13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Easy jet/ Whizz air larnaca not allowing north PCR test

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Fact.
Distressing news,
Easy jet and Whizz air at larnaca are NOT accepting PCR test from the north clinics.
All refused boarding.
Last night families told to get a Greek antigen test but the on site clinic was closed.
Told to go to a clinic 10kms away, missed the flight.
BOYCOTT EASY JET,WHIZZ AIR. HERE AND UK.

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Easy jet/ Whizz air larnaca not allowing north PCR test

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

jet2, TUI and BA seem to be the ones to use.
Shame I like Wizz.

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

Brend
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Brend »

Apparently Jet2 refused boarding to 16 people yesterday

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

I have been following this issue on other social media platforms.

It is a real mess which has got worse over the last few days.

Some people reporting their TRNC PCR test was accepted and others not. Initially reports were EasyJet refusing, then WizzAir and now Jet2. Seems to have worsened each day and is being enforced by their check in staff. Passengers have been emailing airlines and also BHC to ask for explanation. No real explanation and no help.

Currently not heard any reports of BA staff refusing.

Think we all know the reason why.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

The way I see it, with travelling being as stressful as it at the moment and now this added stress of the south not accepting pcr’s from the north, coming to North Cyprus via the south is now untenable.

I am currently looking at dates for Christmas and if I do go ahead and come, it will be via Ercan. It makes the travelling journey a bit longer and it is a split flight, but I cannot be done with the rigmarole I have just been through leaving the country again.

I can see more and more people choosing this option so therefore the south will end up losing out on money. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

Odd that two friends were on jet2 Wednesday night one for Manchester the other Newcastle and they sailed through no bother.
Turkey is not an option while they're classified as red.

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

ardstrawray
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ardstrawray »

Will be flying Jet2 in and out of Paphos, any problems there

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

It is now, and always has been, the airlines responsibility to ensure that passengers are not allowed to board unless the have the required documentation/vaccinations required by the country of destination. The airlines themselves do not set the requirements but if they fail to check and the country of destination refuses entry to a passenger due to lack of documentation/vaccination then the airlines can - and normally are - be fined and may even have to pay for the the return flight of the passengers who have been refused.

Boycotting airlines who are abiding by the destinations requirements is pointless - they can not change the requirements anyway.

Currently and mainly due to the pandemic, countries rules and requirements are in disarray and change with the wind and political motivation. To me the UK is a prime example of disarray or could anyone care to explain why a traveller from North Cyprus - for which the UK is a guarantor power and therefore knows it exists - can not freely travel on the vaccinations given in the TRNC, yet 1,000's of Afghans can be airlifted into the UK without any vaccination without problem.

Before you rant on at me about the state of emergency in Afghanistan and how I should be more tolerant, I fully agree with you. The Afghans need and deserve all the help they can get from any country and in particular those countries who have put them in this current position! I simply use Afghanistan as an example.

Travel with great care and do huge amounts of research before you do, best of luck to all traveller.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

ardstrawray
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ardstrawray »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Fri 20 Aug 2021 8:19 am
I have been following this issue on other social media platforms.

It is a real mess which has got worse over the last few days.

Some people reporting their TRNC PCR test was accepted and others not. Initially reports were EasyJet refusing, then WizzAir and now Jet2. Seems to have worsened each day and is being enforced by their check in staff. Passengers have been emailing airlines and also BHC to ask for explanation. No real explanation and no help.

Currently not heard any reports of BA staff refusing.

Think we all know the reason why.
What reasons are they

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

Like ardstrawray I do not know what the reasons are either ?

Maybe PoshinDevon can rescue us from this enigmatic lifeboat?

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

JUST POSTED ON GOV WEBSITE 20/8/21 16:55Returning to the UK
When you return, you must follow the rules for entering the UK.

You are responsible for organising your own COVID-19 test, in line with UK government testing requirements. The Cypriot government has advised that travellers should contact local authorities for information on testing facilities by calling 1450 or 1412.

The British High Commission is aware of issues that some passengers have had with airlines not accepting pre-departure COVID PCR test certificates from the north of Cyprus and is seeking clarification from the Republic of Cyprus. We advise all travellers with questions or concerns about pre-departure testing to seek advice directly from their airline well ahead of travel.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

waddo wrote:
Fri 20 Aug 2021 9:29 am
It is now, and always has been, the airlines responsibility to ensure that passengers are not allowed to board unless the have the required documentation/vaccinations required by the country of destination. The airlines themselves do not set the requirements but if they fail to check and the country of destination refuses entry to a passenger due to lack of documentation/vaccination then the airlines can - and normally are - be fined and may even have to pay for the the return flight of the passengers who have been refused.

Boycotting airlines who are abiding by the destinations requirements is pointless - they can not change the requirements anyway.

Currently and mainly due to the pandemic, countries rules and requirements are in disarray and change with the wind and political motivation. To me the UK is a prime example of disarray or could anyone care to explain why a traveller from North Cyprus - for which the UK is a guarantor power and therefore knows it exists - can not freely travel on the vaccinations given in the TRNC, yet 1,000's of Afghans can be airlifted into the UK without any vaccination without problem.

Before you rant on at me about the state of emergency in Afghanistan and how I should be more tolerant, I fully agree with you. The Afghans need and deserve all the help they can get from any country and in particular those countries who have put them in this current position! I simply use Afghanistan as an example.

Travel with great care and do huge amounts of research before you do, best of luck to all traveller.
Interesting read.

I fully understand that airlines have to ensure correct documentation etc or else they can be fined for letting people travel. That has always been the case.

However; in this instance the confusion appears to being caused by the airlines themselves and interpretation of the regulations by check in staff. Some passengers flying are arriving with a TRNC PCR test and being allowed to travel, For example BA. Earlier this week passengers flying with WizzAir and Jet2 were reporting no problems. EasyJet seemed to be the airline where passengers were being refused. Over the last couple of days passengers reported that WizzAir and Jet2 were also refusing passengers with a TRNC PCR test. BA continue to accept the test. Finally yesterday WizzAir refused 40 passengers boarding, however after some protestations by passengers they were then allowed to board the aircraft.

To me the main issue is one of inconsistency. If the U.K. regulations are being followed then all airlines should be accepting or refusing a TRNC PCR test. Secondly if the rules were being followed then WizzAir should have stood firm and not allowed 40 passengers with so called invalid tests to fly.

The airlines do not set the rules, they have to follow the rules and apply them fairly and without bias. It seems they were not doing this. Also when challenged on why they were refusing passengers to fly no reasonable explanation was forthcoming apart from tests in the TRNC were not acceptable. Neither the U.K. government on there website nor the BHC have said that TRNC PCR tests are not accepted for entry into the U.K. Therefore the question still stands as to why certain airlines are refusing to accept TRNC PCR tests whilst others accept.

It now appears that finally the BHC have stirred into action, thanks to many emails of complaint. They are now seeking clarification from the ROC government as to why certain airlines are not accepting TRNC PCR tests. Hopefully the explanation will clear things up one way or the other so passengers can travel without stress or worry.

With regards to vaccinations given in the TRNC, providing the vaccination is recognised and verified by the WHO then that is a positive. However; many countries all over the world, not only the U.K. are applying strict checks on the documentation proving that an individual has had the vaccine. Unfortunately it’s not about the vaccine you have had but the security and validity of the documentation proving this. Simply put the U.K. and many other countries do not trust the documentation being produced. Many forgeries and copies have been found. If the U.K. and other countries did not take every precaution and carry out relevant checks on vaccinated arrivals there would be a huge backlash. I understand this may seem unfair but the TRNC database for vaccinations is not linked to any U.K. systems. So for now countries are working on a solution but this will take time.

Finally Afghanistan- this is a humanitarian operation and given the situation in the country there is no way the U.K. is in a position to confirm those being flown out are vaccinated or not. The country is in chaos. However; on arrival in the U.K. these people are tested on arrival and all quarantined immediately. The priority as it should be, is to get them out.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”