General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

quality25
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Boarder crossing North

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by quality25 »

Im coming to Larnaca on 9th October from UK. I understand I need a Cyprus Flight Pass before leaving UK to pass througn Larnaca..
Is there anything else needed to cross the boarder to the North as we are staying in the North.
Thanks

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Boarder crossing North

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

PCR test read the ADa pass thread so you need a Cyprus pass for RoC entry and ADA pass for the north Two countries two passes and requirements

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Safe pass as well as the safe pass app on phones is accepted in the North at all banks, supermarkets etc as are all proofs of vaccination.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

quality25 wrote:
Wed 08 Sep 2021 8:43 pm
Im coming to Larnaca on 9th October from UK. I understand I need a Cyprus Flight Pass before leaving UK to pass througn Larnaca..
Is there anything else needed to cross the boarder to the North as we are staying in the North.
Thanks
You need a Negative PCR test. You cannot enter on an Negative Antigen Test unless you have been in RoC for over 10 days..
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Soner, Does that rule of PCR test only apply if you have arrived in Cyprus via the RoC? Or, if I go South for some shopping will I then need a PCR test to get back into the North as well?

Going for antigen test today anyway so I can go into the South tomorrow - all this hassle for a McDonalds makes me wonder if it is worth it really - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

waddo wrote:
Mon 13 Sep 2021 8:25 am
Soner, Does that rule of PCR test only apply if you have arrived in Cyprus via the RoC? Or, if I go South for some shopping will I then need a PCR test to get back into the North as well?

Going for antigen test today anyway so I can go into the South tomorrow - all this hassle for a McDonalds makes me wonder if it is worth it really - lol.
It applies to new arrivals via the RoC. Those already on island, then Neg Antigen Test is sufficient. Noticed that if you have a AdaPass and Double Vaccinated, then North do not ask for Negative Antigen Test.
Mine's a Big Mac please. It's worth it and you know it. (8)) !
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks, thought that would be the case but always love a second opinion! Booked test online yesterday (Free) at Near East (Dr Suat) because the web site said open 24/7, found out this morning at 07:30 that antigen tests open 08:00 (ish) - 14:00. At that time only about 40 in a gaggle waiting! Hung around till 08:05 by which time the gaggle had turned into a crowd, all maintains the 2CM social distancing! Gave up and went home. Went back again at 11:00 and found the crowd had now turned into a herd of four separate lines stretching around the building and out of sight! Went to Red Ribbon for coffee to discuss new strategy!

Wife logged back into web site to see if we could cancel - no option available, big mistake from web designers that is! But, found that local chemist was doing paid antigen tests only (40TL) so went there to enquire if we could cancel FREE one and book paid one with them. Chemist did his thing on the computer, we paid and had the test. Now awaiting result before making plans for tomorrow.

If test NEG then because of 55800 pupils and teachers on the roads in the morning, we will leave here at the crack of sparrows and head to Metahan. Once there we will ask the question about getting back into the North again, because our residency is stuck in the computerised system at immigration - lol.

One step forward etc, etc.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

No-one seemed to believe me when I said last week that Dr Suat hospital was an absolute mad house. I hope the car park has eased a bit tomorrow as I have an appointment with a consultant at 4.15pm

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

BJB, did not even bother to try the car parks. Just parked in the end of Metropol, as close as I could get and walked in from there. It is a lot easier to get in and out as well, from the Metropol entrance that is. With the sudden increase in road traffic due to schools returning leave yourself a good buffer of time to get to your appointment, the traffic is madness just now with lots of mothers not having driven much for the past 18 months - lol.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks Waddo, forgotten about Metropole car park and I go past the thing every time I visit hospital!!. Will make sure other half takes his stick though.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Went South this morning - 25 minute wait in traffic to get from North side to South side - at North Side I explained my residency had expired on the 3rd of Sep and that it was at immigration awaiting their action, could I cross to the South and would I be allowed back into the North on my return? Was told no problem at all. Easy traffic coming back South to North, handed in paperwork at North Side and was told my residency had expired! Explained what was happening with residency and that I was told there would be no problem on returning from the South. New Lady doing the checking was unsure what to do so told to wait while the boss arrived. Duly stood to one side till the boss got there and he went into the booth to check things out. A couple of minutes later he came out and asked which prison we would prefer to go to - with a laugh! He told me they had given us 30 days permit to stay which should allow our residency to go through but that if not to go to the Police in Girne and explain to get further permission. He fully understands the problem with the immigration dept and that everything is backed up and slow at the moment. I asked about going South again and he told me to be careful as on my return they may not give me a further 30 days and that it may only be 5 or 10 days but it was up to me if I wanted to try. Nothing stamped in the passport and if he had not told me how many days we had been given I would never know till I went South again but apart from that he could not have been more helpful. Sorry Soner but Big Mac's not available at that time of the day, only the breakfast menu!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”