Choices, choices ... which test to take?

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Choices, choices ... which test to take?

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good evening all.

The TRNC health ministry provide an online portal to register for either an antigen or a PCR test, both free. https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

Following your swab test you have to wait for an SMS to relay the result of whichever test you have opted to take.

Assuming you have tested negative through either the antigen or the PCR test you can login in and download a signed and stamped certificate as a pdf detailing who you are, the date the test was taken and your negative result.

The document is accepted north and south side at Metehan (going south), by store greeters south side and again at Metehan south side and north side upon returning to the north.

The antigen negative test confirmation is valid for up to 72 hours from the date the certificate is issued.

The PCR negative test confirmation is valid for seven days from the date the certificate is issued.

Now, many people are choosing to pay private clinics, walk-in services offered, for PCR tests. They have to return to the clinic to pick up their test result. A signed document and stamped document confirming the negative result, if negative, of course. Again, this document is valid for seven days from the date of issue.

My question is two fold:

(a) Why opt for a free antigen test when you can at the same time have chosen to opt for a free PCR test, 72 hours against seven days seems a no brainer to me?

and

(b) Why are people choosing to undertake paid for PCR tests when these (to the best of my knowledge) carry no greater weight in respectability than the free PCR tests one can apply for through the health ministry portal https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

There is no hidden agenda behind my questions I genuinely want to understand the reasoning behind individual's decision in this respect.
libens volens potens

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Choices, choices ... which test to take?

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by cambridge »

IMO there is a possibility when travelling without the original signed / stamped copy in Turkish and English that there may be a dispute at Larnaca or the UK. So people go to clinics and hospitals where they can collect the original certificate rather than a download.
Justified, I don’t know.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Member states that Free PCR was fine for travel: viewtopic.php?p=277469#p277469
The antigen negative test confirmation is valid for up to 72 hours from the date the certificate is issued.
Valid for 7 days if double vaccinated and 14 days have passed since last jab.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

cambridge wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021 8:31 pm
IMO there is a possibility when travelling without the original signed / stamped copy in Turkish and English that there may be a dispute at Larnaca or the UK. So people go to clinics and hospitals where they can collect the original certificate rather than a download.
Justified, I don’t know.
Thank you for your comment.

There is, understandably, increased concern one has everything (documentation-wise) in order when about to undertake air travel. No one wants to be turned back at the airport for any reason.

I have not yet read of anyone being declined air travel to the UK or elsewhere, be it from Larnaca, Paphos or Ercan (or Istanbul) for that matter, through presenting their date valid TRNC Health Ministry antigen negative, or PCR negative, downloaded document, nor having this rejected upon arrival in the UK.

The TRNC Health Ministry antigen and PCR documents are printed in Turkish and English. They are clear, well written with all the relevant personal information displayed in bold capitalised type. The documents are double stamped and are counter-signed by the lead medical professionals involved in checking the test result from the testing establishment. There are also barcode and QR codes, presumably these are for official use cross checking.

I say the above just for balance.

If anyone has submitted a TRNC Health Ministry date valid antigen or PCR negative result document at an airport (or elsewhere) only to have the document rejected, please can you provide details here, or by PM.

Thanks.
libens volens potens

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Just some things to note. Which test you get if you are doing so to work in say a shop or market or restaurant is now set by the government. Some sectors need antigen and some pcr and some either.

Previously my spouse would get pcr test done by the lapta belidiyer to be able to work at market and charity shop, where you did not need to book in advance You could just turn up with ID. The results were given via the same website they all are but these PCR test did not give you a pdf download option and thus were no use for travel out of trnc.

In any case the current requirements to work in shops or market is now for antigen test and not PCR so that is why she gets antigen tests now and not pcr.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

erol wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021 8:32 am

In any case the current requirements to work in shops or market is now for antigen test and not PCR so that is why she gets antigen tests now and not pcr.
Interesting. On this point perhaps a negative test result valid for a maximum of three days keeps a tighter reign on Covid management within shop and market workers, and others who may also be required to take antigen tests for employment.
libens volens potens

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

I was told the PCR test you applied for online is not free? Tried the link but didnt understand what happened after they sent a code to your phone. Do you just turn up, do you have to call and book? Ended up using the govt one in Karakum.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

The code is to access your details that you registered online. You need to just turn up at said location within 3 days of applying.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Soner wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021 9:36 pm
The code is to access your details that you registered online. You need to just turn up at said location within 3 days of applying.
Ah ok thank you, so is PCR free?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

forestpixie wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 9:54 am
Soner wrote:
Yes, the PCR test applied for through the TRNC Health Ministry portal https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true is free, as l said in my original post.
libens volens potens

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

a1sysman wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 10:07 am
forestpixie wrote:
Soner wrote:
Yes, the PCR test applied for through the TRNC Health Ministry portal https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true is free, as l said in my original post.

Ok, everyone says something different here 🤣

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

forestpixie wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 11:39 am
a1sysman wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 10:07 am
forestpixie wrote:

Ok, everyone says something different here 🤣
I booked Antigen Test in Iskele, system gave Tip Merkesi for free test. If I enter PCR for test in Iskele, then there is no option to have test done at the Isle Tip Merkesi. I had asked staff who had informed me that the Antigen Test was free, but the PCR test that they did there would cost 130tl.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Soner wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 9:43 pm
I booked Antigen Test in Iskele, system gave Tip Merkesi for free test. If I enter PCR for test in Iskele, then there is no option to have test done at the Isle Tip Merkesi. I had asked staff who had informed me that the Antigen Test was free, but the PCR test that they did there would cost 130tl.
Would this be because Iskele Tip Merkesi are contracted to provide only antigen tests for free?

PCR swabs taken at Iskele Tip Merkesi having then to be contracted out to a laboratory for commercial PCR testing at additional expense, for which you would be charged 130TL.

This does not mean the clinics / labs booked through https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true in either Lefkoşa (choice of three labs) or Girne (Kolan hospital) regions charge for PCR tests. These clinics / labs do not charge for either antigen or PCR tests if the particular test is applied for through https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

It is the weekend, I'm uncertain if greater choice becomes available Monday to Friday.
libens volens potens

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

a1sysman wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 11:07 pm
Soner wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 9:43 pm
Would this be because Iskele Tip Merkesi are contracted to provide only antigen tests for free?

PCR swabs taken at Iskele Tip Merkesi having then to be contracted out to a laboratory for commercial PCR testing at additional expense, for which you would be charged 130TL.

This does not mean the clinics / labs booked through https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true in either Lefkoşa (choice of three labs) or Girne (Kolan hospital) regions charge for PCR tests. These clinics / labs do not charge for either antigen or PCR tests if the particular test is applied for through https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

It is the weekend, I'm uncertain if greater choice becomes available Monday to Friday.
:+1:)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”