General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

First trnc driving license

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Just a question. When I first applied for my first driving license here, I had to go to Lefkosa, then when renewed I went to Girne. Is this still the same, As my neighbour needs to apply for the first time.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: First trnc driving license

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

You can go to the driving school near the Wednesday market, they will do it for a fee.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Joker2nd wrote:
Sun 07 Nov 2021 10:28 am
Just a question. When I first applied for my first driving license here, I had to go to Lefkosa, then when renewed I went to Girne. Is this still the same, As my neighbour needs to apply for the first time.
According to the information on this link https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/driving-licence the answer is yes, first time Lefkoşa then renewals may be done in Girne.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Make sure they transfer all your driving details (i.e class of vehicle you can drive ) to your Turkish license.

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Sorry another question. Have been told you have to pass your driving test in trnc before they issue first license.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

If you have a full UK licence no but if you don't then I would hope you have to take a test here. Not that it will be testing. I would also back up the bit about making sure they include all the groups that is on your UK licence. I foolishly left it to someone else to apply and do it for me and never checked. It later transpired they had missed off the motorcycle entitlement. Luckily it was resolved but only because someone knew someone.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”