General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

scarlets
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Our experience travelling to Larnaca Sat 4th Sept

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by scarlets »

Booked rapid PCR test at Heathrow walk in center and received response 2 hours later. Booked in to a Premier Inn the night before flight for £31 as it was a 7.30am take off with BA. There is a lovely pub a short walk down the road that's got good beer and excellent food. We checked our luggage in the night before and it was easy although they checked every digit on every form but all was easy and BA staff helpful

Arrived at Terminal 5 early walked straight through with the hand luggage and straight into Spoons for Brekkie before the check in desks upstairs had really started. Boarded plane early and although flight was fairly full all was good and the drinks were served on the plane by ordering using the BA app only, no drinks trolley only app. . WIFI on the plane was free and worked well to order. Payment was taken by the stewards using card payment machine only.

The queue at Larnaca was reasonable and we were through in about 15 minutes without any issue whatsoever, even though when my wife stood in front of the machine for her photo to be taken she still had her mask on but they didn't pay any attention to the picture

At the traffic lights on the last turn to the Metahan crossing we were met by one long queue of traffic and took us almost 90 minutes to reach the border. Then followed the shambles of cars and vans parked everywhere and our passport changed hands several times before getting to the girl doing the Antigen testing. Only one girl testing everyone, the queue was long and was very hot. I watched her with the may strips on the desk and she had no idea of which one related to who. I was tested and then my wife and 5 minutes after she was done we were handed the passports and said all was OK, I wasn't convinced but took advantage and left

Overall is was a good experience clouded by the disorganized shambles at the crossing, nevertheless, here we are and all is OK

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Our experience travelling to Larnaca Sat 4th Sept

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

I am pleased to hear of you successful journey from LHR via LCA to the North. Did you use your North destination address on your Cyprus Flight Pass?

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Thanks for that in June larnaca was a pain herded like cattle for an hour in the non eu bit before immigration we were on the same time BA flight as you
Dis you go through the eu side

scarlets
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by scarlets »

We used our North Cyprus address on the Cyprus pass, they gave it no attention whatsoever and in fairness

We walked towards the Non EU queue but the staff told us to use the EU side, I did double check but no issue whatever and the machine took my photo first time and it was fairly quick

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

All sounds promising scarlets. Planning on coming out shortly but have to wait for a funeral date so by the time that turns up i've no doubt something will have changed.

jameslevel7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jameslevel7 »

scarlets wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 4:57 am
We used our North Cyprus address on the Cyprus pass, they gave it no attention whatsoever and in fairness

We walked towards the Non EU queue but the staff told us to use the EU side, I did double check but no issue whatever and the machine took my photo first time and it was fairly quick
Thanks for that Scarlets. Most encouraging.Enjoy your stay.

James

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Sadly I could not get the BA app to work on my flight and they wouldn't give me a cup of coffee. My phone would not connect to the wifi and no allowances were made for old fashioned verbal requests!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Panchocat, could you not persuade someone to ask for a second cup of coffee and then buy it off them. Once upon a time, face to face worked wonders, but not any more it would seem.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”