General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Selling my car to a Swallow

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I jumped through all the hoops about 10 years ago and I'm sure it has all changed since then but next week I shall be doing it again. can anyone let me know, in order:-

1. Where do we go (we all live in Alsancak) and does everyone have to attend i.e. the two people who's name is on the original Log Book and the two people purchasing the car. Plus who pays what to whom and any Passports required.?

2. Assuming the new owners can now insure the car, what comes next. e.g. Emission test or MOT. I understand the Emission Test centres have been culled to just a few? Any centre Alsancak/Lapta area?

Any other information that I haven't thought to ask, would be much appreciated. Thankx.

alsancak
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Selling my car to a Swallow

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by alsancak »

If the car has a current MOT then that will still be valid until it is due to be renewed as per the government dates
If you need an emission test in Alsancak the garage just past saint tropez restaurant going towards Girne does this 50tl

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks alsancak. Now I need to know, who goes to the office in Girne and how much does it cost to first get the Log Book changed. Nothing can be done until the log book is in their name, not mine i.e. Insurance.

alsancak
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by alsancak »

the logbook change fee is based on the age of the car and you used to be able to transfer the insurance with the insurance company for a fee and i believe that both parties need to attend the tax office for the transfer
you will also need muchtar letters

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Both parties need to attend the Tax Office in Girne unless one party has authorised a POA to act on their behalf.
You will need the car documents, copies of all passports/kimliks, muhtar’s letter for buyers to show their address, 22 tl for a stamp. The transfer fee is paid by the buyers I think it was 700 tl in our case.
The tax office will want to confirm that the money is handed over so this needs to be done in front of them.
If you give the buyers a copy of the registration document beforehand they can arrange insurance from that day or you could supply their details to your company if you are transferring your insurance to them.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

If the car is in joint names then both of you need to be there as well. Our deal was done before we went to the tax office and we didn't need to show the money there.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

If anyone is going through the Log Book exchange procedure, just to let you know that we four turned up in plenty of time this morning, only to be told that the Department will not be open now until 1pm. Security say that she didn't think four people would be allowed so not sure how its going to turn this afternoon!!!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

All done and dusted but because of hiccups by the Tax Office yesterday it was much more of a hassle than it needed to have been.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”