Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Minister announced the new decision

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

From Yeniduzen today :

All below copied direct from Yeniduzen - please note that there is no date/time when all the following, plus more, will come into effect - just be aware that things are going to/may change quite quickly - or not at all! Heads Up!!!

"Üstünel announced the NEW DECISION: "PCR done within 7 days will be requested in hotels and restaurants in open areas. 72 hours of PCR will be requested indoors. Those without PCR negative will NOT be able to enter the venues"

This will be a bit of a game changer?

“Routine PCR tests will be obligatory, control with QR code will be provided, QR code system will be activated soon, these codes will be used in enterprises, people who do not have up-to-date tests will not be admitted to the venues”

And this as well.

“Antigen test will be performed at the crossings between the north and south of Cyprus, and entry will be provided. Solemnity has increased a lot in the south, we will not close the doors, but we will ask for antigen testing at the entrances to the north."

This was not in place this morning for sure.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

greengate
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Minister announced the new decision

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by greengate »

This should be interesting..! Who is going to do the checking? - lots of questions likely to be raised.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

In theory it is a good idea but we all know that in theory practise always works but in practise, theory rarely works at all! If it is the same people who are checking now then how can it possibly have any difference? The jungle drums will be deafening between establishments once it starts - lol.

All we can do is wait and see.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

So how long will the antigen tests at the border take to give results? Where will people have to wait? Sounds like chaos!

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

greengate wrote:
Thu 08 Jul 2021 3:26 pm
This should be interesting..! Who is going to do the checking? - lots of questions likely to be raised.
Surely showing your vaccination card should help?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

And what happens to the people who are found to be Positive - chucked back over the border, whisked away to a quarantine hotel, disappeared into a black site (never to be seen or heard of again), issued with a wrist band or even worse - who knows.

The vaccination card won't help unless it shows the results of the antigen tests - in any case neither the Northern or Southern people on the checkpoints today paid any attention to that card. Only wanted Passport, Residency paper and antigen report. It beats me how it will be implemented and I feel sorry for the hotels/restaurants because very few people will be happy to add on and extra 200TL (PCR Test cost) to the price of a meal - EACH. This remembering that the free PCR has no print out!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by erol »

waddo wrote:
Thu 08 Jul 2021 5:19 pm
This remembering that the free PCR has no print out!
The antigen tests done at private labs that do provide a pdf print out option are also free. You just have to sign up on the link below and then you will be told which lab to go to but there is no charge.

https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

I would also suspect / guess that for use internally to the TRNC the free pcr test done by local government that do not have a pdf printout option currently will also be acceptable. These are certainly acceptable for staff working in shops. Karin gets one weekly to be able to do the KAR bookstall at Lambousa on Saturdays and Tulips shop on Sundays.

This system will no doubt still affect restaurants if it does come in to force as unless you already have a current test you can not just decide to go out for a meal on the spur of the moment. You will have to know you are going ahead of time and get one of the free tests.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Regarding. Border crossings. Just make sure you have the antigen test with print out as per normal. Think it may have been lost in translation. Surely not possible and ridiculous to have a test at the border. That's just farcical got to be wrongly translated or explained.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by erol »

susiesusie wrote:
Thu 08 Jul 2021 8:05 pm
Regarding. Border crossings. Just make sure you have the antigen test with print out as per normal. Think it may have been lost in translation. Surely not possible and ridiculous to have a test at the border. That's just farcical got to be wrongly translated or explained.
I would guess they mean for those visiting the north from the south. Given the recent rapid spread of the delta variant there it seems to me a reasonable measure short of stopping crossing all together for non essential trips. I would assume if you left from the north with a valid antigen test from previous 48 hours and are returning the same day then they will not require a fresh test on return as there would be little point given that it would not show anything even if you had contracted covid during your visit until three days anyway, as I understand it.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by erol »

https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES

These come in to force from Monday 12 July.

The "RULES FOR CROSSING THE INLAND BORDER" list three levels 1 to 3 but no where that I can find does it explicitly state that as of Monday 12th July we are moving from level 2 to level 3. it seems likely given that on the country code classification 'South Cyprus' is moving from orange to red but it does not say this anywhere I can find ?

Turkishcypriot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Turkishcypriot »

Same rules cam into effect on the south on June 1st. I crossed over on Wednesday only showed PCR test results to border and then went to Leroy merlin, Super home center, Cyprus Mall, restaurant, coffee shop etc and never got asked once for a negative pcr test result
https://t.me/pump_upp

karakum10
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by karakum10 »

I cannot see the Uk in the list of nationalities, please help!!

thank you

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Turkishcypriot wrote:
Fri 09 Jul 2021 1:33 pm
Same rules cam into effect on the south on June 1st. I crossed over on Wednesday only showed PCR test results to border and then went to Leroy merlin, Super home center, Cyprus Mall, restaurant, coffee shop etc and never got asked once for a negative pcr test result
Imho you are just creating more FUD and that is not helpful.

I crossed twice last week. Both time on leaving the north I had to show a current antigen test. On entering the South I had to show a current antigen test. On return to the north I had to show the same current antigen test at both the south side and the north side.

However the real point is that , as shown on the official TRNC government website, as from Monday coming, the TRNC has moved the RoC from it's orange category designation to its red category. If this means the TRNC RULES FOR CROSSING THE INLAND BORDER have moved from the level 2 they are currently at till next Monday to level 3 then you will not be able to cross with a current antigen test unless crossings due to work, education, residence from Monday next week.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by erol »

karakum10 wrote:
Fri 09 Jul 2021 1:56 pm
I cannot see the Uk in the list of nationalities, please help!!

thank you
https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES

the list that will come in to force as of Monday 12th
country list.JPG

karakum10
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by karakum10 »

thank you for your reply, I meant on the online form as per your link

regards