General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

DVLA UK

•   Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

If for any reason you need to speak to the above, don't bother. They are presently having a bit of "industrial action" (in other words industrial inaction") , They've been going on for hours, so I'll try again tomorrow.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: DVLA UK

•   Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wed 02 Jun 2021 12:47 pm
If for any reason you need to speak to the above, don't bother. They are presently having a bit of "industrial action" (in other words industrial inaction") , They've been going on for hours, so I'll try again tomorrow.
It's in Wales, they have 3 main hobbies, playing rugby, singing and going on strike. ;)

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wouldn’t bother....... “Industrial action is scheduled to take place between Wednesday 2 June and Saturday 5 June that will directly affect DVLA's contact centre service. During this time, we advise you not to call our contact centre. Our online services are available and are the quickest and easiest way to deal with us”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57327481
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Even before the so called industrial action they never answered emails or phones.

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

I wish they were in action. My emails have been answered with the helpful directive that I must actually speak to "an agent". However, due to Covid restrictions they are staying 2 metres from the phone.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Same with me "an agent" is what I need. Tracker form says the new Licence has been "actioned" but that's as for as I get. Need to know whether it was posted and then lost somewhere. I thought the online application was too good to be true. It was so easy and uncomplicated.

dwr
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Post by dwr »

I applied for my licence renewal 18 months ago and still waiting. I am in UKas well.
Good luck to you or ask EJT to get his Boris to get it in levelling up??

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

dwr, I'm not keen on driving without a Licence. Last time this happened, I rang the DVLA, they were most apologetic and I received a new one within the 4 working days as promised. That was in the good old days, with no reliance on "on line" procedures.

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 02 Jun 2021 6:05 pm
benjaminbutton wrote:
It's in Wales, they have 3 main hobbies, playing rugby, singing and going on strike. ;)
Haha it’s just as well us Welsh can take a “ bit of banter” imagine stereotyping another culture in this day and age. The PC brigade would be all over it.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Walesforever wrote:
Thu 03 Jun 2021 2:14 pm

Haha it’s just as well us Welsh can take a “ bit of banter” imagine stereotyping another culture in this day and age. The PC brigade would be all over it.
Isn’t that the truth!
Good to see the rugby has picked up after a fair few lean years, minority sport though it is. And you are finally getting good at a proper game, football 😀

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

My licence was due for renewal last August, I didn't receive a reminder (I'm in UK) so did nothing, had a jolt in April so went online to renew. Received email confirming I've applied. Tried to follow up in May & got nowhere...….. still waiting

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Cally wrote:
Thu 03 Jun 2021 6:44 pm
My licence was due for renewal last August, I didn't receive a reminder (I'm in UK) so did nothing, had a jolt in April so went online to renew. Received email confirming I've applied. Tried to follow up in May & got nowhere...….. still waiting

I had a reminder back in February telling me the extension was up and time to renew and no problem, sent my old card back and received new one by return of post..
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Cally wrote:
Thu 03 Jun 2021 6:44 pm
Mine was due for renewal last August too, I rang because I hadn’t had a reminder I was told I had an 11month extension and not to do anything until I got a reminder I got this in May completed a form on line and 4 days later got my new license

Walesforever
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Walesforever »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Thu 03 Jun 2021 2:34 pm
Walesforever wrote:
Thu 03 Jun 2021 2:14 pm

Isn’t that the truth!
Good to see the rugby has picked up after a fair few lean years, minority sport though it is. And you are finally getting good at a proper game, football 😀
I wouldn’t call 3 Grand slams in 12 years “ lean years” and I’d love a repeat of the last Euros when we were Semi finalist. More than can be said for our next door neighbours who are 20 times our size and population yet still keep buckling under the pressure every tournament. Fingers crossed having the Euros at home should make for a nailed on winners medal this time around (:Q)

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

In defence of the DVLA. I had recently had an ongoing problem with a V5 doc and found that they were extremely helpful. They responded to my emails promptly and even rang me here in the TRNC to offer some guidance. I have every faith in them.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Medjou1, so did I have faith, but believe me it all seems to be going to pot at the moment. After three email "chats" was advised to speak to Agent. First time hung on for twenty minutes and gave up, second time got message to say they were on strike. Will have another go next week.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Good luck

Proudsprey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Proudsprey »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 05 Jun 2021 9:27 am
Medjou1, so did I have faith, but believe me it all seems to be going to pot at the moment. After three email "chats" was advised to speak to Agent. First time hung on for twenty minutes and gave up, second time got message to say they were on strike. Will have another go next week.

BB, did you try the online "chat"...suppose that it's halfway between email and phone-speak? :x))

https://contact.dvla.gov.uk/driving-licence

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks Proudsprey, that was going to be my next action, if I can't get to speak to an Agent. Why is everything so complicated these days??!!

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

It’s called Covid!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Not so sure Dalartokat. It was described to me as progress i.e. everything on line.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Mon 07 Jun 2021 8:00 am
Not so sure Dalartokat. It was described to me as progress i.e. everything on line.
All large organisations here in the U.K. are the same and have been since 23/3/20. People still working from home.

Yes progress was online but if you don’t have the staff to answer, it makes no difference. I live here and it’s frustrating..

If there’s anything I can do to help from U.K. let me know, any info etc.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Might take you up on that, so will pm you if necessary I will have another go via Skype today and tomorrow as they are supposed to be back at work by now.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

No worries, let me know but hope you don’t need me😀

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

For those interested the following link is giving reasons/explanation of problems at DVLA.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000x6vm

If you don’t want to listen to all you can scroll along to about 24:34 on the clock

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Dalartokat, what interesting reading. Laughed out loud when the reporter said that DVLA were still saying five working days if applied for on line. I applied on 14th April but still no show. I send them emails on a dedicated line, using a dedicated reference supplied by DVLA, they in turn send a computerised reply, the wording of which changes from time to time. I feel really sorry for those people who could possibly lose their jobs as they have no valid licence. Its disgraceful really.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Well some comfort that it’s affecting U.K. people as well, but not for the guy who could have lost his 2 jobs.

It is a disgrace but a lot of others are the same, DWP, Job-centre Plus to name 2. Getting through to anyone at the moment is frustrating.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”