erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: New rules, application from?

•   Message 51 of 71 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Update re crossing north to south reported in in Cyprus mail

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/10/coro ... ed-status/
According to a statement by the Technical Committee on Health, in view of the epidemiological situation on the island, “it is justified to invoke the emergency mechanism and move to level 3 (dark red) as of Monday 12th July at 10am.”

The relevant rules for level 3 (dark red) will be as follows:

Non-vaccinated persons may cross with a 72hrs negative rapid test or PCR test (including unvaccinated workers and persons with health problems)
Fully vaccinated persons with EMA approved vaccines as well as the Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik vaccines, may cross with a 7-day negative rapid test or PCR test, as of 14 days after their final shot (1st dose if Johnson& Johnson).
Unvaccinated high-school students and people residing in Kato Pyrgos may, for transit purposes, also cross with a 7-day negative rapid or PCR test.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 52 of 71 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Following the new regulations with much interest, albeit from 2000 miles away.

From what I am reading and the pictures I am seeing, it does appear that the new rules are causing a certain amount of confusion. There are many pictures of people rushing out to get PCR tests, with little or no regard to social distancing.

Reading the rules (Very slowly) they seem to be trying to cover every eventuality and that makes things even more difficult. Can sit outside, cannot sit inside…. New categories for internal border crossings, different testing required, different vaccine status. Maybe with the onset of Bayram the regulations have been changed to try and control things better?

Admittedly this is only from reading and seeing pictures on social media, newspaper and other press reports.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 53 of 71 in Discussion

Post by erol »

And just seen this on the official government website news section headed "MINISTRY OF HEALTH EXPLANATION" dated yesterday

http://saglik.gov.ct.tr/HABERLER/sa%c4% ... 1klama-196

basically list what establishments you will need test for to enter either indoor or outdoor, as per the early link and list of the private labs. I am assuming the lab listed near the end called "Scaffolding" is some kind of lost in translation thing ? :)

nothing yet confirming what Cyprus Mail is reporting re crossing

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 71 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 1:34 pm

Enjoy the weekend and stay safe out there.
You too mate and don’t worry so much. Remember Howard Hughes started off thinking I need to wash my hands more and before you knew it he was living in the dark surrounded by Momans and bottling his own urine

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 55 of 71 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

We were off to the Karpaz marina early next week as we had a pcr test on Wednesday to be released from quarantine. Just had an email update from them saying that to get entry to the beach you need to have a negative pcr less than 72 hours old regardless of whether or not you are double vaccinated. That is crazy. Why not just follow the government advice of 1 week? And surely being double vaccinated has got to have some merit, even if to encourage more people to get vaccinated.

Also, can all of these test centres cope with all of this extra demand? Who is ensuring that people at these centres are adhering to the rules when queuing? This could only just exasperate the problem!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 71 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Trigger wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 5:27 pm

And surely being double vaccinated has got to have some merit,
You were expecting the fact that doing what you were told to do would gain you any advantages?
So naive ;)
Trigger wrote:

Also, can all of these test centres cope with all of this extra demand? Who is ensuring that people at these centres are adhering to the rules when queuing? This could only just exasperate the problem!
Apparently it shouldn't cause a problem!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northcy ... 229128191/

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 71 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:29 pm
Trigger wrote:

And surely being double vaccinated has got to have some merit,
You were expecting the fact that doing what you were told to do would gain you any advantages?
So naive ;)
Trigger wrote:

Apparently it shouldn't cause a problem!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/northcy ... 229128191/
Yeah, I should know better really. It’s just a bit odd as in Qatar, if you have been double vaccinated, you can pretty much access everything. No vaccine, no mall, place of work, gym… guess it’s just a different way of doing it out here. Time will tell which was the correct way.

Cannot read that as I am not on FB. What is the jist of it?

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 71 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Scaffolding is iskele it always translates as that?

They raided kyrenia last night it's in lgc fines and closures mostly for covid measures. Also said there going to be much more increased supervision so everyone follow the law or face the consequences.

Noted this as ive ate there quite a bit

Manipeni Restaurant was sealed on the grounds that it did not work in accordance with food hygiene conditions.

My wife won't go again if I tell her....theres a deliberation as I like the Jack Daniels sauce ..

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 59 of 71 in Discussion

Post by erol »

erol wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 3:31 pm
Update re crossing north to south reported in in Cyprus mail

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/10/coro ... ed-status/
Same info now no official trnc website

http://saglik.gov.ct.tr/HABERLER/sa%c4% ... 1klama-208

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 71 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Trigger wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:44 pm

Basically long queues and lots of confusion.

It's early days, it wouldn't be the first time a government or business made a big announcement which was bound to vastly increase demand without making the appropriate arrangements to increase supply.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 71 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 11:37 am
Trigger wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:44 pm

Basically long queues and lots of confusion.

It's early days, it wouldn't be the first time a government or business made a big announcement which was bound to vastly increase demand without making the appropriate arrangements to increase supply.
Sorry to disappoint. 🙄

My wife and I made online applications for rapid tests, Friday evening.

SMS messages duly received to our local phones a few minutes later, providing username and password, along with the individual laboratory name each of us should attend to be tested. We were given different laboratories even though our applications were submitted concurrently, presumably to spread the load within districts. The laboratory’s phone numbers were also provided in the message.

You have a three day window to attend for test from when you make your online application.

Google kindly helped us locate each laboratory and also helped with their opening hours info.

We each attended our respective laboratory Saturday morning. We didn’t phone ahead to book appointments

In my case, the admin side of things was handled by the laboratory receptionist - they had my details from the online application - whilst l was swabbed.

Each of us were in and out in just a couple of minutes.

Test results received by SMS to our local phones within 30 minutes.

Our experience of this new requirement, the online registration and application, along with attending at two different clinics, the messaging service and the availability of pdf download of the test result has been without fault.

All without cost too.

As we are double vaccinated our test results are valid for seven days.
libens volens potens

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 71 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

We have to agree, in and out in 5minutes
Well done TRNC.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 71 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

a1sysman wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:05 pm

Sorry to disappoint. 🙄
Not disappointed, good for you. I just pointed out the likelihood that when demand shot up the chances were that supply wouldn’t be able to cope, certainly short term.
The link I supplied indicated that.
I didn’t hire crisis actors to queue up for hours

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 71 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:36 pm
a1sysman wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:05 pm

Sorry to disappoint. 🙄
Not disappointed, good for you. I just pointed out the likelihood that when demand shot up the chances were that supply wouldn’t be able to cope, certainly short term.
The link I supplied indicated that.
I didn’t hire crisis actors to queue up for hours
I appreciate and understand you are using FB and the like for support your argument.

I used first hand experience in my post.

Maybe tomorrow you will be able to post here your first hand experience, good or bad.
libens volens potens

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 71 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I had my two jabs back in January (Pfizer) but am told I now need a PCR test to attend church next Sunday. This will be my first, so can someone tell me what I need to take with me, hoping to go to Alsancak Belediye. I'm assuming I will need Passport, mobile phone, but is there anything else please? Thank you.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 66 of 71 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 7:33 pm
I had my two jabs back in January (Pfizer) but am told I now need a PCR test to attend church next Sunday. This will be my first, so can someone tell me what I need to take with me, hoping to go to Alsancak Belediye. I'm assuming I will need Passport, mobile phone, but is there anything else please? Thank you.
Just Passport and mobile phone number.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 67 of 71 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

benjaminbutton wrote:
so can someone tell me what I need to take with me, hoping to go to Alsancak Belediye.
Soner wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:01 pm
I stand to be corrected... but do you not now need to register online and then be allocated a laboratory to attend (within three days), otherwise attending at (for example) Alsancak Belediyesi for PCR or rapid test without being officially directed to do so invites the very queuing issues exploited by some?
libens volens potens

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 68 of 71 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

a1sysman wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 11:53 pm
benjaminbutton wrote:
so can someone tell me what I need to take with me, hoping to go to Alsancak Belediye.
Soner wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:01 pm
I stand to be corrected... but do you not now need to register online and then be allocated a laboratory to attend (within three days), otherwise attending at (for example) Alsancak Belediyesi for PCR or rapid test without being officially directed to do so invites the very queuing issues exploited by some?
Correct. But you only need to bring Passport and phone number. Here is link to thread about Antigen test online application: viewtopic.php?p=276680#p276680
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 69 of 71 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

a1sysman wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:20 pm

I appreciate and understand you are using FB and the like for support your argument.

I used first hand experience in my post.

Maybe tomorrow you will be able to post here your first hand experience, good or bad.
Yes it was a real obscure point I made!

Government made an announcement that is going to push demand for PCR tests up, a lot. That’s a real out there theory.

If they haven’t made preparations for that demand shooting up then there is going to be queues and confusion. This obviously was particularly unfair because that never happens. After all no-one ever went to Lefkosa immigration at 5am to queue.

A site which is well worth following because it is very informative, doing translations of government notices and the like, reports to my astonishment that there is queues and confusion the next day.

You had a good experience and good luck to you and I hope it remains so. A lot of people in that post wasn’t as fortunate

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 70 of 71 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

a1sysman wrote:

So no confusion there? Or am I exploiting the issue?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 71 of 71 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Soner wrote:
Mon 12 Jul 2021 3:00 am
a1sysman wrote:
benjaminbutton wrote:
Correct. But you only need to bring Passport and phone number. Here is link to thread about Antigen test online application: viewtopic.php?p=276680#p276680
Sorry mis-read your post. Probably better to register online. I did....But, I went to the wrong place on same road in Iskele and they still did the Antigen test for me.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”