General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell home internet

•   Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Has anyone any experience with the,turkcell home internet . Regarding advertised speeds of 10 and 20mbps.
Renewal due soon .,any comments good or bad welcome.
Many thanks.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell home internet

•   Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

It's cheap and okay'ish but signal knocks out every other day or so for a few minutes and speed dies at weekends due to over use of other subscribers. Told I'd get fibreoptic cable but not the case and only 25pax max would use the relay 'station' to my location, not so! The bandwidth is not up standard. No customer service tel. number which works or answered. Too late for me as I'm locked in for 15 months.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

They are really pushing this "service" hard aren't they. I seem to get an Ad on my phone 4 or 5 times a week. I wish they could sort my abysmal phone/text service out but its like baying at the moon. Does no good at all.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

susiesusie wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 11:40 am
Has anyone any experience with the,turkcell home internet . Regarding advertised speeds of 10 and 20mbps.
Renewal due soon .,any comments good or bad welcome.
Many thanks.
We have Turkcell home internet (Lifecell Digital). Consistent 20Mbs download 24/7. Very reliable. No complaints. We are in Karşıyaka.
libens volens potens

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Mine is very reliable too I have no idea regards speeds. Not interested in that really. I will go with them again.(Turkcell)

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

I am in Karsiyaka and have been considering whether to give Lifecell a trial:

Is a trial period available or is it straight onto a contract?

Also, the advert (Turkcell) offer quotes 10mbt, but 20mbt is mentioned here. I assume you have a choice of speeds & obviously pay more for 20?

I currently get 20mbt (or higher) from my current service provider although it costs way more than Lifecell.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

2Jays wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 6:15 pm
I am in Karsiyaka and have been considering whether to give Lifecell a trial:

Is a trial period available or is it straight onto a contract?

Also, the advert (Turkcell) offer quotes 10mbt, but 20mbt is mentioned here. I assume you have a choice of speeds & obviously pay more for 20?

I currently get 20mbt (or higher) from my current service provider although it costs way more than Lifecell.
Good price…
https://www.lifecelldigital.com/kampanyalar

We have no complaints at all with the Lifecell Digital 20mbs service / contract we are on, here in Karşıyaka. We are in direct line of sight to the mast.

I negotiated three months free trial upfront, then a 12+3 month contract. I have no idea if a free trial will still be available given the set up is also included.
libens volens potens

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

a1sysman: thanks for the link, looks interesting. Will let you know outcome if I go ahead (which I reckon we will).

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Many thanks for your replies. Think I will give them a miss this year reading and anylising your comments..
Thanks again.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

susiesusie wrote:
Sat 24 Jul 2021 8:54 pm
Many thanks for your replies. Think I will give them a miss this year reading and anylising your comments..
Thanks again.
This reads to me as though you have decided to dismiss Turkcell (Lifecell Digital). Howabout your current ISP, are you going to stay with your current ISP, or change to another ISP?

You mention advertised speeds in your original post, has this been an issue with your current ISP?

No one wants to get locked int to an 12 month, or longer, contract only to find their iSP fails to deliver on speeds or service in general.
libens volens potens

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Yes. With extend and have been for a few years now. Was thinking the 20mbps might solve or improve some buffering issues. Paid for 10mb at the moment and getting mostly that.
Had speed issues in the past but seems to be ok now .

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

susiesusie wrote:
Sun 25 Jul 2021 8:14 am

Was thinking the 20mbps might solve or improve some buffering issues.
The buffering issues may be unrelated to your download speed. The issues may be related to the app or apps you use to deliver TV services or films to whatever you watch these on.

An easy test whether the download speed is sufficient for such services is to sign up for a Netflix account here in North Cyprus.

https://www.netflix.com/

Watch Netflix on your smartphone, tablet, Smart TV, laptop, or streaming device, all for one fixed monthly fee. Plans range from 26.99 TL to 54.99 TL a month. No extra costs, no contracts.

No need to pay more than 26.99TL for one month for basic package. That will give you plenty of time to test. I think Netflix will offer you for free a HD feed for the first month, at basic service cost.

Stop paying, stop receiving the service at the end of the month. It really is as simple as that. No hassle.

If you find the official Netflix feed delivers to you without buffering then your download speed is sufficient. Look elsewhere, such as the app(s) you may be using to view hookie UK TV services and hookie Netflix, HBO, Amazon, Hulu content.
libens volens potens

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

We've had lifecell for some years now, and must admit they're very good; they're very open whether you need 10 or 20, if 20 isn't feasible they will tell you. And to be honest, apart from one occasion when we had to call them out following a storm where our equipment was damaged, we've not had any trouble at all - so glad we moved to them.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I watch Netflix on my laptop never buffers.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Many thanks. I have a firestick so I presume I just type in the net flix url as detailed on downloader search engine or do I have to go and get it from firefox or the like.
Did not realise how cheap it was.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Deniz1 wrote:
Sun 25 Jul 2021 4:38 pm
I watch Netflix on my laptop never buffers.
A hookie Netflix content feed (via an app such as Cinema HD v2) or pukka paid subscription to Netflix?

I definitely noticed a big difference when I switched to the cheap-as-chips pukka paid subscription to Netflix. No buffering whatsoever.
Last edited by a1sysman on Sun 25 Jul 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
libens volens potens

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

susiesusie wrote:
Sun 25 Jul 2021 4:44 pm
Many thanks. I have a firestick so I presume I just type in the net flix url as detailed on downloader search engine or do I have to go and get it from firefox or the like.
Did not realise how cheap it was.
Start here https://www.netflix.com/tr-en/
libens volens potens

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Im lucky i use my daughters Netflix account she set it up for me last time she visited.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Turkcell costing me less then my previous provider Multimax.
Turkcell speeds are a big improvement on MM.
Can now watch TV at night without things grinding to a halt.
Turcell does seem to drop out during the day more than what MM did but most times only for seconds.
The Turcell help desk is very poor compared to MM.
Using a iptv package costing about £50 per YEAR, giving me every channel even pay per veiw events at no extra cost.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Seems like a no brainer for you thornaby, doesn't it. Sadly it isn't for us all. Can you use a Amazon Firestick or a box.?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi BJB,
Was using a oldish firestick, with that and dreadful download speeds for evening viewing things were unwatchable for a lot of the time. The firestick I was using wasn't up to the job. Changed Internet provider and used my Android tablet for the package I was using. Not a problem since. And, an added advantage is that I can link my Samsung tablet direct to the Samsung TV without wires. Can't be more pleased, an amazing TV package for around 15 pence a day.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

thornaby, when is an oldish Firestick old? Also, do you rate Samsung TV's?

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Come on thornaby tell them about the time you had no internet for 24 hours and no one spoke English then you were eventually put in contact with a contractor who eventually fixed the problem

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Dave G, apart from one incident where my Internet was off for an extended period my experience with Turkcell has been good. I will measure it on the service/ performance I get every day and their response to faults. Performance on the whole far better than my previous provider, response to faults or ease of reporting a fault leaves a lot to be desired. I hope the information I have got from my last / first issue will make things smoother next time.

BJB firesticks come in various models. Mine was a small rectangular box, my iptv provider said I should be using the latest 4k one, mine was not that. The android tablet connection with the better Internet speeds have totally transformed my viewing experience. By no means an expert on this but my understanding is that Samsung are the market leaders

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Just as I thought then... poor response times in general.also as they are indeed targeting english speaking potential clients then have English speaking help line staff.
Would rather be told when problems occur that it's being dealt with rather than being unable to understand or no response at all.
Next year maybe .
Thanks for the information and responses.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

susiesusie wrote:
Tue 27 Jul 2021 7:38 am
Just as I thought then... poor response times in general.also as they are indeed targeting english speaking potential clients then have English speaking help line staff.
WRT Lifecell Digital, you say poor response times in general - l will have to take the word of others for that as l have never, ever, experienced the same from Lifecell Digital. Why’s that? Because Lifecell Digital are extremely good at what they do.

Thr Lifecell Digital helpline staff do speak English. Try for yourself. The number is 0533 878 0535. For English press 9.
libens volens potens

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”