General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Vestel 150 tl call out fee

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

I bought 3 new vestel Aircon units from vestel magusa. I bought them about 2 months ago for a house I am renovating. I switched them on for the first time and one of them is dripping water Inside the house too much everywhere. I went the shop and they gave me a number to call. I called the lady promised me a call back the sane day. Nobody called so I called again they said they would send service. Then somebody y called and said they would send someone but they wanted a 150tl call out fee....??? For a brand new Aircon unit. I refused.
Last edited by Reyntj on Fri 01 Oct 2021 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Vestel disgrace

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Haven't you still got the receipt for when you bought it. Haven't bought much from Vestel but when I did, they honoured the guarantee. Most companies in my experience have three years on the internal and two years on the external. We paid not a bean.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Of course I have These units are brand new.
Last edited by Reyntj on Fri 01 Oct 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Before I moderate or delete this thread as you are not a Verified member, may I just ask the following;

You say that this AC was installed 2 month ago, to a house that was being renovated. Did you check that works outside the house did not affect the newly install AC unit? This happened once to me where water was coming inside the house through an AC unit, only to find out that workmen that poured concrete outside my property, had actually covered the outlet pipe that falls to the ground. The waste water could go no where but back up and through the internal unit.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Sorry Soner don't know if I'm a verified member or what?
Anyway I had a Vestel cooker that went wrong and the company took it away and kept it for FIVE months before they returned it repaired. I spoke to the company explaining my dissatisfaction and told them that should any other product of theirs go wrong (and we purchased every white goods etc from them when we moved in) they would be replaced with other makers' products. I don't make complaints as a rule, but in all honesty Soner if members have a genuine, and not malicious complaint, against any company they should be allowed to let Kibkom members know, so that they can make an informed decision on what companies to use. I do, however, appreciate that you need to know that complaints are genuine and not used to just slag off a company if you have a personal gripe against them.
Having said all that Soner, if you wish to remove my post I will not take any offence, lol
regards

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

helendj wrote:
Fri 01 Oct 2021 7:27 am
Anyway I had a Vestel cooker that went wrong and the company took it away and kept it for FIVE months before they returned it repaired. I spoke to the company explaining my dissatisfaction and told them that should any other product of theirs go wrong (and we purchased every white goods etc from them when we moved in) they would be replaced with other makers' products. I don't make complaints as a rule, but in all honesty Soner if members have a genuine, and not malicious complaint, against any company they should be allowed to let Kibkom members know, so that they can make an informed decision on what companies to use. I do, however, appreciate that you need to know that complaints are genuine and not used to just slag off a company if you have a personal gripe against them.
Having said all that Soner, if you wish to remove my post I will not take any offence, lol
regards
Totally agree. If we are allowed to recommend businesses we should also be allowed to criticised them. Should not need to have our names visible to all and sundry to enable this.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

The problem usually occurs when the outside unit is too high in relation to the inside part. The water should flow outside by gravity... When my new units were fitted the installer used a bottle of water and poured it into the inside unit to make sure the water flowed out.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Brazen wrote:
Fri 01 Oct 2021 8:01 am
helendj wrote:
regards
Totally agree. If we are allowed to recommend businesses we should also be allowed to criticised them. Should not need to have our names visible to all and sundry to enable this.
Whilst I agree with your sentiments about recommending or criticising businesses, I don’t agree that this should be done behind a “username”.

The verified member status is a form of protection for the forum, whereby the verified member takes full full responsibility for their posts. If the company/business disagrees or is not happy with comments made then they can take action against this forum. However; a verified member has effectively agreed that they are responsible for the post.

There are a number of Kibkom users who have agreed to have “verified member” against their name.

Don’t want to take this post off topic but hopefully it gives an explanation as to why things may not be as easy as they seem.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Brazen wrote:
Fri 01 Oct 2021 8:01 am
helendj wrote:

Should not need to have our names visible to all and sundry to enable this.
IRT verified member accounts, read here please… viewtopic.php?f=8&t=54071
libens volens potens

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

They agreed to not charge me the call out fee...
Then they came and they hadn't fitted the Aircon correctly they repositioned the pipe from the Aircon so it was was sloping downwards....

Then they asked me for a 150 tl call out fee......again...

I refused

They called someone and spoke for a while then left...

Apparently it's company policy to charge a 150 tl call out fee .

I have edited my posts to the facts. I'm happy with the aircons but not the call out fee policy which they waived...
Last edited by Reyntj on Fri 01 Oct 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

All I'm posting is that vestel have a 150 tl call out fee regardless of warranty etc . That's a fact because they told me lots of times. I refused to pay it for a brand new aicon unit that had not been installed correctly. If someone from vestel wants to confirm this isn't true I suggest they do so.

P.s. no one had poured concrete or damaged the AC. It hadn't been installed correctly and they fixed it . My grioe was with the 150 tl call out fee whilst not a great deal of money it was the principle of the matter. A principle I believe they should change and kibk9m members should be aware of.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Reyntj wrote:
Fri 01 Oct 2021 1:11 pm
All I'm posting is that vestel have a 150 tl call out fee regardless of warranty etc . That's a fact because they told me lots of times. I refused to pay it for a brand new aicon unit that had not been installed correctly. If someone from vestel wants to confirm this isn't true I suggest they do so.

P.s. no one had poured concrete or damaged the AC. It hadn't been installed correctly and they fixed it . My grioe was with the 150 tl call out fee whilst not a great deal of money it was the principle of the matter. A principle I believe they should change and kibk9m members should be aware of.
:+1:)
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

gungadin-cy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Vestel 150 tl call out fee

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by gungadin-cy »

Probably the moral of this tale is don't buy Vestal if they have such lousy customer service. At the other end of the scale I always but always buy Miele vacuum cleaners. Mine went wrong and I took it back to the 'Miele agent' I bought it from, not interested. I phoned Miele in German who indicated that they didn't have any official agents in the TRNC but if I took the cleaner to their agent in South Nicosia he would look at it for me which he did and fixed it no charge. Makes you wonder donnit.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Vestel 150 tl call out fee

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Id like to say that was then end of the story. Over1 month ago when it began to get a bit colder we found that one if the units would not heat. So we calked out vestel they came after 2 weeks again they said they wanted 150 tl . When they came they said it was broken and needed a new card 7to10 days....this is a Brand new Aircon and was the first time we had tried to use it....not heard anything since so went to the shop I bought it in fanagusta and they just said it would be 4-6 weeks .....they where not very pleasant to deal with I told them I wanted a new Aircon now as this was the first time I had used it they said it was nothing to do with them and they new nothing about it .

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”