General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems with Halifax

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Is anyone having problems with the above. Yesterday I tried 6 times to get into my on-line banking, each time an error message came up (different error number each time) This morning message says "unfortunately we can't retrieve some of the account information you've requested right now. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause you" Have just rung them and message says " we are experiencing extremely heavy use at the moment. Be prepared to wait for at least ONE HOUR before an assistant is able to speak to you"

My husband has also had problems with his card. Message on Credit West ATM says, please contact your supplier. We rang Halifax last Friday who said, "there does not appear to anything wrong with the card. Go back to your ATM bank." Credit West say, "contact your supplier" and so we go round in circles.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problems with Halifax

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Just tried and getting same "cannot retrieve some of your information" message. Am sure it was ok for me yesterday, although it could well have been Tuesday.
Can't help with card, as mine has expired and new one in UK.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks Mike, interested and glad its not just me. Strangely enough I can retrieve ISA information but not Current Account Info. Card is a bit strange as last Friday Halifax said it was a fault with Credit West. I haven't had chance to spend an hour waiting to speak to someone, but sadly Halifax do appear to have problems (IT?) far more than they used to do. Its a pity we can't actually go into a branch and look someone straight in the eye to obtain information, rather than talking to a compute, polite as it might be.!!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I stopped using Credit West atm always the same problem.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Just logged into our Halifax account, no problems.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks Haircut, I've just tried again and the matter seems to be resolved.

BB, yes earlier it was just current accounts that were not showing.
I've never been able to use Creditwest ATM with my UK cards, although bank staff assure me that I can. I gave up at that, as it didn't work, so have never tried again. I would try another ATM. I tend to stick to Turkbank and Ziraat bank ATM's for taking out TL with Revolut card, as there is no charge.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Actually we've been using Credit West since they moved to the bottom of the bye pass. Reaction has been getting slower but its really handy for us, plus we fill up with petrol next door as well. Another plus, twice over the last years the machine has swallowed a card, so its just pop head in the door, say whats happened, sign a form and card handed back.!!! Anyway, I'll have another go, cross fingers.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/halif ... t-halifax/

Hopefully all ok for you now, but where I am in U.K. our area ATMs are not working today. Obviously a glitch somewhere.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Yup, we're open for business again, but it does make you a bit concerned e.g. have they been hacked or whatever. Guess we'll never know.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Took Kibcomers advice and used Turk bank for a withdrawal today, perfect and speedy, "farewell" Credit West, you are just a pain. Turk Bank ATM had an attachment for a mobile so its possible to do online banking as well. Never seen that before.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Glad that you got sorted out BB. Hadn't noticed the attachment for a mobile at Turk Bank.
Like you, I try to use an ATM attached to a bank, after having a card swallowed once, and took ages and several trips to get it back. However, have chanced my mitt a couple of times this year with heart in mouth, and been lucky.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

alphamike, you can't miss it (but it might be very new) immediately to the right of the screen is a white gubbins and attached to it there is a cable about 8ins long, I think it will fit most mobiles, but not all of course.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Lol BB. It might be new then, as it's been quite a few weeks since I've used an ATM.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

If an atm takes your card and the machine is not next to a bank it can take aes to get it back plus a trip to report it.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”