Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problem at Larnaca

•   Message 51 of 56 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

ETS, Looks more like a FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily) than a Triumph! Lol
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 56 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Mon 09 Aug 2021 12:05 pm
ETS, Looks more like a FORD (Fix Or Repair Daily) than a Triumph! Lol
Always was pleased with my Fords. Had one Vauxhall which many people swear by which I spent all my time swearing at, total nightmare/money pit.
Luck of the draw I guess.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 53 of 56 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

niceone wrote:
Mon 09 Aug 2021 11:11 am
Not really sure at what point anyone else was asked for the PCR results, we flew out from Larnaca last night with TUI we had to show it at the crossing, at the check in desk we only had to show our passports, passenger locator form and proof of double vaccination , at immigration they just took the photo printout from the machine and let us through, we were not asked for the PCR results anywhere
it seems to be sure that the GC administration struggles, due to missing regulations, for the right behaviour.
it makes no sense to shout and start discussions with travellers.
it seems that this will come to an end.... and regulations are out, or will be out soon.

also, i read, it seems that any antigen or pcr tests issued in the north, which are neccessary to cross the green line, are not recognised at the check-in at LCA to fly out any more.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 56 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

PCR/Antigen tests in the North should only be valid in the North and the South, maybe also Turkey at a push. They should not be valid to go to a second country I.e. North to South, then onwards to anywhere. If you come from the North and go to the South to fly away then expect to require a PCR/Antigen test taken in the country you are leaving from - common sense!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 55 of 56 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

The UK Government website states;

You can choose to take a test:

in the place where you start your journey

in another country on your way to England, if you are travelling through another country.

iancrumpy
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 56 of 56 in Discussion

Post by iancrumpy »

There are hundreds of TC students, currently in Cyprus, who study in the UK and elsewhere. And of course, as their summer holiday comes to an end, they are also worried as to whether a PCR carried out in the north will be accepted at Larnaca. The attachment shows the screenshot of a message from a GC call-center saying that Cyprus Airways WILL ACCEPT a PCR carried out in the north. The said TC students have today been sharing this screenshot on social media.

Other airlines could though take a different attitude ... and the destination would seem relevant.
Attachments
ASDZXC.png

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”