General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ada Pass and Lemar

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Over the last couple of days, I have been to Lemar on three occasions. The following was observed.

!. A colored Gentleman pointed at his arm and made a gesture of making an injection. Let in !!!!

2. A family on holiday 2 Adults and three teenagers, No pass or paperwork, but the main things all allowed in with No Masks !!!!

3. Last night, again another colored Student, I've left it at home. The Lemar Girl said Oh! bring it next time.

I give up......

karakumc5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ada Pass and Lemar

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by karakumc5 »

Was in lemar last week in Karakum guy in front of me put his hand under temperature machine. The machine started loudly temperature irregular over and over. Security guy looked bored and guy checking ignored completely.
Body swerved and decided to go elsewhere don't know if he had covid but wasn't taking any chances

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Went to 2 different Lemars on Sunday no checks at either.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Same at Erdiners yesterday, at the door the guy checked mine, a guy was going through his phone trying to find his, a guy walked in without a mask, the guy asked him for his ada pass, he shrugged his shoulders, he waved him through, yes I did have words with him!

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Does the colour of someone's skin make a difference then?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

The problem with Adapass is that it proves nothing except that the person who has the card has possibly been vaccinated. The pass itself sadly is not that secure as it shows a name etc but no picture. I am sure this may sound controversial but it is just a bit of paper.

It does not prove the person is or is not carrying the virus and therefore capable of passing it on.

The only real way to beat the virus is to take personal responsibility. Get the vaccination, regularly sanitise hands, maintain social distancing in more crowded places and wear a face mask.

Yes we do have the Adapass and having been here two weeks have only been asked twice to produce it. In Erulku and Erdiner supermarkets. Checks were very cursory.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

JoandJelly wrote:
Tue 21 Sep 2021 11:02 am
Does the colour of someone's skin make a difference then?

No, but does to Lewis Hamilton....

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by faro »

We were in two banks yesterday both scanned our adapass. Then called into two well known supermarkets. One just a cursory glance at the adapass. The other one no checks at all. B.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

It’s probably a mixture of apathy to the fact that it has all gone on too long and the constantly changing rules and that a lot of businesses are on their knees after the covid restrictions and will avoid the restrictions rather than turning away much needed custom.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

I just wonder how many shops can afford to have someone on duty to 'read'/scan the AdaPass when it will probably lead to a long queue of people waiting to do their shopping! Been in many venues lately and not one has asked for AdaPass. Vaccinations may stop you getting the virus badly but does not stop you having it and transmitting it to other people.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

An addition to the above. Went into Lemar, no checks whatsover, no handwash, nobody bothering. BUT amongst the staff and any customer who felt inclined, their smart phones were being passed around and they were signing a local petition, i.e FREEDOM from masks. Pays your money and takes you choice. Go to Sha and they do everything, go to Lemar and apart of masks they do nothing.

BTW, have only shown my ADA pass twice in three weeks.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”