General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell home internet

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Had the above installed today. Very quick service pleasant young man arrived on time with a phone call before hand to confirm. :-D

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell home internet

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Deniz1 wrote:
Tue 19 Oct 2021 10:20 am
Had the above installed today. Very quick service pleasant young man arrived on time with a phone call before hand to confirm. :-D
Please keep us up to date on how it works as my current one is dreadful and I will be shortly changing suppliers.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I have been using it for 6 months via my next door neighbour who kindly gave me their password its been fine.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Changed to Turkcell, very positive so far, cost less than my previous provider, speeds especially at night time a lot better, never an issue with speeds that pathetic we ended up turning things off.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I would be interested if it wasn't for the fact that my Turkcell mobile reception has become appalling for more than 6 months now, so don't hold out any hope for TV's etc.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I dont use internet for the tv everyone I know has problems with that whichever company you use.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

I am curious how Turkcell home internet works. I tried finding out, put in a request and got a telephone call from Turkcell.

All very pleasant because the caller wanted to sell me I think it was 2gb for so much a month. I said I wasn’t interested in 2gb or 5 gb or 10 gbs .
I wanted to know first of all how the system worked, was it like other systems, ie, dish on the roof with a signal from a base station, or by other means. The person didn’t know. I then asked about their dedicated wifi which comes under business packages, 25, 30gb thinking I’ll pay extra for Guaranteed speeds, although more expensive than the normal up-to 20gb speeds that every internet company promises, but not eye watering expensive.
I was informed that 25 or 30 gb was very fast ,I said I know that’s why I’m interested. To which the reply was you need technical help, which is unusual because most people by this stage say I need psychological help! Anyway there was no point in carrying on so we went politely on our way. Short time later received text to say my enquiry was now closed. So the up shot is I haven’t a clue how this system works and Turkcell have lost a potential customer who was quite happy to spend several thousand Turkish Lira on wifi with dedicated no loss speeds.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

A dish on the roof, with the signal from a tower! Had it now for nearly two months and well happy with a constant 20 speed that allows me to watch F1 on IPTV without buffering - so long as Sky have done their bit properly - occasional drops in speed which would go unnoticed to normal users and half the price of my previous supplier.

They will only install after a site visit to ensure they have a clean and clear line of sight to the tower. Can not comment on service support as have not needed it but it is there if required. Previous supplier failed to meet requirement so I left them after many years, shame but that is life.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Thanks for that Waddo,
What do you think the difference is between Turkcell and others , All other companies seem to have a maximum 20gb anyway. Do you think it is to do with throttling of the bandwidth?
The only thing I am concerned with is that Turkcell seems to be relatively new to home internet and as time goes on the more customers they get the more bandwidth they need, then the speeds reduce.
My internet renewal isn’t due just, so will see how it goes. To be fair my internet speeds are very good but as technology improves 20gb is starting to look slow.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

https://m.turkcell.com.tr/en/aboutus/co ... ew/history Have a read of that if you have worries about Turkcell, remember it is not a TRNC company. I doubt it is new to home internet in the way that other companies here are either. My only concern was would it be “interfered” with by the current government in Turkey itself and would some features be blocked. However, all the URLs that I normally visited through my previous provider work through Turkcell as well so I think my fears were unfounded - so far. The big plus for me was that Turkcell did not throttle the bandwidth and it was that factor alone that forced my change.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

The young man who fitted mine said they were very busy with home installations. They have a discount at the moment ends in about 10 days.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Very happy with Turkcell internet and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them they knock spots off the two providers I have previous experience and cheaper as well.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Can you still use an Amazon Fire stick with Turkcell?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wed 20 Oct 2021 10:32 am
Can you still use an Amazon Fire stick with Turkcell?
We can and do. Very happy with Turkcell (Lifecell Digital) https://www.lifecelldigital.com/en
libens volens potens

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanx, food for thought when the present Company time ends.

Leither
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Leither »

I think in the near future many people will be changing their internet providers as most of them are a joke and the have had it far to easy for so long,excuse after excuse,I for one have been with the same mob for a few years and have put up with all the crap they feed me,I for one will be changing providers in the New Year.

Leither
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Leither »

I think in the near future many people will be changing their internet providers as most of them are a joke and the have had it far to easy for so long,excuse after excuse,I for one have been with the same mob for a few years and have put up with all the crap they feed me,I for one will be changing providers in the New Year.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Rubbish internet supplier, promised fiber optic cable and '10' up & '10' down , which is not possible after having paid for change; their 'lifecell' engineer told me "not in TRNC", phone sales team full of untrained liars! Speeds cut down to zero cut-off about every day though not for long and the company will not tell me the 'bandwidth' strength/width, just only 20 pax use my station, which again is not true, evenings & weekends too slow to do anything except receive radio transmission. Customer telephone service is terrible, 10, 20, 30, minutes wait is the norm to get answered by a non-English speaking receptionist having pressed 9 / 0 for English!? Told that an English speaker will phone me back but rarely do. They have made loads of money on my Turkcell telephone by just 'Waiting for Godot'!
It is cheap but unreliable so pay a little bit more for something that works consistently, unfortunately I'm tied in until next year.

shotaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by shotaway »

Changed to lifecell six months ago very good and saved money at the sametime

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”