

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I think maybe the person concerned watches the App called UK TV & Radio. The TV reception is sometimes very iffy, but I listen to loads and loads of digital Radio on mine and its perfect.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”