General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Rental Agreement authorization

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

My Nephew has rented his house in Chatalkoy for a year.

He has to get the agreement that has been signed authorized by a government body so that he can pay tax.

Can anyone tell me where this can be done, as a solicitor has quoted him £400 (Sterling)

I've just thought should it be in Turkish?

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Rental Agreement authorization

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Surely a simple stamp and a few lira at the tax office in girne. Was that simple when I rented out however that was a long time ago.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

I always use a UK AST contract in English .just fill it in take deeds passport copies and take to the tax office . They always accept English .

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Hair Cut wrote:
Fri 22 Oct 2021 8:43 am
My Nephew has rented his house in Chatalkoy for a year.

He has to get the agreement that has been signed authorized by a government body so that he can pay tax.

Can anyone tell me where this can be done, as a solicitor has quoted him £400 (Sterling)

I've just thought should it be in Turkish?
I believe they have to be in English and Turkish.
It might be much cheaper to go to one of the estate agents/letting agents and see if they will draw you a rental agreement up

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Rental Agreements can be found online, just tailor to your requirements. Have it signed by the landlord, a witness and your nephew. Once all done go along to the tax office with your passport and photocopy of both.

My landlord is in lefkosia, so I drove there, once signed went along to the tax office, saw one woman who completed the paperwork, gave me an invoice which was for the tax and paid in office opposite. Took approx 20mins in and out.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

If he has a rental agreement he just needs to take it to the tax office with his passport and get it stamped and pay the tax on the contract which is 0.5% of the value. The landlord will be responsible for the rental tax each month. They accept English contracts.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Thanks for all your replies, is "The Tax Office" in the new building on the roundabout in Girne ?

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by compass »

No, the tax office is in the same room/building where you pay your car road tax..... Near to the Girne state hospital.

Providing the contract is signed by the landlord and the tenant, and witnessed then that's all they require. I always use an English contract

Compass
ps. Even if there's a large queue at the door, go to the front and tell them you are paying "Kira stoppage". ..... rental tax, as it's a separate queue/number system for this department

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Compass, great info, I will pass it on. Thanks

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Is it still OK to just turn up for registering rental agreements? Planning to take a friend tomorrow.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Go early . I went last month at 10am and was told all numbers finished. Come back tomorrow

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

kedikat2903 wrote:
Fri 20 May 2022 5:53 am
Go early . I went last month at 10am and was told all numbers finished. Come back tomorrow
Thanks we got there before 9am and they were seen right away(using Compass's tip) and then paid registration fee - no queue. Next month rental tax needs to be paid - after the first payment can it be done online? How does that get set up?

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

There isn't a number system for the rental tax section you just go to the desks. To pay online the landlord has to fill in a form and show their passport. Only the landlord can do this (I have been told). Same desks as for getting the monthly paperwork processed.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

JoandJelly wrote:
Fri 20 May 2022 4:58 pm
There isn't a number system for the rental tax section you just go to the desks. To pay online the landlord has to fill in a form and show their passport. Only the landlord can do this (I have been told). Same desks as for getting the monthly paperwork processed.
Thanks for the information.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Last month there was definitely a number system for rental tax. Maybe only used if busy. Who knows 😎I tried to get a number out of the machine. Wouldn’t let me. Went to the desk. Gave the form in . Got it stamped. Then told to come back tomorrow to pay. When I asked why I was told all numbers finished. So I said why can’t I pay? You just stamped the form. I have the correct amount. Was told no number so you can’t pay. 😕

aljanyoung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by aljanyoung »

Take a photocopy of the rental agreement as the tax office keeps a copy.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

kedikat2903 wrote:
Sat 21 May 2022 6:03 am
Last month there was definitely a number system for rental tax. Maybe only used if busy. Who knows 😎I tried to get a number out of the machine. Wouldn’t let me. Went to the desk. Gave the form in . Got it stamped. Then told to come back tomorrow to pay. When I asked why I was told all numbers finished. So I said why can’t I pay? You just stamped the form. I have the correct amount. Was told no number so you can’t pay. 😕
Yes, yesterday they had to get a number using the middle (Gelirler) button on ticket machine to pay the contract registration fee. To pay rental tax there seems to be a different number system - bottom button? There wasn't a queue for any of the cashiers at 08:45.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I agree you need a number to pay but unless it has changed in just over a week the desks where the paperwork is processed have never had a number system. I've always wondered why.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”