Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Extending a 30 day tourist visa

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Hi all,

Sorry to go over old ground but done a search and could not find a specific answer to my query.

We plan to come to TRNC for 7 weeks this summer. We own a home here and have proof of purchase, but kocan is yet to come through. Can we show a copy of this (have an electronic copy) to get a 60 day visa or will we need to go to immigration once we get here? If so, what is the process? What documentation do I need? Is it complicated?

Or is there another way around this? In the past I have split the holiday up by visiting Uk or Crete but don’t really fancy extra travelling this year if it can be helped.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Extending a 30 day tourist visa

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

You can show the evidence you have at your trnc entry, and they may give you the extra time, but it's very hit n miss. We have our kocan (both names on it) and when I came through with a printed copy I requested and received 90 days, then less than three weeks later my wife presented the same evidence and was only given 30 days... and be sure to clarify what you have been given before leaving passport control/immigration as there's no 'hard copy' of the visa details in your passport.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

steveodp wrote:
Mon 31 May 2021 9:32 am
You can show the evidence you have at your trnc entry, and they may give you the extra time, but it's very hit n miss. We have our kocan (both names on it) and when I came through with a printed copy I requested and received 90 days, then less than three weeks later my wife presented the same evidence and was only given 30 days... and be sure to clarify what you have been given before leaving passport control/immigration as there's no 'hard copy' of the visa details in your passport.
Thanks for the reply Steveodp, very useful information.

If I do get issued 30 days, which is likely, what are my next steps? Would I need to visit immigration in Lefkosa and show them my proof of purchase?

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

I believe so, but we started residency so didn't need to extend my wife's. In case it helps, I read (might have been on here, might have been on Fb) that there is an appointment system for the immigration office now.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

steveodp wrote:
Mon 31 May 2021 2:22 pm
I believe so, but we started residency so didn't need to extend my wife's. In case it helps, I read (might have been on here, might have been on Fb) that there is an appointment system for the immigration office now.
Ok. Thank you for your help.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Btw, does anyone know if a couple of days in the south and then coming back to the north would act as a visa run, or would I have to totally leave the island?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Trigger wrote:
Mon 31 May 2021 6:27 pm
Btw, does anyone know if a couple of days in the south and then coming back to the north would act as a visa run, or would I have to totally leave the island?
Gone are the days when you could do that.
Add in the costs of PCR testing, taxi, hotel.
I believe that if you can show immigration your departure date ( tickets) then they will adjust your visa.

David86
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by David86 »

Probably upon the entry to TRNC you will get 30 days. But you can extend you visa duration up to 90 days. To do so, you need to make an appointment at the Ministry of Interior (Immigration department).

Here is the link: https://randevu.icisleri.gov.ct.tr/VATA ... ture=en-US

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Thanks for the replies. Couldn’t get that link to work David. Do you need to be in the country for it to work?

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

13roman58 wrote:
Tue 01 Jun 2021 4:46 am
Trigger wrote:
Mon 31 May 2021 6:27 pm
Gone are the days when you could do that.
Add in the costs of PCR testing, taxi, hotel.
I believe that if you can show immigration your departure date ( tickets) then they will adjust your visa.
Yeah. I would rather not have to do that.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”