General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Article on Maras / Varosha

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

We went to visit yesterday and on doing some further research I came across this article;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021 ... 1626613040

Anyway, just thought I would share.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Article on Maras / Varosha

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Thanks for that Trigger, an interesting read. Here is reaction from TRNC Presidents Office on Maras issue: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54442
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I read the Guardian article as well. I notice it still referred to an "invasion" and on a couple of occasions Tatar incorrect i.e Tartar. I only have that with fish.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Soner wrote:
Wed 21 Jul 2021 2:07 pm
Thanks for that Trigger, an interesting read. Here is reaction from TRNC Presidents Office on Maras issue: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54442
Thanks Soner. The problem is that the rest of the world listen to stuff like that. The amount of people I speak to in different countries who are unaware of what actually happened here in the 70’s is astounding. Well apart from one girl I got speaking to one night at a wedding in Amsterdam. She had done her thesis on the build up / war / division. She was very knowledgeable and I stood and spoke to her for hours.

I know the guardian article wasn’t perfect, but it wasn’t totally bias, or at least in my opinion, it wasn’t.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”