Is the Astra Zeneca vaccine done in TRNC accepted by UK ?

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Is the Astra Zeneca vaccine done in TRNC accepted by UK ?

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Hi........... does anyone know if the Astra Zeneca vaccine taken in the TRNC valid in the UK ?

For example , If flying out from Laranca, is there a need to self isolate for 10 days ?

Any help would be appreciated from recent travellers gone back to the UK from Larnaca

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Is the Astra Zeneca vaccine done in TRNC accepted by UK ?

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

No. Nothing that isn't administered by the NHS is accepted. So yes you will have to self isolate.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

You can travel to UK from the EU and America and not quarantine if you have had an European Approved vaccine if the vaccines are on the EU COVID travel app or the American equivalent

Unfortunately our Adapass won’t be accepted even though we have had Astra Zeneca !!

I read that today an email address via the South is going to issued so Turkish Cypriot students can have their vaccines added to the EU passport app so they can travel to UK without quarantine.. they need to show a flight is booked etc…

Why is the government here only dealing with the students ? Surely it’s not right we are excluded from this ?

I have contacted British High Commission etc but no response

It’s not fair ….

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

No ljarvo it's not fair, but when have we ever been treated totally fairly. We're not TC's, student or otherwise and I wish you luck re getting a reply from the BHC, other than perhaps a negative one.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

I 7nderstand the argument to prevent forgery and not accepting a card but that falls down 8n relation to the ads pass which is as secure as nhs

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

The South is NOT only dealing with students. They are dealing with Turkish Cypriots. It is not the TRNC Gov that is stopping you it is the RoC Gov. Anyone with a UK passport who is a an EU citizen can still travel - oh sorry, forgot about Brexit - no they can't!

The UK voted to leave but you can still fly to UK anytime you want - just the same as anyone else through, you will either hotel quarantine or self quarantine - depending on where you come from. UK is causing the problem with only accepting NHS administered vaccines anyway.

The AdaPass is issued by a country that is not recognized by anyone bar Turkey so don't expect it to be accepted by the UK, regardless of how secure you think it might be.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Seeing how the UK figures daily and for deaths are worse (much) than the figures from Turkey I think it is about time the UK revised the red status.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

It’s still not fair that a British person with a British passport after having 2 Astra Zeneca vaccines paid for and supplied by the EU cannot come to UK without quarantine

It’s discrimination end off in my opinion

Yes I understand it’s the British government

It’s also a poor show that the help line for people vaccinated outside the UK can only be dialled from within the UK!!

However I do think the government here should be trying to help all nationalities that is caught in this stupid trap

Rant over

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

I have just read that Turkey have joined the EU Covid vaccine list so fingers crossed we may be included!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

ljarvo, totally understand the "Rant" and all the feelings behind it and not trying to run anyone down for moaning about the current situations. Have felt the same in years gone by for many reasons, far too many to even enter into, these days I just boil quietly and shout at the dog - don't help much but every little helps - lol.

You do know that the vaccines paid for and supplied by the EU were intended for EU citizens through don't you? The fact that some ex EU citizens were offered them by a - kind of - EU country just complicates the whole things. I am waiting for the RoC to start on that particular band waggon and complain about the misuse of vaccines by the "Occupied Territory", it is bound to happen if they ever get hold of the actual facts and figures, that are now of course starting to mount up on the AdaPass system!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

https://www.yeniduzen.com/avrupa-birlig ... 43503h.htm

There you go. Probably only be able to get one of those if you are a). Turkish b). Turkish Cypriot or c). A registered Citizen of Turkey/TRNC. In any case it still won't get you into UK!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”