Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Petrol shortage and panic

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Rumours abound.

My wife has just taken 1 hour 15 minutes to drive from Catalkoy to Karakum roundabout because everywhere is gridlocked. All of a sudden everyone needs petrol.

Apologies just seen the other topic on this and can't seem to find the delete thread button now.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Petrol shortage and panic

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Yes sadly I guess people are worried about not being able to get to work.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Wed 20 Oct 2021 1:52 pm
Rumours abound.

My wife has just taken 1 hour 15 minutes to drive from Catalkoy to Karakum roundabout because everywhere is gridlocked. All of a sudden everyone needs petrol.
The usual panic buying which in itself causes shortages. We were very fortunate at the start of the lockdown last year that people didn't panic buy in droves and so the shelves remained pretty full.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We have a Residency appointment at Girne Police Station tomorrow at 11:am. Maybe set off at 7 just in case.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Wed 20 Oct 2021 4:27 pm
We have a Residency appointment at Girne Police Station tomorrow at 11:am. Maybe set off at 7 just in case.
As all the petrol stations will be closed, your journey should be a lot easier, so I wouldn't worry.

mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by mac »

open tomorrow according to Yeniduzen

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Economy and Energy Erhan Arıklı made a statement about the fuel crisis on his social media account. Arıklı announced that the relevant companies have expressed their opinion that they will supply fuel to the market as of tomorrow morning.

OKU, YORUMLA ve PAYLAŞ ==> https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/a ... 19958.html

Kıbrıs Gazetesi

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

frontalman wrote:
Wed 20 Oct 2021 5:07 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
Wed 20 Oct 2021 4:27 pm
As all the petrol stations will be closed, your journey should be a lot easier, so I wouldn't worry.
Indeed. My post was a little tongue in cheek Frontalman and I am not worried although I still suspect the roads will be busy with people still looking and waitng petrol doing so. I usually arrive early anywhere as I have had years of either having to report 15 minutes before I started work or running to timetables. In fact here it is the same most days with the traffic being manic in and around town so I always leave plenty of time. Quite happy to sit in the car for a while if we arrive early. Also leaving plenty of time like I do means we can ride along at our leisure and watch the people rushiing about trying to get to their next life early!

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Don't worry about arriving early at the police station as they don't seem to take any notice of the appointment system anyway.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

I went last Thursday with an appointment of 10:47. She called my name I went to the window, she shut it in my face and said Coffee break.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

We had the same sort of experience Hair Cut, appointment at 1100, got to the window and the officers all moved away and sat smirking at each other, eventually served at 1130.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Those "people" at the windows are probably the rudest I've met in a long time. However an English friend who speaks fluent Turkish has no problems at all. And there is supposedly no racism in TRNC, oh yes there is and its alive and kicking every day with some sections of society here.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 21 Oct 2021 8:31 am
Those "people" at the windows are probably the rudest I've met in a long time. However an English friend who speaks fluent Turkish has no problems at all. And there is supposedly no racism in TRNC, oh yes there is and its alive and kicking every day with some sections of society here.
Don't think it has anything to do with racism. I have the same problems when dealing with civil servants out here, most think they are above everyone else. I could see the laughing and smirking between staff when dealing with one office, and person dealing with my request was typing very slowly with one finger, stopping and chatting, buying something from someone that entered the office, smirking and dragging out a 2 minute job for 20 minutes. Just one printout was required. They could not give a damn what race you are, they know what they can get away with, and that's usually anything. Other members could see me patiently getting frustrated, only for them to smirk at each other like school children. Pathetic, but that's how it is out here, and will not change anytime soon.

Sorry, for continuing to be ":"
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Well my appointment was for 11:15. Queue in front of me of course so I joined the queue and was called before my appointment time. Dealt with quickly without any attitude and then my wife who was due at 11:43 was allowed to do hers and we were both away before 11:15. Maybe I was lucky but I am not complaining.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Thu 21 Oct 2021 10:44 am
Well my appointment was for 11:15. Queue in front of me of course so I joined the queue and was called before my appointment time. Dealt with quickly without any attitude and then my wife who was due at 11:43 was allowed to do hers and we were both away before 11:15. Maybe I was lucky but I am not complaining.
You were both very lucky. (8))
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Maybe it was because I said 'Bless you' when she sneezed.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I go up the window, big smile on my face, ask them how they are in Turkish, face ache (woman) gave the TC shrug, said something to a bloke, who slowly got on his feet, stopped to finish his coffee, walked up to me and said "Papers" and walked away. Whatever it was he said to the other 5 in the office, it must have been hilarious.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”