General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Sunday take away delivery / useless!

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

We are encouraged to use local businesses which have suffered lately. So we decided to do just that.
Wednesday placed an order with address via Google maps, acknowledged.
2.00pm has come and gone, several phone calls ,still not here.
I know that I can't name this kebab shop that supplies a full meal but I don't think that I will be using them again.
(Still waiting) (:Z)( :-1:(

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Sunday take away delivery / useless!

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

I always use Yemeksepeti for deliveries, only ever had one problem despite my work place being very obvious!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

13roman58 wrote:
Sun 16 May 2021 1:18 pm
We are encouraged to use local businesses which have suffered lately. So we decided to do just that.
Wednesday placed an order with address via Google maps, acknowledged.
2.00pm has come and gone, several phone calls ,still not here.
I know that I can't name this kebab shop that supplies a full meal but I don't think that I will be using them again.
(Still waiting) (:Z)( :-1:(
Any sign?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Arranged for 2.00pm
Arrived 3.45pm.
This was using their whatsapp no. all acknowledged .
Cyprus shrug ,lost my business.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

I see no reason not to name and shame the offending vendor for total incompetence. If they had lobed in a free bottle of wine or a six pack of beer with profuse apologies for their mistake for late delivery, I'm sure you'd be singing their praises and naming them!
Mistakes in all businesses happens though how good customer service are handled makes a vast difference for good PR and future trading.
Why only positive feedback on companies in TRNC are allowed and not those that are negligent in their enterprises?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Brinsley wrote:
Mon 17 May 2021 10:15 pm
Why only positive feedback on companies in TRNC are allowed and not those that are negligent in their enterprises?
You can name and shame, just set up a verified account. Been saying this for years but nobody has come forward to request one.
Any takers?
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

forestpixie wrote:
Sun 16 May 2021 5:27 pm
I always use Yemeksepeti for deliveries, only ever had one problem despite my work place being very obvious!
What is Yemekseleti? Is it like a delivery company like Uber eats (UK) or Talabat (Middle-East) where you order food from a number of participating restaurants and then they collect and deliver for a small charge?

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Trigger wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 3:22 am
forestpixie wrote:
Sun 16 May 2021 5:27 pm
What is Yemekseleti? Is it like a delivery company like Uber eats (UK) or Talabat (Middle-East) where you order food from a number of participating restaurants and then they collect and deliver for a small charge?
Correct, it's food delivery app, easy to use. You can select the area you are in and it will show you a list of restaurants. There is a min amount you must order for delivery, it varies though for example Lefkoşa can vary from 15tl min order to 40tl. Plenty if reviews and the restaurants are scored which is always helpful. I've only had 1 problem ordering but rest of time they will call if cant find your location. There is an option to put specific directions as well. Oh and the option to pay cash upon delivery. I find it had more choice than Mr Order.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

I have looked at the app yemek sepeti and they don't deliver to my location.
Thanks anyway.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

13roman58 wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 6:10 am
I have looked at the app yemek sepeti and they don't deliver to my location.
Thanks anyway.

Oh noooo

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Why is it classed as shaming when you are merely reporting the facts of a transaction? If the business in question feels ashamed when they read the facts as they happened then surely that is a good thing as it helps them to improve their service.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

JoandJelly wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 9:26 am
Why is it classed as shaming when you are merely reporting the facts of a transaction? If the business in question feels ashamed when they read the facts as they happened then surely that is a good thing as it helps them to improve their service.
Can’t understand why nobody wants a verified account so that they can be responsible for whatever they post.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

JoandJelly wrote:

I presume it could be abused by rivals or people you have fallen out with.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

So why not just make Kibkom only available to people who have a verified account.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

...and call it facebook?

Niche forums wouldn't work like that. You'd basically have a whatsapp group of a dozen posters.

*Edit added

Also, like many others, I do not put personal information online. If hackers can get into Govt databases & Facebook & BA etc they can access anywhere.
Last edited by Hedge-fund on Tue 18 May 2021 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Can't get my head around this thread. If I want a meal from any of about 15 restaurants in and around the Alsancak, Karaoglanoglu, Zeytinlink area, then I just call them. That's more than enough choice/selection for me. Chinese, Indian, Turkish kepabs and wraps etc. Pay at the door.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

You can name and shame, just set up a verified account. Been saying this for years but nobody has come forward to request one.
Any takers?

Okay, let me be the first! I've searched how to do it but without success so please do it for me.
Thanks

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Love it.

Go on mate.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 11:10 am
JoandJelly wrote:

I presume it could be abused by rivals or people you have fallen out with.
The same could be said for the positive comments. How do we know they are genuine?

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Soner wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 10:12 am
JoandJelly wrote:
Can’t understand why nobody wants a verified account so that they can be responsible for whatever they post.
That doesn't answer my question but anyway, I'm more than happy to have a verified account.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 1:08 pm
Can't get my head around this thread. If I want a meal from any of about 15 restaurants in and around the Alsancak, Karaoglanoglu, Zeytinlink area, then I just call them. That's more than enough choice/selection for me. Chinese, Indian, Turkish kepabs and wraps etc. Pay at the door.
I think it’s the way food delivery businesses are going. I guess it is similar to outsourcing. Rather than pay a delivery person, they subscribe to the agent (ubereats, talibat, Yemek sepeti) and they do the delivering for a small charge. It must be more cost effective as most takeaways where I live no longer have their own delivery person anymore.

Furthermore, they also deliver groceries, which would be very handy if you were stuck in you house due to isolating for COVID-19 or any other reason. Also, it is all linked to my bank account so I do not have to deal with cash. It is all automated, including the tip, so long as it doesn’t take 1 hour and 45 minutes to arrive.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Tue 18 May 2021 1:08 pm
Different strokes for different folks, I use it at work as not really familiar with whats available in Lefkoşa.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”