General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DenizIsmail
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

expert plumber

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by DenizIsmail »

Dear Forum members, for your information I have a dispute running with Esentepe Belediye regarding my water connection at our holiday home in Alagadi Girne. This has now been passed onto my solicitors to act for me however my solicitor has informed me that they require a plumbers report to confirm our water connection.

I am saying that the water is coming from our WELL. Esentepe Belediye is saying that I have an illegal connection to the mains water supply. I have looked at previous topics on the forum regarding plumbers and I have tried to contact Serif via whatsapp both phone and text message however getting no reply. Can anyone recommend a suitable plumber that might be able to do a report for me ?

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: expert plumber

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by faro »

Hi give Glenn a call. 05338472311

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

One thing i would recommend in the circumstance is to try to get a water sample from one of your near neighbours who you know are connected to the Belediye supply. And a sample from your own supply if you are certain that it is from your well. Then have both samples tested at a local Lab. If the result of the test shows you are not getting water from the same supply job done!!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

If no power on, water from well will not flow. If mains, then there will be pressure.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

DenizIsmail, just a thought but the Belediyesi might be trying a 'catch all' on you here. Is your well licenced, by that I mean is it registered anywhere and is it on your kocan? I know itscustom and practice now for people to sink wells on their property but when I asked (years ago) at Lapta Belediyesi they said no new licences for wells were being issued. It could be another question for your legal advisor.

DenizIsmail
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by DenizIsmail »

MedjouL1 yes my WELL is showing on my Kocan. I have now instructed a Civil Engineer to confirm whether my water connection is from the WELL or the mains ? However the Belediye are threatening me to pay a bill of over 5000tl to what they say is water used from the mains since 2016. However we purchased the house in 2014 ? So I do not know why 2016 and not 2014 and also we have no water meter so how have they calculated the bill of 5000tl ?

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

This is sounding more crazy by the day. As far as i am aware, there has been no mains water in Aligadi until the Esentepe pipeline was installed a few months ago? So how could you have used mains water since 2016???? I was involved with the campaign to try and get a fair price to get the water connected. And was told by the Ombudswoman that the Mayor could stop anyone using tankers if he had installed a water supply to the area near to a property. There was also mention of his powers to stop a well being used if mains water was available , but i am not sure about the legality of that.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

It seems that water has always been a hot topic around the Esentepe area. In everything I have read over the years it is a parang that the Esentepe Beli always require endless proof and lots of money to sort it all out to their advantage - they always put the user on the back foot!

Has any user then asked the Beli for proof that they (the Beli) are actually providing water, either legally or otherwise? If not and the user is employing a solicitor - hopefully one well outside of the area with no associations with the Beli - to request such proof from the Beli?

First things first - take photos, lots of them. Record contacts and conversations wherever possible. Use email and keep them all.

Just some thoughts.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

DenizIsmail
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by DenizIsmail »

Thank you everyone for your kind messages. Geoff1131 I have sent your message to my solicitor as it is worth noting. My solicitor has requested a breakdown from the Esentepe how they have calculated a bill over 5000tl for supposedly water usage without a water meter to record what has been used since 2016 ?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”