General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

GTech or Dyson Cordless cleaners

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Are there any outlets here in the North which stock these cleaners and has anyone had experience of these re say, dog hairs!?

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: GTech or Dyson Cordless cleaners

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

GTech is brilliant, especially for dog hairs. The upright one to get is the Gtech K9 they also do a handheld K9 we bought our in the UK as a package deal. Dyson is expensive to buy and I understand not very reliable.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Thank you. that sounds great but can you get it here in the North?

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Got both Dyson and Vax Cordless and would not recommend the Dyson at all, sorry dont know about GTech. Bought mine over from the UK

Telstar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Telstar »

No you cant. Go and have a look South

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

My cordless Dyson has a very short run time especially on full power. The battery did not last long before needing renewing. Cleaning the dirt bin is a fiddle and messy especially if the bid is fully removed.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

That's a thumbs down for the Dyson then, I wonder why they sell in their millions? I would sell my soul for a really good machine which would clean up behind the four dogs.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

In UK we have a bagged GTech Pro 2, can't fault it having previously had Vax, Hoover and Dyson. Anything that is bagless will still require the "cyclones" to be cleaned out periodically with pipe cleaners which can be fiddly and time consuming. Only drawback with bags is the ongoing cost, however the bag capacity is usually a lot more than a bin in a bagless. Bagged is also good for allergy sufferers while in use and when emptying. Some bagless have Hepa filtration which is good while in use, but you still get some dust flying around when you empty the container into a bin.

That said, in TRNC i invested in a Stilevs Super Quiet Cylinder vac. The Black and Gold one, can't remember the model but it's a good ol workhorse inside and also out in the garden. Might even bring one to UK next time we're out.

Poppy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Poppy »

I have had a Dyson for a number of years and would not be without it and yes you can buy them here. There is a large new electrical shop opposite Supreme in that sells them, sorry can’t remember the name. If you stand outside Supreme and look across the road you can’t miss it. They did have other makes as well, but not sure which ones, but worth a look.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

It is Sharaf, the electrical store opposite Supreme. They sell lots of well known makes so worth a look.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

I have a Dyson and would not be without it, don't know about the dogs but it does fine for cleaning up behind the cats. Sharaf has a good web site where you will be able to see the products they sell.

Asia111

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

We bought another Brand from Sharaf catalkoy in the summer - the battery on our Dyson died and couldn’t get a replacement in TRNC

The Sharaf one (can’t remember the brand but it is all white in colour and costs in the region of £300 to £350 with assessories - performs very well and up to an hours use between charges - good alternative to Dyson or Gtech). It even has an attachment with microfibre pad and slow liquid release to clean as it sweeps an an auto led light so you can see if the light is poor!
Found the same brand on Amazon UK. Similar price.
Spare filters and batteries etc - you have to order from Ali Express or Amazon.

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by aripointer »

Another thought is the Miele stick cordless stick vacuum cleaner. Miele has outlets in Turkey and maybe in the North?

With the £ strength against the lira, it might be worth thinking about. It gets very good reviews and it is made in Germany.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

aripointer wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 11:11 am
Another thought is the Miele stick cordless stick vacuum cleaner. Miele has outlets in Turkey and maybe in the North?

With the £ strength against the lira, it might be worth thinking about. It gets very good reviews and it is made in Germany.
There is a Miele shop on the left between the Dogankoy roundabout and the Bellepais traffic lights.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

The Miele shop in NC, it seems, is not a "recognised dealer". the "cyprus distributor" sits on GC side.
this is a general problem, of course.

but, what about one of the " Bosch unlimited " series?
if accu is broken or want a second one... just buy one... its the same one as for (some of ) the bosch tools.
Bosch maybe to be found at Genc?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Funnily enough I was going to suggest Bosch. Have a look at https://www.argasltd.com/kategori/elektrikli-supurgeler
I have just noticed that they are now pricing everything in USD, this is very recent. Probably to save themselves changing TL prices on a daily basis at the moment.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

note that the Athlet series has inbuild accus and NOT have the easy replacable accus.
only the unlimited series.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Well the Miele ones are dear!!! And what is/are accus??

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”