General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Vaccines not recognised by the UK

•   Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Asking on behalf of a non Kibcomer. Person concerned had two SinoVac vaccinations followed 6 months later by an Astro Zeneca. As I understand it, neither of these are recognised by UK, so how will he be able to go back to UK next year (late June).

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Vaccines not recognised by the UK

•   Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

He will be able to go to the UK If he follows the regulations, ie, PCR test, UK locator form and purchases day 2 and day 8 PCR test in advance. However, June next year isa long way off, so who knows where we will be then. Best to check regulations nearer the time.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

AstraZenica is a UK vaccine.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

MnM, yes I know it is, but I understand there is someone on this Forum whereby it hasn't been recognised.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

MnM wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 8:47 am
It has to be administered by a recognised authority. TRNC isn't.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

There you go MnM, there's the rub. I can't see the UK recognising the TRNC in the next few months can you. Combine that with the the unrecognised SinoVac , there's a hiding to nothing isn't there?. Loads and loads of people had both Sinovacs back when the state hospitals were crowded out in the first few weeks/months. People (particularly the over 70's etc) thought they were doing the "right thing" but its come back and hit them badly.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-w ... mmediately

Turkey is a recognised Country and you only need the vaccination certificate which must be in English (ours are). Astra is recognised but not if administered here because the TRNC does not exist. If you real the info from the Gov.UK link above it is all explained in detail. I think there is a remote possibility that if you fly via Istanbul and show your vaccination certificate you 'may' get away with it but wouldn't want to put money on it.

In any event the rules no doubt will change on countless occasions before he decides to return so best to see what they are at that time. I still cannot see a time when our vaccines whichever ones will be recognised from here though.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

I put on this forum a few weeks back a detailed explanation of what you need to do in relation to the paperwork needed for travel to England from the TRNC VIA Turkey if vaccinated in TRNC.
Nothing has changed since I posted that information as regards that route. The details in the post are correct.
You will need to trawl through the post on here to find it.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

That's as maybe Mr Chinnery but the rules change more often than some people change their underwear and as the OP is talking about travel in late June next year it is quite feasible that they will have changed several times in the 8 months. So I fail to see how your terse post helps in anyway.

It wouldn't have done you any harm had you even bothered to post a link to your post from a previous thread rather than tell someone they would have to trawl through.

Fact remains the rules change to cope with the change in circumstances of the Pandemic in various countries. Up to date and verified information is available on the UK Gov website and that is better than relying on information posted on here some time ago.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright , If you had read my post 2 above you would have read that I did explain that next June is a long way off and best to check nearer the time.
In relation to trawling through the post, I too would have to trawl through past post to find it. So it would take me as much time to find it as anyone else or, in this case the person who was making the enquiry. You are right that the UK government website is the right place to check up to date details. However some people ask for advice on here because they don’t want to check the government website because maybe they would have to trawl the the information on the website, which i might add is what I had to do to find the information and pass that information on here a few weeks ago.
The fact remains as you put it is that the information I supplied in my post to help people was correct at the time , is correct now as of todays date nothing has changed.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I have found the easiest way to check what you need to go from A to B and probably back again is to go onto the Turkish Airlines Web Site because the information is always there and always up to date. Saves you searching through countless Gov.Uk web sites that don't apply to you anyway - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

MnM wrote:
Not accepted if administered in TRNC, however, a member managed to get over the problem by calling 119 (?) in UK and explaining that he had been vaccinated in Cyprus North side.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 10:34 am
I put on this forum a few weeks back a detailed explanation of what you need to do in relation to the paperwork needed for travel to England from the TRNC VIA Turkey if vaccinated in TRNC.
Nothing has changed since I posted that information as regards that route. The details in the post are correct.
viewtopic.php?p=281136#p281136
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 12:25 pm
Chriswright , If you had read my post 2 above you would have read that I did explain that next June is a long way off and best to check nearer the time.
In relation to trawling through the post, I too would have to trawl through past post to find it. So it would take me as much time to find it as anyone else or, in this case the person who was making the enquiry. You are right that the UK government website is the right place to check up to date details. However some people ask for advice on here because they don’t want to check the government website because maybe they would have to trawl the the information on the website, which i might add is what I had to do to find the information and pass that information on here a few weeks ago.
The fact remains as you put it is that the information I supplied in my post to help people was correct at the time , is correct now as of todays date nothing has changed.
I have no intention of getting into an argument here about this and that wasn't my intention.

You would not have to trawl through as much as anyone else as you can simply look at threads you have posted in. Also, as correct as you are saying that your information is correct as of today's date that still is of little use in 8 months time as it will have changed.

I did read your post 2 above and then wondered why you posted again in the manner you did.

I think we have established that the delay in travelling means a discussion about what is or isn't allowed to day is pointless. I understand the frustration of many people (myself included) who would like to return to the UK for whatever reason and the stupidity of the situation. I believe many on here and other social media are confused and just looking for simple clarification. Sadly it isn't as simple as it could be.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Soner wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 12:57 pm
Mr Chinnery wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 10:34 am
viewtopic.php?p=281136#p281136
:+1:)

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I wrote a reply a few minutes ago, somewhere between Mr Chinnery, Chriswright03 and Soner, but it hasn't appeared. Is it in the ether somewhere and lost for ever? Thanks.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 1:24 pm
I wrote a reply a few minutes ago, somewhere between Mr Chinnery, Chriswright03 and Soner, but it hasn't appeared. Is it in the ether somewhere and lost for ever? Thanks.
It's not in your searched list of posts. Probably did not submit.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright,
The last thing I want is an argument. I spent an awful lot of time a few weeks ago putting together a detailed explanation of travel between TRNC and England via Turkey. The reason I did this was because someone asked what the rules were at that time as Turkey was about to come off the red list.
I also advised Soner at that time as his advice at the top of the home page wasn’t quite right for which he thanked me and adjusted his post accordingly. I am sure Soner will verify that. Again I did this to help people who were thinking or wanting to go to England via Turkey. In the last paragraph of your post 14 above you state the frustration of people wanting to return to the UK ( You included ) who seem frustrated with it all, and the confusion and just want simple clarification. Well that’s exactly what I was doing by providing the information, So there was no confusion. Again, that information supplied then , is correct now. If anyone would like me to go through again what is needed to return to UK via Turkey I will. But please take a screen shot to keep.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Mr Chinnery I read what you posted some while ago and it was very useful to many I am sure. Sad fact is things change here so quick that is truly is a nightmare to keep current. I look on here, BRS, and Ex Pats Facebook group along with very reliable information I receive from the Ex Pats Consultancy Service and the problem I find is very often they are all different. I realise much of it down to interpretation.

Just this week things have changed for returning here and even that isn't simple as the new system appeared to be broken already. People arriving at Ercan Airport have had issues with not knowing if they need to pay for the Antigen tests before they fly at increased cost or when they get here. It was eventually sorted but once again different people have different interpretations of it all and that doesn't even take into account what side of the bed the Official you are faced with got out of that morning.

OK so much of what I said here now refers to flying into the TRNC but I still believe there is confusion over returning to the UK as well.

I know that Soner with your help has posted to try and clear this up but I still think it is vital that people check for themselves or have someone reliable (I am not implying you are unreliable) to check for them not long before they fly. In that way they may avoid the stress of not knowing what they need to do and travel in some sort of secure knowledge that they are complying with the the rules and regulations current at 'that' time.

My understanding is that even the Law Society here has taken issue with the ambiguity of legislation released by the TRNC Government. I sadly do not see the situation improving here and confusion remains. I am pleased that you choose to help as will I when I can. This is what this forum is good at and far better than Facebook groups which are full of opinions based on very little.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 1:24 pm
I had the same problem this morning when I would have been the first to reply to your post. Others were replying at the same time and when I looked my post had not been completed. I had to try three times before it eventually went. Maybe some glitch in the software.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright,
You are right people should check themselves as I have said before also. What I have written a few weeks ago is for all to see on the UK Government website.
It seems to me that people ask for advice and once given it dispute it as not a reliable source. I know people who returned to England via Turkey and the South and had no trouble at all if they follow the advice.
The information I have given comes from the UK Government website, all I have done is try to simplify it for a set of particular circumstances, in this case Travel from TRNC to England via Turkey and nothing else, ( although the rules for entering England from the south are the same ) My information has nothing to do with entering the TRNC or any legislation there in. Yes things change regularly but the information I supplied when Turkey came off the red list is the same today. If you are confused about what is needed to get you to England just let me know and I will answer it, then it can be cross referenced with the UK Government website. There is no need for the confusion it is simple really. Just don’t ask what’s needed to go to anywhere else!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thanks for that. I have not looked too much at what is required for us to return at the moment as we are not prepared to jump through hoops and then risk not being able to get back here without jumping through some more.

I keep an eye on the UK info and often advise friends as to where to get the information but also advise them that things change and they really need to keep checking to see if anything changes. As an example we initially decided against returning as we were not prepared to pay the money to go into hotel quarantine.

So no I am not confused just aware that what we understand today may well change more than once and that we have to use common sense and check as and when the time comes for us to go back for however long it will be.

As it stands there is little on here of the hysteria of Facebook groups where countless people ask the same questions over and over again sometimes in the same thread when it has been answered a couple of posts before. Commons sense appears to be alive and kicking on here but sadly not so much elsewhere.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Chriswright,

You know that you would not now need to go into Hotel Quarantine.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yes I do but sadly still upto 10 days in our flat which doesn't fill me with a lot of cheer.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

If I read you correct then, we could not move in with say, daughter and husband, for 10 days, or would that be allowed, provided we stayed put all day and night. I can't see that going down terribly well!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 8:05 pm
If I read you correct then, we could not move in with say, daughter and husband, for 10 days, or would that be allowed, provided we stayed put all day and night. I can't see that going down terribly well!
I believe that they, daughter and son in-law, would have to isolate for 10 days too. You do have option for 5 day release.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 8:05 pm
This is what the government website says

'Rules for the people you’re staying with
The people you’re staying with do not need to quarantine, unless:

they travelled with you
you or someone in the place where you’re staying develop symptoms of COVID-19
you get a positive test result for your day 2 or day 8 test
If any of these things apply, your household must quarantine with you, following the same rules and for the same length of time as you. '

So no they don't have to quarantine though our daughter did when we stayed with her in August.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Just been on both Turkish airlines and Pegasus websites for returning to the UK from here .
Clearly states . Antigen or PCR test . Then flight locator with the barcode of the 2 and 8 day test kit you will have to order filled in on it.
Although turkey vaccines are on the UK list .. it seems they don't count!

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

13roman58 wrote:
Thu 04 Nov 2021 8:56 am
MnM wrote:
It has to be administered by a recognised authority. TRNC isn't.
Yep, with you now. Stupid though that the UK Gov etc can accept a PCR and Antigen test carried out in TRNC, but not accept our own vaccine just because TRNC doesn't exist. Both sides have been in talks about it for the last few months at least - 'bout time they sorted it out. A common approach across the globe would be much more sensible and there lies the problem - sensible!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”