General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Travel from the UK to Ercan?

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi, I have someone coming over next Thursday via Istanbul and Ercan. I have been told they no longer need a PCR test from the UK if you have been fully vaccinated, even vaccinated here, is that 100 percent true please?

Please no guesses, or I have heard, has anyone very recently travelled over without a PCR test, I would die if they arrived at Manchester airport and was refused to get on the plane. thank you in anticipation.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Travel from the UK to Ercan?

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

This is the link to the official Notam. UK is an orange country, click on link and download the file and check section iii
These are issued weekly, this one is valid until 17th October.

http://bub.gov.ct.tr/DA%C4%B0RE-VE-KURU ... ILIK-NOTAM

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thank you, I appreciate he link, but when I try an open it it says its not secure?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thanks Poshin Devon, I dont do facebook, am I being a pain?

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

From the 11th you can travel into Ercan without a PCR if Vaxxed from the UK (orange) but you are subject to random testing at the airport upon arrival.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Screenshot of the relevant information, as techtrader confirmed
IMG_20211013_163824.png

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

It's all here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=54435

Coming to TRNC from UK
UK Country status: AMBER Categorisation of countries can change at short notice, check the status of UK on TRNC Gov website before travelling: https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES
These rules come into effect from 6th Sept 2021.
Advice: Have a hardcopy of all documents before you travel

- Double Vaccinated:
From 11/10/2021 onwards people coming to the country will be able to enter the country without submitting a negative PCR test from the last 72 hours. However, PCR/Antigen tests will be performed on these people upon entry to the country. Children aged 6 to 17 entering the TRNC with vaccinated parents, only need to meet Negative PCR test result. Children 6 years and under can enter with their parents, no restrictions, no tests needed.
TRNC Entry AdaPass passenger form: https://adapass.gov.ct.tr
No Quarantine
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Lionel1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Lionel1 »

Reading the above, would my son who is 10yrs old still need a PCR test 72hrs before arrival? He has also had covid within the last 180 days so would he be classed as vaccinated? Thanks

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Lionel1 wrote:
Wed 13 Oct 2021 10:39 pm
Reading the above, would my son who is 10yrs old still need a PCR test 72hrs before arrival? He has also had covid within the last 180 days so would he be classed as vaccinated? Thanks
I did see your other post, but was trying to contact Ministry of Health to get a clear answer. I did not manage to get through today, no surprise.
The rules are open to interpretation, so would suggest he has a PCR test before arrival. But, do wait and I will try to call MoH again today, to get clear information on this for you, and others that are in the same situation.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Soner wrote:
Wed 13 Oct 2021 11:05 pm
Lionel1 wrote:
Wed 13 Oct 2021 10:39 pm
I did see your other post, but was trying to contact Ministry of Health to get a clear answer. I did not manage to get through today, no surprise.
The rules are open to interpretation, so would suggest he has a PCR test before arrival. But, do wait and I will try to call MoH again today, to get clear information on this for you, and others that are in the same situation.
I have today tried calling many times on many different numbers for the MoH without success. Unfortunately they only employ staff to drink coffee and gossip amongst themselves. I was put on hold for long periods of time, then simply cut off. I had again sent them an online request for information, but will not hold my breath for an answer. I had pointed out many many times on their facebook page that their telephone enquiry service was disgraceful, only for my comments to be immediately removed.

If children are travelling with double vaccinated parents, I suggest the children have a 72hr PCR test prior to arrival, until such time someone can clarify the TRNC rules on this matter.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi Soner, Many thanks to you and others who have replied, really appreciate your efforts. Friends of ours returned from the UK yesterday, they confirmed you do not need a PCR test to come here however, you do need an updated ada pass asking where you are staying.

In addition they will need an antigen test on arrival at Ercan.

Thanks again, everybody.

Lionel1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Lionel1 »

Thanks very much Soner for your effort in this matter it is very much appreciated. I think I’ll get my son a PCR test before we travel just in case as it does seem to be a grey area for 6-17 yr olds. Many thanks again

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Is there anymore information regarding the unvaxxed under 18s travelling to Ercan??

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”