General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TV viewing problems

•   Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

We are not getting a good reception on our Firestick TV on some apps UK Turk UK TV plus others
stuttering, freezing and going off completely the Internet speed is usually good - Edremit area
Can anyone recommend an app that we can purchase/ or anything to get better viewing
Thanks
C

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: TV viewing problems

•   Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Have you tried restarting your router?
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Yes we have but it may be ok then for a few minutes but then the problems start again Sometimes it is alright for a couple of hours ! but then its every couple of minutes relentlessly
Thanks for your help

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Maybe it's a cable or the router breaking down. The cable from the roof does need replacing fairly frequently as the high temperatures cause it to break down.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Sent you an e mail.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Charlotte55, we have the absolute identical problem as you, day after day after day (and evening) and we're not far from you. We have a firestick as well. We're with Nethouse and the speeds are usually excellent. A few months back, at Nethouse recommendation, we bought a new router from them and they say there is nothing the matter with the wire but frankly I don't believe them, but they won't check it out. After months of "discussions" I don't believe they will admit to me being right though!! As I've said many times, the only

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

.....continuation. The only App we have no problems with at all is YouTube. After talking with friends around the island we reckon we have the worst TV reception we know of, but at least you must come a very close second!!!

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have the same problem . I have been on to them and they are saying it is a problem with our internet going up and down . They are trying to solve in house if not got to send round tecnision but holidays today so wait till Monday . I have called 2 days on the trot and last week as well only to be told those times i am wrong . So now have bad internet till Monday . It seems to be who you get on the phone . I had the same women other days telling me i was wrong . Different one today saying there is a problem . Dont it drive you round the bend when this could have been fixed a week ago . Like to meet that other employee

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Throw your Firesticks in the bin, buy a TV box, and subscribe to a reputable IPTV. Ya don't get owt for nowt.

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

With Firesticks, make sure you close background apps and clear the cache on apps - makes all the difference.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Hair Cut wrote:
Sat 15 May 2021 12:45 pm
Throw your Firesticks in the bin, buy a TV box, and subscribe to a reputable IPTV. Ya don't get owt for nowt.
I have an iptv app on my firestick. Well handy for being able to plug it in to different tv’s when you are on holiday / round your mates watching the footy etc.

Agree though. I pay about £60 a year for the service. I easy get my monies worth. Having the firestick also allows me to install prime and Netflix which the mrs can easily use to watch her tv though, so I do find it useful.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

My tvplayer app on firestick stopped working a few days ago . Other apps ok. I tried clearing cache etc but I think it has problem

gates

•   Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Since complaining it is now very good seems sorted fingers crossed

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Well I purchased IPTV from the UK, paid £23 pounds for the year. Offers VOD, tv sections has a football section, Irish football, F1, they have a Rugby section as well as county cricket. Not had a problem once. I watch everything in FHD, but the option to go down to hd or SD is always there if the net is struggling.

To be honest, if ever there was a problem at under £2 a month, Id be a lot more relaxed than I use to be when paying £25 a month. My last service I was paying £300 a year!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Using my firestick with multimax the performance at night was generally very poor (iptv). Was advised that my firestick was not good enough. Loaded the thing on my Samsung tablet, big improvement. My Internet renewal was due, moved to Turkcell at a lower cost, massive transformation, paying around £50 / year with all the contents for my iptv. Could not be happier! To be fair to M.M. other people in different areas may have different speed experiences!

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Thanks to everyone for your so helpful replies I am so grateful to this forum for all its help and advice I have had from you all.
We are trying one suggestion and taking note of the others and will give feedback in case of other people struggling as soon as I am sure it works !
Benjamin Button I think you are right on the reception we are a very close second to you we never had all this trouble when we lived in Alsancak !

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

It is more to do with 'bandwidth' not speed with microwave ability from wherever the servers masts/stations are and how many 'new' clients are allowed access. The more popular the server becomes, the greedier the company is financially incentivised and eventually clogs up the whole system by over loading becoming a crap provider!
Last edited by Brinsley on Tue 18 May 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Brinsley wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 4:57 pm
It is more to do with 'bandwidth' not speed with microwave ability from wherever the servers masks/stations are and how many 'new' clients are allowed access. The more popular the server becomes, the greedier the company is financially incentivised and eventually clogs up the whole system by over loading becoming a crap provider!
This is so true, I was with a provider called "Air----" (something). for a couple of years. They were brilliant then good old Turkcell bought them out.

The result, crap service, and the mast is on the hill next to us, direct view.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Brinsley wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 4:57 pm
It is more to do with 'bandwidth' not speed with microwave ability from wherever the servers masts/stations are and how many 'new' clients are allowed access. The more popular the server becomes, the greedier the company is financially incentivised and eventually clogs up the whole system by over loading becoming a crap provider!
It is always better to have a wired connection when using IPTV rather then wireless. Set yourself a budget...what you are prepared to pay for one calendar year for IPTV...then split that by either 2 or 3, not equally, have a main provider for whom you will be prepared to pay more than back up service(s). A lot of times its overloading from the providers end that's at fault, Hence 2 to 3 suppliers allow you to switch to another.

I tend to go with a budget of around £100 a year, and funnily enough my go to atm is a server I paid £23 for the year for. Always remember, it's the servers you never hear about that work the best, ones that are private members only. I use 20meg net, and watch FHD.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

We are back to our annual stop start internet dropping out have it every year at some point with multimax platinum, inevitably told exceeded my whatever but as Tv only on from 8pm to 10.30
/11pm not quite sure how but hey Ho, just can’t quite wind myself up to the have had enough of this state of mind, but sure I will

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Loobyloo, do what I did, prior to leaving them. I asked if I could see their read out showing the times that I was switched on. They knew from the second we switched our mobiles on each morning, switched on TV to watch BBC news, when I switched my laptop on, and what time the TV went off at night. The didn't actually know which was which, but the read out clearly showed when all were on, when hardly anything on and when everything was of. Some days when the footie was on late into the night, we clearly went over our limit, despite at that time, paying for their Platinum scale.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

If you log into your mm account you can find out how many GB used on a daily basis. It’s only basic info but it will tell you the tier being used. It can be found under ‘Traffic Report’

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Even if you think you are not using data, if your phone is connected to the router it will be constantly checking things and using it behind your back even when it is sat on the coffee table.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Cheeky things these mobiles, can't trust 'em at all you know.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Thank you will try looking at acct, shouldn’t be related to mobile as that’s turkcell, but could be IPad, but keeping getting message reconnecting to internet trying to watch uk news at 6pm is truly painful ( mind you maybe it dropping out every other sentence is actually a blessing currently)

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I have five different Apps for UK/BBC News, all of which differ depending on the time of day/evening. Can't recall what they all are, I just recognised the logos!!

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

AFC wrote:
Sat 15 May 2021 4:23 pm
Well I purchased IPTV from the UK, paid £23 pounds for the year. Offers VOD, tv sections has a football section, Irish football, F1, they have a Rugby section as well as county cricket. Not had a problem once. I watch everything in FHD, but the option to go down to hd or SD is always there if the net is struggling.

To be honest, if ever there was a problem at under £2 a month, Id be a lot more relaxed than I use to be when paying £25 a month. My last service I was paying £300 a year!
£23 a year is a cracking deal to be fair. I pay £60 per year and happy with it as it works the majority of the time, the lad is very helpful if I have issues and I get ifollow (yes I support a rubbish football league team).

As you say, for them prices, you expect and accept there will be technical issues from time to time.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

I've had the £23 pound service for a month now, and not a single issue thus far - touch wood!

With IPTV as a whole, the nature of the beast is such that given its legalities or lack of, all services, it may be a £50 a month service or a £2 a month service such as mine, no service can guarantee 100% up time. Hence I feel the necessity to have 2 servers or more.

For me this service covers everything and offer over 10,000 vod etc, and I have a back up service for £13 a year. This really is to cover me for Bein Sport 1 to 7 then premiums and English, as they are channels I do watch a lot. Andy Gray, Richard keys moved there, and their content is exceptional, SKY take note! This 13 pound one offers me 5 options for each Bein Sport channel, so if one is stuttering, try the second etc. Bein Entertainment isnt bad either, with lots of film content etc all in English.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”