General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Entering TRNC via Ercan, crossing over to RoC...90 days issue

•   Message 1 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

OK, I came to TRNC via Ercan over a year and a half ago. Today got Antigen Test in Iskele, went home, got confirmation and printed off negative test result: https://covid19.gov.ct.tr

I could not drive over because RoC car tax office closed weekend, and as of Monday may not be able to cross border as RoC goes from amber to red.

So, decided to go for may McDonalds anyway via walkover at Ledra Street.

1) Showed British Passport and Antigen Test result at Turkish border. They did not have me on their system for entering country as I came into Ercan with my Kimlik, so gave them my kimlik. No problem.

2) Walked over to Greek Customs, gave them my Passport and Antigen Test results. No problem.

On return:

1) Passed through Greek Customs, who logged me on their computer as leaving RoC. Asked if 90 days visa was added on their system for my passport, as nothing was stamped on my passport. They checked their system and said "Yes". I told them that I would not be leaving via a RoC airport, of which they responded that it did not matter. All it means is that I can re-enter the RoC for up to 90 days, then after that I can not enter again until 180 days has been reach from first entry.

2) Passed through TRNC customs with kimlik, no problem, they did not even ask for AntiGen Test result.

So. it seems that they are logging you in and out of the RoC when entering from TRNC. You do not have to leave the island after 90 days via a RoC airport. It simply means you can not re-enter the RoC when your 90 days expire until your new 90 days start after 180 days of first entry.

Hope this helps with all the confusion about the 90 day visa and having to leave via RoC.

One thing to bear in mind, as I do not know what happens when you cross over to the RoC and return via the British Base, you may not be logged on RoC customs system as leaving. So I guess a way around this would be to re-enter the RoC on another date within your 90 day allowance via the British Base, then return to TRNC via a RoC Customs border, so that they actually register you on their system as leaving the RoC.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Entering TRNC via Ercan, crossing over to RoC...90 days issue

•   Message 2 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

One more thing. Those that had entered the RoC via Larnaca or Paphos at the end of last year who are worried about the 90 days over-stay fines, if you had crossed over to the TRNC on same day as arriving in RoC (or weeks after for that matter), and there were no Greek Customs when leaving RoC to TRNC to record that you had left, you could prove that you had left the RoC 1) if you had your passport stamped by TRNC customs on entry, or 2) You could get a TRNC Police "Ins & Outs" report which can also prove entering TRNC via RoC.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 36 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

So arriving at Larnaca, crossing into TRNC equals one day and then returning to ROC and departing from Larnaca equals just one more day - and provided no more than 90 days apart, all is well?
But there must then be 180 days after the "second" (departure) day before re-entering the ROC?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

jofra wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 7:22 pm
So arriving at Larnaca, crossing into TRNC equals one day and then returning to ROC and departing from Larnaca equals just one more day - and provided no more than 90 days apart, all is well?
But there must then be 180 days after the "second" (departure) day before re-entering the ROC?
You get a 90 day visa on first arrival.
You can come and go as much as you like within those 90 days.
After your visa runs out on 90th day, you then need to wait 90 days before you can get another 90 days visa to visit the RoC.

There are 4 countries in the EU that have their "own" 90 days visa separate to other EU countries. These are: Cyprus, Croatia, Bulgaria and Romania.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 36 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Interesting. Thanks Soner.
Jofra wrote:So arriving at Larnaca, crossing into TRNC equals one day and then returning to ROC and departing from Larnaca equals just one more day - and provided no more than 90 days apart, all is well?
That's what I understood and you can cross back and forth within those 90 days as you like.
Jofra wrote:But there must then be 180 days after the "second" (departure) day before re-entering the ROC?
Not sure but I think you can not cross after 180 from you first arrival in the RoC rather than 180 from your departure. So if you had stayed 89 days it would then be another 91 days before you could enter again , not another 180 from when you left ?

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 36 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

If there is a separate visa for those EU countries, does that mat time spent in other EU countries wouldn't be counted as part of the 90 in 180? I ask as I may have this problem next year. I intend visiting France for a period of time before TRNC via Larnaca. Thanks

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 36 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Thank you Soner

I was meaning to ask the lady in the Greek Cypriot booth when I came back last week to the North but she was busy on her phone.

So I assuming my 90 are clocking up.

I presume we can ‘drag’ out the 90 days across the 180 days.

It will be interesting to see in the next period of 180 days if they will let us repeat this ?

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 36 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Yes, thanks for this Soner ... it has clarified matters. I thought this might be the case when I saw the south-side checking passports for all leaving the south. Thank you for taking the time to ask them.
Erol wrote:I think you can not cross after 180 from your first arrival in the RoC rather than 180 from your departure. So if you had stayed 89 days it would then be another 91 days before you could enter again , not another 180 from when you left?
Erol, didn't you mean before "180 days from your arrival in the RoC". Surely it's the case that if you have spent 89 out of the 180 days shopping or airport-arriving etc in the south (clearly unlikely) then you'll have to wait until the 181st day from your first arrival to head south again.

And Erol, it means I have given up on getting my TRNC kimlik recognised by the south - My wife and I weren't looking forward to visiting the south-side immigration office ... and with these developments, I no longer really need to. I write this to you in particular because you were also thinking of getting your partner recognised by the south-side authorities.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 36 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

frugal90 wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:44 am
If there is a separate visa for those EU countries, does that mat time spent in other EU countries wouldn't be counted as part of the 90 in 180? I ask as I may have this problem next year. I intend visiting France for a period of time before TRNC via Larnaca. Thanks
My Two Cents
The 90 in 180 relates to the eu as well as Cyprus I think just about to blow your minds
Son uK isa citizen has "right to stay in Poland" this does not count to his 90 in 180 days in the EU
He is going on holiday to Malta his big problem is proving that he has not been in the UK to comply with the Maltese covid rules
So his Maltese days are 11of his 90 and because he is journeying to the UK he will not have to quarantine if Malta remains green for the UK covid rules
Going to Eire which is in the EU may not count to your eu 90in 180 if you go in via NI but Eire require a passenger locator do you think this ties in with the 90/180 as the UK has a common travel area with Eire
Certain passports open countless countries doors the UK passport is one of the best for travel well until covid now its like a game of three dimensional chess ((W))

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 36 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

frugal90 wrote:
If there is a separate visa for those EU countries, does that mat time spent in other EU countries wouldn't be counted as part of the 90 in 180? I ask as I may have this problem next year. I intend visiting France for a period of time before TRNC via Larnaca.

Hi Frugal90 ... the following has been taken from https://www.gov.uk/visit-eu-switzerland ... chtenstein

"Visas for short trips: you do not need one if you’re a tourist
If you’re a tourist, you do not need a visa for short trips to EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. You can stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
If you visit more than one of these countries within a 180-day period, check that you do not spend more than 90 days in total across all the countries you visit. That’s because most of these countries apply the 90-day limit as a group.
There are different rules for Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania. They each have their own separate 90-day limits. The time you spend in other countries does not affect how long you can spend in each of these countries without a visa."

As I read it, time spent in France wouldn't count to the 90-in-180 for Cyprus. As for time spent in Cyprus it might though count to the 90-in-180 spent in France ... but are you going to spend that much time in the south?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

frugal90 wrote:
That is how I understand it.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 6:48 am
So I assuming my 90 are clocking up.
Yes.
That did not cross my mind. Can anyone clarify this?

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 36 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Soner - I was only thinking as I worked in Istanbul for 4 years they are very strict in terms of visas and I never had a work permit.

I used to carefully count my 90 days in 180 then start counting again next 180.

I used to average 2/3 days a week there.

Be good if that is the case here.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 36 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

ljarvo wrote:
Soner wrote:That did not cross my mind. Can anyone clarify this?
That's out I understand it. It's just like what ljarvo used to experience when in Istanbul. I'm not though confirming that. If though, it's as I think it is, we have very little to worry about when it comes to travelling to the south, provided that is, there are are no members who feel the need to go shopping on the south-side almost every day.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 36 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

thanks iancrumpy,

all I would be doing is arriving at Larnaca, then transferring to the north

then returning a couple of months later

as far as the ROC would be concerned when going to the north then returning, would it not be counted as I had always been in the ROC

great if time in France/Germany doesn't count, m,eans I can go on my summer travels without worry

thanks

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 16 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

iancrumpy wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:00 am
ljarvo wrote:
Soner wrote:That did not cross my mind. Can anyone clarify this?
That's out I understand it. It's just like what ljarvo used to experience when in Istanbul. I'm not though confirming that. If though, it's as I think it is, we have very little to worry about when it comes to travelling to the south, provided that is, there are are no members who feel the need to go shopping on the south-side almost every day.
Thanks. Makes even more sense now.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 36 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

frugal90 wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:16 am
As far as the ROC would be concerned when going to the north then returning, would it not be counted as I had always been in the ROC
My interpretation of what Soner learned (and that the south-side are now checking passports for all heading north) is that time spent in the north will no longer contribute to the south-side's 90-in-180 days ... hopefully.
frugal90 wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:16 am
Great if time in France/Germany doesn't count, means I can go on my summer travels without worry
If the set-up is as it seems, then you should be fine. Please though understand, this is just my interpretation of what we're hearing and experiencing.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 18 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Soner wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 6:10 pm
One thing to bear in mind, as I do not know what happens when you cross over to the RoC and return via the British Base, you may not be logged on RoC customs system as leaving. So I guess a way around this would be to re-enter the RoC on another date within your 90 day allowance via the British Base, then return to TRNC via a RoC Customs border, so that they actually register you on their system as leaving the RoC.
If arriving to Larnaca and crossing via British Base (Pile), take note of above. Otherwise you may find that your time spent in TRNC will count as spent in RoC. Unless, of course, someone can confirm that they are now documenting departure from British Base to TRNC.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 19 of 36 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

Soner wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:42 am
If arriving to Larnaca and crossing via British Base (Pile), take note of above. Otherwise you may find that your time spent in TRNC will count as spent in RoC.
Good point.
Soner wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 9:42 am
Unless ... they are now documenting departure from British Base to TRNC
For this reason I'd be a bit worried crossing to the north at Pile. In the past, there have been issues with communication between the SBA police and the south-side authorities.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Soner, we went early Thursday morning, because we had not been for a long time and I was unsure if the road system had changed and concerned there maybe a high volume of traffic. We arrived at Metahan at 07:20 following the fastest trip I have ever made from Catalkoy, roads were quiet all the way!

Entered the South at 07:25, no problems, parked car in dusty car park opposite insurance booths so it could be seen from the GC Tax Office - important that because the miserable old goat who works there needs to be able to see your vehicle - wandered across to the insurance booths to ask what time the tax office opened - three different times given, 07:45, 08:00 and 08:30! Sat on the concrete seats outside the tax office and waited.

At 07:50 went to the police check point and asked there - told the tax office opens at 08:00, sat back down and watched Mr Miserable wander around outside. At 08:00 the blinds went up in the tax office so went there and it was open for business!

We plan on going to Dhekelia tomorrow to see if we are still allowed to cross as it is a bit confusing right now, some sites indicate that you can’t but some news reports say you can even under Cat 3. Will press to test in the morning and just enjoy the drive anyway!

It is very difficult to hear what Mr Miserable says because of traffic noise and he mumbles! It is also very difficult to see into the tax office at that time of day due to strong sunlight reflection from the office window. Ended up that he wanted the log book, driving license, passport and something else I could not understand - just gave him everything to sort out for himself (I can be miserable as well - lol) wanted to know where I was from, told him Catalkoy - not amused, WHICH COUNTRY? - pointed out my UK passport - less amused!

Grumble, mumble, where is your car, what is the registration, where is it from? All questions he knew the answers to and had the paperwork in support of in front of him. Sorry but petty officialdom goes nowhere with me, so he got answers but I had stopped being Mr Happy/helpful by then. Ended up getting my permission bit of paper, valid for 1 month only as a third country National I am treated as a tourist now but who cares? Straight to McD’s from there!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 21 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 10:02 am
Soner, we went early Thursday morning, because we had not been for a long time and I was unsure if the road system had changed and concerned there maybe a high volume of traffic. We arrived at Metahan at 07:20 following the fastest trip I have ever made from Catalkoy, roads were quiet all the way!

Entered the South at 07:25, no problems, parked car in dusty car park opposite insurance booths so it could be seen from the GC Tax Office - important that because the miserable old goat who works there needs to be able to see your vehicle - wandered across to the insurance booths to ask what time the tax office opened - three different times given, 07:45, 08:00 and 08:30! Sat on the concrete seats outside the tax office and waited.

At 07:50 went to the police check point and asked there - told the tax office opens at 08:00, sat back down and watched Mr Miserable wander around outside. At 08:00 the blinds went up in the tax office so went there and it was open for business!

We plan on going to Dhekelia tomorrow to see if we are still allowed to cross as it is a bit confusing right now, some sites indicate that you can’t but some news reports say you can even under Cat 3. Will press to test in the morning and just enjoy the drive anyway!

It is very difficult to hear what Mr Miserable says because of traffic noise and he mumbles! It is also very difficult to see into the tax office at that time of day due to strong sunlight reflection from the office window. Ended up that he wanted the log book, driving license, passport and something else I could not understand - just gave him everything to sort out for himself (I can be miserable as well - lol) wanted to know where I was from, told him Catalkoy - not amused, WHICH COUNTRY? - pointed out my UK passport - less amused!

Grumble, mumble, where is your car, what is the registration, where is it from? All questions he knew the answers to and had the paperwork in support of in front of him. Sorry but petty officialdom goes nowhere with me, so he got answers but I had stopped being Mr Happy/helpful by then. Ended up getting my permission bit of paper, valid for 1 month only as a third country National I am treated as a tourist now but who cares? Straight to McD’s from there!!!
Thanks for update Waddo. I will give tomorrow a miss, and wait until 14 days kicks in after my last last jab. Will be interested to hear about your experience crossing via SBA tomorrow.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 22 of 36 in Discussion

Post by erol »

waddo wrote:
The new rules are on the trnc government website now. You will be able to cross according to those.

http://saglik.gov.ct.tr/HABERLER/sa%C4% ... 1klama-208

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Soner, In trying to make some sense out of all the rules - the latest being: "Taking into account the epidemiological situation in Cyprus, the Health Technical Committee made an assessment to implement the emergency mechanism and raise it to level 3 (dark red) from 10:00 am on Monday, 12 July and - "A fully vaccinated person with Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik vaccines as well as EMA approved vaccines can pass with a 7-day negative rapid test or PCR test 14 days after their last vaccination (1st vaccine if Johnson& Johnson). Added to that is the current rule of:
Level 1: No tests, no restrictions
Level 2: Negative Antigen/PCR test one every 7 days
Level 3: Crossings are restricted. 72-hour PCR testing for crossings for health reasons. Negative Antigen/PCR test every 7 days for crossings due to work, education, residence.

All boiled down to mean - we think - That due to the raising of the levels to "Level 3 (dark red) from 10:00 on Monday" we now fall under the "Crossings are restricted" (Level 3 category) and that after 10:00 we would not be able to cross into the South. No problems because we could be there a lot earlier than that BUT what about coming North again after 10:00 and that is the big question.

We thought we would just go and ask at the crossing point, the danger there is if the person on duty says "No Problem" and we cross, when we come back it is not the same person and they say "BIG PROBLEM" you can't come in!! So until it becomes plain what we can and can not do, we will go shopping at Erulku instead - lol - and have a day out that way. Take care buddy and good luck at Metahan.

Just seen Erols post and read the Gov Web Site info from the URL he has provided - that makes it look like we can go BUT there is still the existing reasons under Level 3: "Crossings are restricted. 72-hour PCR testing for crossings for health reasons. Negative Antigen/PCR test every 7 days for crossings due to work, education, residence. On this site: https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES and with the best will in the World we don't think that crossing due to Fish and Chips is covered - lol. I will gladly be told how wrong I am.......

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 24 of 36 in Discussion

Post by erol »

waddo wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 11:02 am
Just seen Erols post and read the Gov Web Site info from the URL he has provided - that makes it look like we can go BUT there is still the existing reasons under Level 3: "Crossings are restricted. 72-hour PCR testing for crossings for health reasons. Negative Antigen/PCR test every 7 days for crossings due to work, education, residence. On this site: https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES and with the best will in the World we don't think that crossing due to Fish and Chips is covered - lol. I will gladly be told how wrong I am.......
You are right about the discrepancy. I am just assuming the later document supersedes the earlier one. I am waiting on a package showing as at my south po box tracking, which should be some time next week and will try and cross then. Will update if no one else has done before that.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Master Plan: Going to ask at 10:05 at the Dhekelia crossing - then we will see what happens - love a challenge!

Soner, you could always ask the same question at Metahan and send me a text to let me know what they say - hopefully before you cross over for your burger fix - lol.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Just taken this off "Cyprus Mail" so think that because we are both double vaccinated Erol is right in his assumption that the new rules supercede the old ones:

New regulations will be in place for crossings from Monday, as the two sides upped the risk level to dark red.

The two sides will now take vaccination certificates into consideration for crossings.

According to a statement by the Technical Committee on Health, in view of the epidemiological situation on the island, “it is justified to invoke the emergency mechanism and move to level 3 (dark red) as of Monday 12th July at 10am.”

The relevant rules for level 3 (dark red) will be as follows:

Non-vaccinated persons may cross with a 72hrs negative rapid test or PCR test (including unvaccinated workers and persons with health problems)
Fully vaccinated persons with EMA approved vaccines as well as the Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik vaccines, may cross with a 7-day negative rapid test or PCR test, as of 14 days after their final shot (1st dose if Johnson& Johnson).
Unvaccinated high-school students and people residing in Kato Pyrgos may, for transit purposes, also cross with a 7-day negative rapid or PCR test.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 27 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 12:17 pm
Just taken this off "Cyprus Mail" so think that because we are both double vaccinated Erol is right in his assumption that the new rules supercede the old ones:

New regulations will be in place for crossings from Monday, as the two sides upped the risk level to dark red.

The two sides will now take vaccination certificates into consideration for crossings.

According to a statement by the Technical Committee on Health, in view of the epidemiological situation on the island, “it is justified to invoke the emergency mechanism and move to level 3 (dark red) as of Monday 12th July at 10am.”

The relevant rules for level 3 (dark red) will be as follows:

Non-vaccinated persons may cross with a 72hrs negative rapid test or PCR test (including unvaccinated workers and persons with health problems)
Fully vaccinated persons with EMA approved vaccines as well as the Sinovac, Sinopharm or Sputnik vaccines, may cross with a 7-day negative rapid test or PCR test, as of 14 days after their final shot (1st dose if Johnson& Johnson).
Unvaccinated high-school students and people residing in Kato Pyrgos may, for transit purposes, also cross with a 7-day negative rapid or PCR test.
That was how I understood it, hence, deciding not to go tomorrow and just wait until my 14 days after last vaccination kicks in, which will be in just 9 days time - if things do not change by then.....
(Anyway, I had enough McD's yesterday to keep me going for at least 6 months.)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Still going anyway and will let you know. Can't get you a Mcd's from Dhekelia anyway so you just have to suffer - lol. Fish and chip run here we come.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 29 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 2:51 pm
Still going anyway and will let you know. Can't get you a Mcd's from Dhekelia anyway so you just have to suffer - lol. Fish and chip run here we come.
Tempting.....but what if they don't let you back over?

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Then we will just return to Dhekelia Military Cemetery and sit on our plots till it is time to leave - lol. We are both double jabbed and have in date antigen tests so meet all the requirements as posted on both sides - we will also ask before we cross just to make sure that the North will let us back in (Residency doc's all current) and we have the space to self isolate at home even though both over 65 so can't really see a problem.

Will give it a shot and see how it goes - report back from cell 174 in central prison tomorrow - lol.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 31 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 4:08 pm
Then we will just return to Dhekelia Military Cemetery and sit on our plots till it is time to leave - lol. We are both double jabbed and have in date antigen tests so meet all the requirements as posted on both sides - we will also ask before we cross just to make sure that the North will let us back in (Residency doc's all current) and we have the space to self isolate at home even though both over 65 so can't really see a problem.

Will give it a shot and see how it goes - report back from cell 174 in central prison tomorrow - lol.
Good for you. Enjoy!
Skate & Chips now on my mind.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

waddo wrote:

My first trip over was June 10th and being a UK passport holder with a UK driving license and a TRNC registered vehicle I was also only given one month.

When I went over a couple of weeks later, I gave in this piece of paper and asked if it could be extended.

I got 12 months.

I know others have also been given 12 months.

Just ask every time you cross at Metehan when the booths are open.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 33 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Butterflyaway wrote:
Sun 11 Jul 2021 5:22 pm
waddo wrote:

My first trip over was June 10th and being a UK passport holder with a UK driving license and a TRNC registered vehicle I was also only given one month.

When I went over a couple of weeks later, I gave in this piece of paper and asked if it could be extended.

I got 12 months.

I know others have also been given 12 months.

Just ask every time you cross at Metehan when the booths are open.
Good idea, they will realise that they are only creating extra work for themselves by only giving out 1 month.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 36 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

There and Back! Arrived at North crossing point (Beyarmudu), really quiet, presented required paperwork - passport, antigen test, residency document, green vaccination card! Asked can we cross, answer yes no problem! Asked can we come back home later today, answer yes, no problem, Gule, Gule and off we went!
Stopped at SBA checkpoint and gave the same paperwork again. We were asked where we lived and said in the North side. Asked if we had entered Cyprus from Ercan, said no, asked if we had entered via the ROC, said no - confusion!! Asked where we had entered Cyprus and said Kyrenia (we came by ferry) - light bulb time! OK, no problem but I have to give you a 90 day SBA visa can you wait while I write it out, yes! 5 minutes and we were given our visa’s. Now free to continue. Asked what happens in 91 days time if we want to cross again, answer, come back and get another visa, it is only for SBA use! Off we went, bought too much in Lidl and ate too much fish and chips at Dhekelia! Then time to come home.
Back to same North check point we had used to leave, showed same paperwork again, told “welcome back” and we drove home again.
Whole process painless and hardly any traffic at all, good day out and enjoyed the fish and chips.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 35 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Great information Waddo. Glad you had a great day out in RoC.
One thing I am confused on is: The 90 day visa given, is that 90 days from entry and ends 90 days later whether you re-enter or not? Or is it 90 days allowed in 180?

If it is 90 days in 180, then you were not entered on SBA or R0C system as leaving RoC to TRNC.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 36 of 36 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

There are many discrepancies, nothing coming out Gov sites RoC and TRNC as clear cut. The more members can record their experiences the best we can make of the facts and not the limited information we are being fed.

I may try and put all info gathered together to help members be better informed.

It is also understood that ex-pats that entered TRNC before Covid lockdown and new 90 day rule, were able to to fly back out to UK via Larnaca without problem, no fines etc. issued by RoC immigration.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”