How to chase overdue residency renewal permit

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Asia111

How to chase overdue residency renewal permit

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

How do you get an appointment at Nicosia immigration department to chase progress of residency renewal.

I have a general help line no.
Is there an online appointment system or Whatsapp contact?

Anyone renewed very recently? Turnaround time?

Thanks in advance

ElectricianPete
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: How to chase overdue residency renewal permit

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ElectricianPete »

We needed to fast track my son's residency. We went to Nicosia without appointment and spoke to enquiry desk. They sent us to the right office and sorted.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

The official way is to use the online appointment system https://randevu.icisleri.gov.ct.tr/VATA ... ture=en-US

Complete all your details
You select the department you want to visit (3rd option for residency procedures)
Then pick a date and it will display times available. Looks like 3rd August is first available date with appointments.

Can't help you with turnaround times, we're due to renew next month.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

I rang the appropiate number , got an appointment, had it confirmed on the phone, went there eventually found the correct office, the ladies in there were very helpful and said all my paperwork was in order for my renewal. They could not 'press the final button' and unfortunately Mr. Tamer, who I had my appointment with, could not come in that day. I said that I travelled all the way from Dipkarpaz!! The lady said, don't worry, it will be done in a week or so, just keep signing in to your page on the immigration internet department, it will be sorted in a few days!! Well that was on 18.06.21, exactly a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asia111

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Thanks for you replies. I will let you know how I get on.

As office locations are constantly changing may I ask where you head to in Nicosia for the residency ‘chase’ appointment?

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

2020-11-12.jpg
Muhaceret Dairesi İzin Kurulu
Şht. Hüseyin Bora Sk, Lefkoşa 99010
Well a month ago it was there

Asia111

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Thanks Dippersgirl. I am familiar with building. Which entrance and office is being used for residency appointments at the moment?

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

We walked into that door in the picture, to reception and were directed to a nearby office, there they said see Mr. Tamer and told us were to find his office.
Well the rest as per message 4,

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

No change on the web page, but then .........................it's Bayram............................

Asia111

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

I am reliably informed that the online residency renewal process is currently taking immigration department 6-8 wks to process.

Hope you got sorted Dippersgirl

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

No, nothing!!!! And the tel.no. that I was given to arrange the appointment is now never answered. Next week it will be 2 months!! Its just too hot to travel to Nicosia. I will wait another month and if nothing has happened, we will go there and I will not leave until they do it!!!!

Asia111

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Dippersgirl - sorry to hear you are still waiting for your permit.

I hope I don’t have to wait any more than the stated 6-8 weeks. I intend to go to Nicosia to chase.
The current timescale is very frustrating, especially as unable to apply earlier than 20 days prior to renewal and cannot leave the island for an ‘unlimited’ period until process complete or risk large fine!

Whilst there are some aspects of the old system I definitely don’t miss, such as long waits in the queue at police station and Nicosia immigration offices - always got my renewal permit stamp quickly with the old system (within 2-3 weeks of police station assessment).

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Acacia, I can't believe I'm typing this, but I too miss the old system. Turned up, was eventually given a number (sometimes in the hundreds and I knew for a certainty that we would not get seem that day) Went away, had lunch somewhere and went back next day. Handed a reasonable number, got out my book and crossword and waited it out. Eventually seen (Hopefully not by Face Ache on the far RH) All used to go well until one day "she" asked to see my UK bank statement. After being told very forcefully by me that she had absolutely no right to do so, she marched off, a lot of shouting came and went and eventually without a word, she did whatever she was supposed to do and all was well. At least I could have a row with a person and not with a bloody laptop.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”