General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sparky1999
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Bogaz sites

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sparky1999 »

I was considering viewing some properties in Bogaz at the Hillside and Seaview sites but found on this forum some very poor reviews of the state of management and general upkeep, these posts are 6\7 years old however, to save me a wasted journey, does anyone know the current situation there.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Bogaz sites

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I can't answer your specific question but I would be looking into the title deed situation on those sites, i.e. has anyone received them?

Confused
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Confused »

Seaview definitely not got deeds and pretty sure Hilltop is the same (after many many years). Both site pretty run down considering the high fees.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

We looked at these sites a little while ago, extortionate site fees, poor management and was told they wold not get any deeds until the derelict hotel is completed, which l seriously think will never happen. Some of the buildings were in awful state of repair and big problems with the water supplies. They're were lots of very cheap apartments available but decided after talking to a few residents around the complexes we would walk away. In the end we purchased on the East Coast of the island which we felt had a lot more to offer, this is only my opinion and l'm sure others may differ. You need to go there and have a REALLY good walk around and be very careful where you get some legal advice from as some Estate Agents won't tell you the full truthful story.

sparky1999
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sparky1999 »

Thanks very much for the info and advice , pretty much confirms my suspicions

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Pay the extra and buy in caesar resort long beach .first phase has deeds .

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

In fairness to the above comments I will post my experience as an apartment owner at Hilltop, as well as a non complex villa in Lapta.
Recently the standard of maintainence at Hilltop has been poor, the standard has improved markedly over the past month with all pools operational and the gardens and general condition much better than at the height of the pandemic. It's accurate that the annual site fees are high compared to others in the area.
In relation to the deeds a recent court case raised by a group of owners resulted in the development company instructed to complete the process with a set time limit, therefore light can be seen at the end of a long tunnel. The hotel referred too is on a separate parcel of land, therefore does not impinge on either mentioned developments.
I hope this gives some balence to the comments above.

sparky1999
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sparky1999 »

Thanks for that first hand account , sounds like things may be improving , i think the advice to go and have a good hard look is the way to go.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Sparky1999 absolutely right, depends what you want from it, when you consider how much a pool, gardener etc cost annually, how often you using it, do you want to be in a communal environment?
I will say HT is a very friendly site, has a great restaurant/bar that under normal circumstances puts entertainment on a few time a week, is it for you. Have a look.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Have got to say Hilltop Resturant serves the best fillet steak on the island as far as many of us are concerned

toaodave
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by toaodave »

Have you looked on Sunrise Beach Club? There's a few up up for sale direct direct from owner which seem very reasonable. It is very well maintained, although as its Medview the fees are expensive but location is good and its gated & staffed 24 hours a day.

Ceasers and Four Seasons next door have restaurant's and a beach bar plus Hilltop only just up the road

sparky1999
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sparky1999 »

No . haven't come across that one ,but i will have a look ,thanks. What are the fees on these sites ?

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

Hi. I have sent you a private message. [email protected]

toaodave
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by toaodave »

I think the fees for my 2 Bedroom apartment are around £1300 a year

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Caesar resort in iskele long beach is £620 for a 1 bed but comparing the facilities to hilltop is like chalk and cheese.

I have a 1 bed I might sell im also renting it daily for 300 tl.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Reyntj, as you say Chalk and cheese, Caesar Long Beach is a series of highrise apartment blocks, the facilities when I visited were well kept however, as you say they are 2 totally different styles of housing and not really comparable.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”