General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dickieandjane
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Property boundaries - indemnity insurance

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dickieandjane »

I have been told that the GPS mapping of land and property boundaries done in recent years has shown a large number of boundaries to be inaccurate. Some in favour of the property owner and some not. Does anyone know if there is an indemnity insurance available in case your boundaries are challenged. In which case who?
Thanks in anticipation

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Property boundaries - indemnity insurance

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I wish I knew, because we bought on the 1934 measurements in chains and then subsequently measured via GPS. The early measurements are miles out and as a result will never obtain our full Title Deeds. I have no obtain to measuring using the GPS method but I think it was cruel to make the old measurements obsolete and illegal if we bought our property nearly 20 years ago.

dickieandjane
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dickieandjane »

Sorry, might seem like a silly question, why won’t you be able to obtain your title deeds?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Because the authorities have told us that unless we go right back to square one and start again i.e. remeasure the land, alter the Tapu paperwork to reflect the new measurements e.g. we no longer have a donum so go back to the people who we bought the land from in the first place and get them to sign over the changes so that any parcelation can be re done (the list goes on and on), we cannot obtain our Title Deeds because they will be differ from the new measurements etc. Legal bods have warned us that it could take yonks and the costs astronomical as we would have to cover the sellers costs as well as out own. I should live that long!!! Believe me, we are not the only ones in this situation, by a long chalk.

dickieandjane
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by dickieandjane »

I see. Thank you

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

I once owned a property that between 2005 and 2017 was measured four times including by GPS. Every time it was measured the boundaries differed, never in my favour.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”