General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

thickey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Flying out of larnaca

•   Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Post by thickey »

When living in the north. and having arrived by way of Turkey, Can I fly out of larnaca airport and return before my 90 days are up?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Flying out of larnaca

•   Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

thickey wrote:
Thu 14 Oct 2021 6:59 pm
When living in the north. and having arrived by way of Turkey, Can I fly out of larnaca airport and return before my 90 days are up?
Some have left via Larnaca, some banned for 180 days, some nothing said, those that have had returned via Ercan to avoid the 90/180 days restrictions.
If you do, please post here to let us know what happened.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Hi Soner - I flew out of Larnaca Monday

In theory I was over my 90 days as crossed the border to shop 15th June

At border control nothing was said and I was stamped out

On a different note I called the NHS Test and Trace and I spoke to a lady and then her supervisor who confirmed I did not need to quarantine as I had 2 x Astra Zenica in Cyprus (they see the island as whole) i made it clear they was done in the North - it was noted that I was not on the EU Vaccine passport nor the NHS.

However if anyone is flying out I would still book the Day 2 & 8 tests to ensure no problems at the airport

Asia111

•   Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Ijarvo. What telephone no did you use to call test and trace?

I am assuming you called them on arrival in UK and had pre booked your Uk tests to get on flight back to UK?

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

119 is the Track and Trace number for the UK.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Fri 15 Oct 2021 7:46 am
Hi Soner - I flew out of Larnaca Monday

In theory I was over my 90 days as crossed the border to shop 15th June

At border control nothing was said and I was stamped out

On a different note I called the NHS Test and Trace and I spoke to a lady and then her supervisor who confirmed I did not need to quarantine as I had 2 x Astra Zenica in Cyprus (they see the island as whole) i made it clear they was done in the North - it was noted that I was not on the EU Vaccine passport nor the NHS.

However if anyone is flying out I would still book the Day 2 & 8 tests to ensure no problems at the airport
Thank Lgarvo. Interesting that they said nothing about going over your 90 days, so it does really depend who is the custom officer and their political views.

If double vaccinated, you only need to book the 2 day test.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Covid-19: Cheaper travel tests to start on 24 October https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58917231

From BBC WEBSITE
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Maisiemoo wrote:
Fri 15 Oct 2021 11:16 am
119 is the Track and Trace number for the UK.
And good luck with that.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Ijarvo
Did you have a Pcr test before your flight?
Had you booked a two day and eight day test?
And did you fill in a passenger locator form?
How did your get on a plane without these procedures? If vaccinated in the North.

allycatthree
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

Post by allycatthree »

i arrived vis ba on 26th august and left on 7th October little problems both ways. no stamps anywhere just waved though at larnaca, on my way back pyla gave me a 90 visa for some reason and larnaca pasports just waved me through after brief questions about how long was i there no stamps

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

allycatthree

Yes, I can see why you didn’t have any problems because you were, I presume vaccinated in the UK and were in possession of an NHS pass.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Hi all,

Acacia - yes i called 119

Mr Chinnery

Did you have a Pcr test before your flight? - Yes I did it with Erduran clinic
Had you booked a two day and eight day test? - Yes I did as you need code for PLF plus I didn't want any trouble at Larnaca
And did you fill in a passenger locator form?- As above

I would also like to add that I did miss 2 Track and Trace phone calls oooops

Today they turned up to check on me - I updated them on my conversations with 119 and that I didn't need to quarantine and he said ok and off he went.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Iljavo
Thank you for that. I just wanted confirmation that nothing has changed re being vaccinated in the TRNC and that those documents are still required for travel to the UK.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Fri 15 Oct 2021 7:46 am
This is very interesting as it then throws all the information we had about having to isolate for 10 days, if vaccinated in the TRNC, out of the window.
I am now wondering if it may make a difference whether vaccinated by AZ or Sinovac.

Has anyone else experienced similar? Please post here.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

From friends going back to the UK who had the Sinovac I gather from them that the pivotal word was Sinovac and given in TRNC so they were considered in the UK to have had NO jabs. Then they had one AZ in UK (friends considered that their third jab) but UK decided it was their FIRST, So then they had an Oxford in the UK (which is considered to be the equivalent of two) Are you following this? In a nutshell the SINOVAC was null and void.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Soner
I had the same thought, the problem is it’s a person over the phone giving information which isn’t official. The fact that iljarvo had two phone calls and a visit would suggest 10 days quarantine has not changed. They were tasked to turn up and check on iljarvo to make sure he/ she was complying with the regulations which obviously he was and went away happy.
Iljavo does have a number of days left of the quarantine period. It is possible iljarvo maybe visited again and if not at home, who knows what will happen.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Benjaminbutton, If vaccinated in the TRNC all vaccinations are nul and void as far as the UK are concerned.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Fri 15 Oct 2021 9:39 pm
Soner
I had the same thought, the problem is it’s a person over the phone giving information which isn’t official. The fact that iljarvo had two phone calls and a visit would suggest 10 days quarantine has not changed. They were tasked to turn up and check on iljarvo to make sure he/ she was complying with the regulations which obviously he was and went away happy.
Iljavo does have a number of days left of the quarantine period. It is possible iljarvo maybe visited again and if not at home, who knows what will happen.
Makes sense.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 15 Oct 2021 9:34 pm
From friends going back to the UK who had the Sinovac I gather from them that the pivotal word was Sinovac and given in TRNC so they were considered in the UK to have had NO jabs. Then they had one AZ in UK (friends considered that their third jab) but UK decided it was their FIRST, So then they had an Oxford in the UK (which is considered to be the equivalent of two) Are you following this? In a nutshell the SINOVAC was null and void.
Wow, four jabs already.... first I have heard of this.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Mr Chinnery,

I am flying back tomorrow.

They was more concerned my day 2 test was negative which makes sense

It was a very clear conversation which was referred to a supervisor - my vaccines are not on a recognised app but the fact i had 2 Astra Zeneca was acceptable.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Two friends with double AZ jabs returned to UK and did the 10 day isolation. They were out there for 6 weeks, made an appointment to see GP and asked to have their jabs registered with the NHS. Doctor refused because the jabs were administered in the TRNC.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-w ... accination

Sinovac is not on the list of vaccinations approved by the UK Government.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Iljarvo, I understand what you are saying, once in UK they are acceptable. But the UK doesn’t recognise any vaccine administered in the TRNC for travel purposes. That’s why the need for PCR before flight , isolation and two extra PCR test which someone from a recognised country doesn’t need.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Soner, as you can see, my swallow friends didn't actually have four jabs recorded at all. The Sinovac were considered null and void in UK so they walked in to a Boots and had a AZ and their subsequent Oxford counts as two, so on paper they had three. As you can imagine they were more than a little p====d off but at least now their GP and NHS records show they had three. Next week they are off to get their free Flu jabs.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Sat 16 Oct 2021 6:54 am
Iljarvo, I understand what you are saying, once in UK they are acceptable. But the UK doesn’t recognise any vaccine administered in the TRNC for travel purposes. That’s why the need for PCR before flight , isolation and two extra PCR test which someone from a recognised country doesn’t need.
I take it that this is a loop hole in the system, but will it work all the time? The more people that try it and report back the better information we will have on the matter.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Soner, I don’t think it is a loop hole. I think it is the interpretation. Some people I know have gone to the UK having been vaccinated in the TRNC, then gone to their GP surgery with proof of their TRNC vaccination and had their medical records updated to state they have been vaccinated against covid 19. However they are unable to get the NHS pass. ( so accepted by their GP but not by the NHS ! )

In relation to quarantine there doesn’t appear to be any official paper on the UK Government website to state that no quarantine is required once a person arrives from an unrecognised country. It would be a brave person who flouted the quarantine on the say so of a person on the other end of a telephone without a signed written letter of authority.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

I am back in N Cyprus now I was only in the UK for 4 full days

Mr Chinnery - I don’t disagree it may be interpretation but I also had an email confirming this before I left so yes I was feeling quite brave !

I knew I had to book day 2 and 8 tests PCR etc as to not get any grief at Larnaca

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Iljarvo I admire your determination to go to UK and return in less than a week. Glad everything went well.

valeria12
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Post by valeria12 »

Hi
On a slightly different tack, did you put a north address on the RoC form when landing in Larnaca?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”