General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

PCR In English and Turkish at border

•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

It is obligatory to submit a negative PCR or antigen test result in the last 7 days, with a document in English and Turkish, during border gates. Although a wet signature is not required for the documents to be shown at the border gates, SMS messages sent to the phone will not be accepted. Documents of the PCR test results to be shown at the border gates can be obtained from the online notification section of the Ministry of Health official website or from the address https://covid-19.gov.ct.tr/ by entering the barcode number, identity or passport information, and the document of the report can be obtained as pdf. It is announced to the public.

OKU, YORUMLA ve PAYLAŞ ==> https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/s ... 13088.html

Kıbrıs Gazetesi

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: PCR In English and Turkish at border

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

So when I get my pcr test in south Cyprus, to be able to enter the North, I need to ask them to give me a copy in Turkish?

(:Q)

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Like thats going to happen!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

After reading about the endless hoops, and bonfires people are having to jump over, I cannot tell you how pleased I am to sit here reading my books, watching a film on TV, going out for meals in the evening etc, rather than move from country to country. What a wise decision it was for us to give UK a miss the last two years. I bet I'm not the only one.

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

Thanks wanderer will do mine when I do my test next week
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 05 Jun 2021 3:03 pm
After reading about the endless hoops, and bonfires people are having to jump over, I cannot tell you how pleased I am to sit here reading my books, watching a film on TV, going out for meals in the evening etc, rather than move from country to country. What a wise decision it was for us to give UK a miss the last two years. I bet I'm not the only one.
A little, 'me, myself, and I, I'm alright Jack' mentality! Many people of all nationalities need to travel for family, health, bereavement, financial etc, etc, reasons. These have not been happy times for the vast majority of the world populace.
Which 8 discs did you choose to take with you?!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Oh for goodness sake, don't be so silly Brinsley. Nothing could be further from the truth. Its not a question of "I'm Alright Jack" I feel extremely sorry for what many people are having to go through. It was a question of looking to see over a year ago where I suspected the whole pandemic was going, with regard to moving country to country. It was pretty obvious. We decided well over a year ago not to leave the TRNC, or to invite families or friends to visit us here. It is very sad that circumstances have become even worse than I envisaged. The fact that we chose to stay in the KKTC for health reasons has. I believe, benefited us. If you really need to know my 8 discs I would be only too pleased to enlighten you, provided of course you you tell me yours!!!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Mr Tambourine man
Forever young
Twist of Fate (Baez version on Diamonds )
The Liquidator
The Hurricane
Diamonds and Rust
I and I
Jokerman

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Does this mean that people coming from the UK via larnaca will have to get their PCR certificate translated into Turkish?

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

13roman58 wrote:
Sun 06 Jun 2021 7:28 am
Does this mean that people coming from the UK via larnaca will have to get their PCR certificate translated into Turkish?
I have been informed its a No
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

So what did it mean?

Was it meaning if you cross the border to the south, then the pcr, that you obtain in the north, needs to be in English and Turkish?

That would kind of make sense?

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Trigger wrote:
Sun 06 Jun 2021 2:08 pm
Was it meaning if you cross the border to the south, then the pcr, that you obtain in the north, needs to be in English and Turkish?
In the original report it writes "Sınır kapılarından geçişler sırasında son 7 gün içerisinde yapılmış negatif PCR veya antijen test sonucunun İngilizce ve Türkçe belge ile ibraz edilmesi zorunludur" - It means that to cross you need a negative PCR or antigen test that has been carried out within 7 days of your crossing. Any such document printed in the north would be in English and Turkish. It doesn't mean that you need a pcr (from the UK or wherever) translated into Turkish inorder to cross into the north ... having it just in English would be fine.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

iancrumpy wrote:
Sun 06 Jun 2021 3:19 pm
Trigger wrote:
Sun 06 Jun 2021 2:08 pm
In the original report it writes "Sınır kapılarından geçişler sırasında son 7 gün içerisinde yapılmış negatif PCR veya antijen test sonucunun İngilizce ve Türkçe belge ile ibraz edilmesi zorunludur" - It means that to cross you need a negative PCR or antigen test that has been carried out within 7 days of your crossing. Any such document printed in the north would be in English and Turkish. It doesn't mean that you need a pcr (from the UK or wherever) translated into Turkish inorder to cross into the north ... having it just in English would be fine.
Thank you for explaining :+1:)

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Free antigen tests are not being accepted at the,Greek side as they dobt have a stamp and signature on them. If you managed to get through then you were lucky and not the norm. According to many people being sent back.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

We went and came back through Metehan with the Free Rapid Antigen test results, without any signatures or stamps.

The TRNC side, leaving and returning, never asked for them. Maybe as the results are linked to our passports, the relevant departments are communicating and the crossing personnel knew we had negative results, so no need to ask.

The GC side never asked to see them when arriving, but did ask to see them when leaving!

This was only our experience on a particular day at a particular time with certain crossing personnel. You may receive a totally different experience, as everything is very new.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Butterflyaway, what was your last point of entry to the TRNC prior to this trip and did you have any residency stamps in your passport please? Also did you drive and if so was it a TRNC registered vehicle?

Answers to those will answer many other questions for lots of people! Thanks.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

waddo wrote:
Fri 11 Jun 2021 10:55 am
Butterflyaway, what was your last point of entry to the TRNC prior to this trip and did you have any residency stamps in your passport please? Also did you drive and if so was it a TRNC registered vehicle?

Answers to those will answer many other questions for lots of people! Thanks.
Last point of entry was Ercan prior to Covid.

I have 16 years of uninterrupted Residency Stamps.

I did drive and it is TRNC registered vehicle.

Best of luck

And the Nespresso shop was open and doing a roaring trade with Brits as well as TC’s.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Now that means you are counting down your 90 days. So you either have to leave in that time via the south or get fined after that period if you do.
Let's hope both sides agree to cross border local tourism for shopping or just for a change etc.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Correct

We have LCA -LHR flights booked within the next 90 days, so we should be OK.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thank you Butterflyaway, good luck with your flights as well. We will try and see what happens next week sometime but will have to make the most of our 90 days then see what happens after 180 days, maybe they will start again but doubt it, the RoC will always make money if it can.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”