General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Thank Your Turkcell Shop

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Having previously used a supermarket with a Turkcell counter, the person has not always been helpful.
Consequently when my phone encountered a problem I was reluctant to go in there, then I remembered the new Turkcell shop in Catalkoy near the old Tempo.
Very helpful staff who spent a long time getting to the route of the problem via computer and phone calls.
In the end, the problem was resolved phone now working, not sure the same degree of patience or even phoning would have been attempted by the supermarket counter, think as per normal the comment would be, take it to town or a shrug as on many occasions when I've been there.
I have topped up online, but a little worried about this sort of thing and prefer to use face to face.

New Turkcell shop will get my custom from now on :+1:)

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Thank Your Turkcell Shop

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I wonder if your Turkcell shop can solve my problem. I've had the same account with Turkcell for over 18 years and lived in the same house, etc and the reception has been extremely good, however for the last 5 months reception has been absolutely dreadful or for days on end non existent and people who do not have WhatsApp are complaining constantly that they cannot get in touch. I've spoken to two Turkcell outlets and both said, "we will try and speak to an engineer". That's the last I hear from them. I did think of moving my number to Telsim, but it might be a case out of the frying pan into the fire.

alsancak
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by alsancak »

I switched to telsim a couple of years ago and they have some favourable packages compared to turkcell and would not hesitate to recommend them. the shop in alsancak has excellent staff that will help you

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks for that Alsancak, but if you read my thread again, it appears that after all these years we now live in a poor reception area for Turkcell and there is no way of knowing (I don't think) whether Telsim will be any better. I understand it is possible to transfer phone numbers now?

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

benjaminbutton
It wouldnt hurt to go to the shop and ask their opinion before you start changing suppliers. It could be all the new building going up is interfering with reception, especcially if your in a low area and not up a bit higher.
I've been with Turkcell for 5 years now.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

poppy++1, I've been with Turkcell for 18 years and in any case I understand Turkcell is driven by a satellite, not the ISP's i.e. a tree can be in the way. There is a lot of new build I do agree so maybe that is the case i.e. overload. I have noticed that people in a nearby block of flats tend to be on their terrace to make calls but I gather it all depends on the nearest pylon (or whatever they are called)!! Will probably pay Telsim a call, and they'll probably tell me all will be perfect in my area, whether it is or not I'll not be able to tell until I swap over.

karakumc5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by karakumc5 »

Was in today sorted my international minutes package excellent service very helpful

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Thanks for that, I too suffered from incom petence in a supermarket, w ont have to now !

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

helendj, what ???????? Message 7 I think you totally misunderstand my query. ? BTW, I live quite high up, not in a low down area. Don't bother to reply, I'll sort out the problem myself, thanx,

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Do you not have visitors with mobile phones?

If you do, what is the phone signal reception like for them and what network are they using?

If you have a visitor with Turkcell networked phone and their reception is ok, there's your answer. If their phone reception is as poor as yours, there's your answer.

If you have a visitor with Telsim networked phone ... repeat as above.

It could, of course, be your phone.
libens volens potens

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Ah, there's the rub 1sysman. How can I find out if it is the phone. Have asked numerous people and they don't have a clue as how to check, even Turkcell themselves. When my other half has 3 bars up, I have one if lucky. If he has 2 bars, I have none which sometimes flickers on and off all day for days on end. Thank heaven for WhatsApp. If people phone me via Turkcell, most of the time they don't even get a ringing tone. I understand what you are saying re "process of elimination" though.

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

Wasn't this post originally about giving praise to a shop and it's staff??

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Seems to have wandered a bit , must be the heat. (8))

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

L P, you're absolutely correct but I sort of went off piste because I didn't get the same service at all (from three outlets) because retail people don't seem to have clue about the technicalities of the company they work for. That's all.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 02 Sep 2021 12:07 pm
poppy++1, I've been with Turkcell for 18 years and in any case I understand Turkcell is driven by a satellite, not the ISP's i.e. a tree can be in the way. There is a lot of new build I do agree so maybe that is the case i.e. overload. I have noticed that people in a nearby block of flats tend to be on their terrace to make calls but I gather it all depends on the nearest pylon (or whatever they are called)!! Will probably pay Telsim a call, and they'll probably tell me all will be perfect in my area, whether it is or not I'll not be able to tell until I swap over.
You don't have a satellite phone, so the portion of the network you are interested in is the local land based network and your signal will be affected by all geographic features like buildings and trees to a greater or lesser degree.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I wish you could say that to the Turkcell offices I've been in!!. When I've said that, the reply I get is always, "Turkcell comes by satellite, it is not like your wifi! I asked if an engineer could come and do a check but I just get a shrug or empty promise that someone would call, but they never do.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Mon 06 Sep 2021 8:56 am
I wish you could say that to the Turkcell offices I've been in!!. When I've said that, the reply I get is always, "Turkcell comes by satellite, it is not like your wifi! I asked if an engineer could come and do a check but I just get a shrug or empty promise that someone would call, but they never do.
it's obvious that they know less about mobile telecomms than just about everybody else. The system works by your phone connecting to a series of masts that track your signal. It is not satellite based. If your phone has a weak signal when other models have good connections your handset has issues.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

What a saga this has turned out to be. I've been into shops that sell Redmi, but to be honest, the people are what they are paid to do, i.e. sell - cell phones, and know little or nothing about the inner workings of the phones they sell. In all other circumstances, the phone is absolutely great both as a phone and a mini PC/ laptop. Someone did suggest that maybe I had simply over loaded it and should uninstall some Apps but I don't feel I have more than anyone else. Thanks anyway.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”