General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ada pass new rules help

•   Message 51 of 84 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Chris, In all the years here I have never carried my passport unless I was going to somewhere that specifically required it. All other places, including Government buildings were happy to take my TRNC driving license as proof of identity.
Having just applied to renew residency again and had - once more - to provide a passport sized photo, I begin to wonder why that photo is not incorporated into the “Stay Pass” thereby proving residency AND identity? It would even have been simple to download a photo into AdaPass and had that incorporated.
Maybe, in the future, the Gov here will figure out that temporary residents have no visible identity and produce a single plastic document to cover all requirements - they already have a Kimlik so the idea is there, they could even call it the same thing but have a different color - white might do the trick - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 52 of 84 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Hector wrote:
Mon 06 Sep 2021 11:53 am
Travelling from UK via Larnaca this week. What a stressful experience worrying about having the right paperwork!
Haven't been in NC for almost 2 years, over 65 and don't have residency. Have NHS vaccination certificates.
Do we also need to have the ADA pass to cross into NC?
Anyone successfully completed the process coming from the UK?
We are travelling tomorrow via Istanbul to Ercan.
Requirements are proof of NHS vaccination, PCR test < 72 hrs before travel. Plus of course attempting to complete the Adapass for tourists/passengers. The pass is essentially a form giving your address in TRNC and contact details plus also you are supposed to upload your proof of vaccination and PCR test results. The uploading of documents is being reported as troublesome. However providing you have all the correct documents available completion of the Adapass for tourists is not mandatory until 13 Sept.

For those arriving via Larnaca you need to complete the ROC pre flight information plus also complete Adapass for TRNC if you can. If not just ensure you have the correct paperwork available.

It’s a lot of faffing around, not to mention could be a little stressful for some. It certainly will not encourage holidaymakers to return quickly.

The purpose of the Adapass is to prove vaccination and may be asked for if you want to enter certain businesses, shops, restaurants etc so having it is an advantage. However; it is only a piece of paper and has already been discussed without a photo id or id proving who you are it only shows that someone with the name “Fred Bloggs” had been vaccinated.

A few hoops to go thro but it will be worth it! 😊
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 84 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Should you wish to enter shops in the RoC then you will need to provide proof (Photographic) of who you are as well - in most but not all cases! That is normal for those who live in the TRNC but those who live in the RoC and have a Safe Pass generally don't need it. I have noticed that some RoC dwellers have also been asked for proof as well so I guess it is down to the training of the "Security" staff in all cases.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

karakumc5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 84 in Discussion

Post by karakumc5 »

Me and my wife arrived 9 days ago and are staying another 19 days.
Do we need an Ada pass or can we use our NHS vaccination certificates along with our passports

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 55 of 84 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

adapass.... , pcr tests result need to be uploaded as well.... great. and printed as well..
often you get your tests result the day before you depart.... sometimes very late... and flight might be quite early in the morning...

so, keeps you "busy and excited" until the last moment.... great.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 56 of 84 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

system does not accept tel numbers more then country code + 10 digits.

system does not accept "letters", as eg, part of all german passports, as "passport number", which is a desaster.

with a laptop, on which all documents have been stored for all "other purposes" as well, it is impossible to upload documents.
eg as pdf or pic. only "webcam" option available.

there are other smaller or greater bugs which will lead to confusion and make travel impossible (because we can not fill in the forms properly)

karakumc5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 84 in Discussion

Post by karakumc5 »

Have been using my NHS vaccination certificate today so far no problems been waved through at door by checker.
We did a big shop yesterday wasn't sure if they would accept them so not going to die of hunger just won't have to shop for a while.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 84 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Went for coffee and cake this am and was asked to show card. However he didn't have a checker and doesn't know whether he's going to have to pay for one or not, so just registering people on his smart phone, just in case anyone walks in and checks on him.

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

I managed to do my Ada pass ok saved it sent to my phone printed it. Logged back on to do my husbands and it just shows mine again and cant get rid of it from that screen keeps saying your pass has been done so logged off computer. switched on next day but still the same ? Any suggestions
please
C

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 84 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Click on "get code again" and then on "get adapass code" and you will then be able to input your husbands details.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 84 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Thu 02 Sep 2021 8:01 pm
frontalman wrote:
Thu 02 Sep 2021 5:58 pm
If you are unvaccinated and have had covid, you get a 180 day pass on your phone via an NHS app with a QR code. Does anyone know if that is acceptable for entry into the TRNC, as it would mean you have the same protection, I assume. I am inquiring for a friend.
The NHS Covid pass is valid for 30 days, it refreshes every time you log in for a further 30 days.
Thanks for that, I'll pass it on.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Does anyone know if when they scan it ('if' they do) does it link to your passport and show your photo? As many have said if not what is the point of them?

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Chriswright03
Thank you once again for your help !
I would be lost without this site and its helpful members these days !
C

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Without this pass does it mean I can't food shop

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

In some places quite possibly. Some places will no doubt carry on as they always do, that is ignoring the rules.

morpar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 66 of 84 in Discussion

Post by morpar »

I have filled in the adapass form for entering the country ,but have entered a wrong date on the form .I have tried various ways to delete the date but nothing works even shutting down computer and logging in again .Any help would be appreciated .

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 67 of 84 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Tue 07 Sep 2021 3:33 pm
Does anyone know if when they scan it ('if' they do) does it link to your passport and show your photo? As many have said if not what is the point of them?
No it doesn't show your passport, it only tells them your pass is OK.
Nowhere has asked to look at ours.
The establishment has to apply to the government and download the scanner to a smart phone.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 68 of 84 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

It does have your passport number when you first apply

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 69 of 84 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

filling in ada pass form. travelling to from uk to larnaca so when it asks what country are you travelling in from i presume its cyprus i enter and not uk?

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 70 of 84 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

It says countries visited in the last 10 days so put in uk as well You don't want to be like the uk based argentinian players for the Brazil Argentina

snail921
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 71 of 84 in Discussion

Post by snail921 »

just completed ours for travel via larnaca on 16/09. Travelling "from" I put UK but when I put cyprus in the "visited" slot it flagged up an automatic 5 day quarantine. Did it again and left it at TRNC and it seemed quite happy. Had to complete it on a phone, wouldn't allow me to use a computer. Wouldn't allow me to upload documents so will be taking paper. Having finished was told to print it out. Why it had to be done on the phone, I've no idea.
Can't wait for the 16th
Brian.

john250
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 72 of 84 in Discussion

Post by john250 »

Hi Brian

encountered same problem with 5 day quarantine quoted
when you did it again and left it as TRNC...you didnt state cyprus you had visited but just that you travelled from uk..is that right?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 73 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

13roman58 wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 12:25 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
No it doesn't show your passport, it only tells them your pass is OK.
Nowhere has asked to look at ours.
The establishment has to apply to the government and download the scanner to a smart phone.
Thanks for that most useful. So in fact it doesn't actually tell the person looking at it whether it is yours or not. So open to abuse then and I a#have little doubt it will be abused.

snail921
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 74 of 84 in Discussion

Post by snail921 »

you didnt state cyprus you had visited but just that you travelled from uk..is that right?

yes, personally I don't class a short taxi ride as a visit but, if they question it at the border then we can sort it there and then so nothing is lost. If all else fails, I’ll just shrug and do the gormless foreigner bit.
Brian

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 75 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

snail921 wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 2:48 pm
just completed ours for travel via larnaca on 16/09. Travelling "from" I put UK but when I put cyprus in the "visited" slot it flagged up an automatic 5 day quarantine. Did it again and left it at TRNC and it seemed quite happy. Had to complete it on a phone, wouldn't allow me to use a computer. Wouldn't allow me to upload documents so will be taking paper. Having finished was told to print it out. Why it had to be done on the phone, I've no idea.
Can't wait for the 16th
Brian.
Not coming out for another 3 weeks but I can't print out from my phone, wouldn't even know where to start!

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 76 of 84 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Hammerhead wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 6:32 am
If you aren't vaccinated then you can't not unless you have a PCR or Antigen test every 72 hrs, nor can you go to a bank, a restaurant, coffee shop etc. Weird really as during lockdown supermarkets were an essential service now apparently they aren't.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 77 of 84 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

forestpixie wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 8:21 pm
Hammerhead wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 6:32 am
If you aren't vaccinated then you can't not unless you have a PCR or Antigen test every 72 hrs, nor can you go to a bank, a restaurant, coffee shop etc. Weird really as during lockdown supermarkets were an essential service now apparently they aren't.
Not strictly true. Some supermarkets are asking for Adapass or some sort of proof of vaccination, some are asking shoppers to sign in and give contact number etc, some may have a sign in book but people are walking in and ignoring it. Many smaller shops have no checks.

Been to a restaurant this evening. Sign in book, temp sensor and hand sanitizer on a table. No one signed in, no one had a temp check. The sanitizer was being used.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 78 of 84 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

forestpixie, I've been into three supermarkets in two days and haven't been asked to produce any evidence at all. In one of them the hand wash had run out and in the other two there was no pen to write in the book. Obviously standards differ from store to store. Have to go into two banks today, so will see what happens there.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 79 of 84 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Oh well I'll see what happens when i return.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 80 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Just to put this to bed once and for all. I was in Sah today and some were showing their ADA pases yet others were just logging in with their phone numbers as per the old system. When the girl checked my ADA pass I asked what she was seeing and she showed me. Basically what you would see if you scanned your own but it is a confirmation from the Government site which in theory shows it is genuine but as it shows no photo id it does not confirm that you are the rightful owner of the pass.

When I asked the question on the BRS Facebook group one of the replies was:-
The system will develop and is linked to your official ID. There is also an element of trust that people will use the pass in the manner it was intended. There always those that might abuse the system like those that choose to drink and drive, drive without insurance and car tax, do not pay their property tax, water bills and electric but I would like to think that the majority of people abide. Choice is yours on what side you are on but trust and support is what we can all demonstrate
Talk of trust and the majority people abiding is all very well but we all know that it only takes a minority to throw a spanner in the works. There is nothing to stop them being copied and used by others and there lies the problem because they will be.

karakumc5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 81 of 84 in Discussion

Post by karakumc5 »

Just been to state hospital girne to get our Ada passes after long wait were told tourists are not allowed Ada passes we have to use our UK NHS certificates for entry to premises
Ada passes are only for Citizens and those with residencecy in the Trnc tourists should not be using Ada passes

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 82 of 84 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

OOOOOOps. the instructions are going from bad to worse confusion wise aren't they. Its not just the people who are ignoring the rules if they choose to, BUT the establishments you go into. Coffee at Peanuts NOTHING, ZILCH, etc. A brand new Supermarket that I genuinely thought would go by the rules NOTHING, ZILCH etc. However, an English run establishment i.e. Best Sellers, EVERY CHECK made. In other words, they are a foreign run business and can't afford not to go by the book. BTW, no checks at all in the Land Registry, just wander in and out as you wish.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 83 of 84 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

karakumc5 wrote:
Thu 09 Sep 2021 11:11 am
Just been to state hospital girne to get our Ada passes after long wait were told tourists are not allowed Ada passes we have to use our UK NHS certificates for entry to premises
Ada passes are only for Citizens and those with residencecy in the Trnc tourists should not be using Ada passes
But I thought the whole point of the new requirements were that tourists HAD to register on the Adapass system before entry (:Q)

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 84 of 84 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Mowgli597 wrote:
Thu 09 Sep 2021 2:37 pm
karakumc5 wrote:
Thu 09 Sep 2021 11:11 am
But I thought the whole point of the new requirements were that tourists HAD to register on the Adapass system before entry (:Q)
Arrived Tuesday night. Whilst we had all documents printed out and on phone we did manage to get the Adapass after a bit of trial and error. Not mandatory until 13th Sept supposedly.

On arrival at Ercan, two queues. One for those with just documents and another for those with Adapass. Adapass queue much shorter. However Adapass and all documents were checked before being allowed through. Those with documents on phones were struggling to find them and the person check was struggling to read on such a small screen.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”