General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Stray dogs Karsiyaka

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Further to previous posts, (t's a Danish lady and a Scottish lady taking turns, I believe. The Danish lady paid for all their veterinary bills too!). I came across one little body today, a pup - looks like poison. Not much hope for the others which I haven't seen for a few days. I did wonder about the wisdom of building kennels and keeping them on Garari's 'heaps'. Not known for kindness -- but could have been anyone. What a shame the ladies had not taken them to say Freedom dog sanctuary, the puppies may have been adopted. Ah well, ........ so sad.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Stray dogs Karsiyaka

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Sadly, if the local occupants/residents don't want any strays in their area, they'll find a way a way of removing them, come what may. At least the kennels can be donated to one of the Dog Rescue charities?

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

The trouble is I don't know who these kind souls are - so really the kennels belong to them so not really for me to say what happens to them. But I agree that it would be nice if these ladies now give them to a dog charity - a pick up truck and a strong arm would be needed though. I suspect that the owner of the 'heaps' will probably bulldoze them unless someone comes to take them. It is sad not to know what happened to the other dogs - at least 3 more; I just hope they were adopted but ....... maybe someone who informed me of these ladies can get in touch with them.

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

sammydavis wrote:
Thu 28 Oct 2021 3:44 pm
What a shame the ladies had not taken them to say Freedom dog sanctuary, the puppies may have been adopted. Ah well, ........ so sad.
If it's the Danish lady I'm thinking of, her and her husband have both volunteered at Freedom, and as such are aware that the shelter is beyond capacity already, and on top of this there has recently been a parvo outbreak there, resulting in the death of 7 puppies. Seems to me they were doing the best they could under the circumstances.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thank you steveodp for that info. so I am sure they will already know the fate of these karsiyaka pups etc then and maybe will make other use of the kennels they built. I hope they do realise that they put them on Gagari's 'heaps' but maybe he gave them permission; it would amaze me if he did.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I keep hearing about the "heaps", what exactly are they and who is the omnipotent Gagari?

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Gagari owns and operates a a business which uses a huge machine to turn uprooted trees/rubbish soil etc into heaps of top soil type stuff which he then sells. He also accumulates loads of sheep poo for processing and again selling. so there are loads of piles/heaps of soil, sheep poo etc, together with concrete and other building debris over on his site. The kennels were built near his operation. There are shepherds who walk their flocks over there so not an ideal site for dogs especially puppies, but so sad to hear the troubles at Freedom. The couple were wonderful to try to help those strays; it is such a sad part of life here.

meldy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by meldy »

The Scottish lady you mentioned was my neighbour and she has adopted/been adopted by the mother and one of the pups after the other two pups had disappeared.
Suzi x

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thanks for that - so nice to know that some of them have good homes now. No doubt somewhere there is another little body then that I haven't come across, so sad.

Leither
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Leither »

Ref the above ,the Scottish lady and the danish lady have tried to get these animals into a shelter,unfortunately all kennels are full,so these two ladies are doing their very best,so be very carefull in what you post.
Leither

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Sorry, do not understand Leithers remark - I have nothing but admiration for these ladies or anyone, including myself (!) who rescues and gives a home to the many strays. I was merely concerned about them and am now pleased to hear all is well for the time being. There are many organisations doing such good work here and I for one support them as best I can.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

sammydavis, like you I read Leither comments with astonishment. I can see nothing whatsoever untoward in what you said. Perhaps Leither might like to re read. Like you I support the animal rescue organisations and have four street dogs myself.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thank you Benjaminbutton for your reassuring words! We will continue to do our best aye.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”