General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Avoiding day 2,and 8 tests in the UK

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Ok. Only theoretically .. Will have had a PCR test here before leaving here for the UK . Therefore hopefully not a threat to others.
The cost of the UK bit is 100 sterling as well as the Messing to find a drop box within a reasonable if not already bulging with others
Having to do this as vaccines are not accepted. However the PCR test here is .. how strange !.
Could yo fly to turkey as you would anyway from here. Then stay for a period of time required (no idea how long that is )
Then fly to the UK . Technically then coming from turkey we are classed as vaccinated?.

kevnmax
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Avoiding day 2,and 8 tests in the UK

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kevnmax »

expert meds will give you a code and kit will be in UK on arrival [£27 day 2 kit ] and you put results in any post box

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Will take a look . Many thanks but will need a day 2 and 8 as unvaccinated according to the rules

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Many thanks. Have booked that £50 for 2 and 8 tests. Much better than randox at double the price and postage issues.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Sorry won't work because your vaccines are not administered in a Country that is recognised. I admit I thought about it myself but from what I understand you will not be allowed to fly unless you have the required proof of pre-paid tests in the UK.

MVP
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by MVP »

To return to the UK you need a pre-booked test(s)
The reference number from the booked test(s) has to be entered into your UK passenger locator form before it will be registered .
The airline won't let you fly unless you have a completed passenger locator form.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I received this in an email today from the BRS.

During the meeting the Director was asked about the non-recognition by the UK Government of vaccinations administered in the North for travel purposes.

We were informed that currently there are no plans to add the TRNC to the list of accepted countries although that list is being updated regularly and we “MAY” be included in the future. It was asked if consideration could be given for the Sovereign Bases to administer the vaccinations for British expats as they do for their own staff and we were told that the BHC have already looked into this and confirmed that due to regulations and legislation, this was not an option.

So to clarify, although Turkey has been added to the list of accepted recorded vaccinations, the TRNC is being treated as a separate country and therefore any vaccinations/boosters administered in the North are not recognised by the UK for travel purposes. Quarantine rules apply.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

susiesusie wrote:
Sat 06 Nov 2021 9:49 am
Many thanks. Have booked that £50 for 2 and 8 tests. Much better than randox at double the price and postage issues.
Hi Susie, is it possible to share the name of this company ? website address would be helpful ?

cheers

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

kevnmax wrote:
Sat 06 Nov 2021 9:11 am
expert meds will give you a code and kit will be in UK on arrival [£27 day 2 kit ] and you put results in any post box
Thanks for that but dont we need a day 2 AND 8 day test which I cannot find there?

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Yes booked day2 and 8 kit for unvaccinsted on expert meds site. Just typed it in Google and it came up

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

I am not trying to be smart here however, I went onto the which site and they strongly recommended not to use expert meds, they said its not government approved anymore and the company has very poor reviews.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

"Kevnmax wrote: ↑expert meds will give you a code and kit will be in UK on arrival [£27 day 2 kit ] and you put results in any post box."

Expert meds have been removed from the UK list of approved suppliers.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”