General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Revolut problem, help needed

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Downloaded over a year ago, but never received a card or did anything else after a time so uninstalled.

Installed again yesterday and tried registering but says my e-mail already exists so must have previously registered.

Says my password is incorrect though i would have know what it was if i did register previously.

Tapped forgot password which is what it says online to reset it but got message saying my account was being verified and to try back in a weeks time.

Apparently there is online chat or some sort of help in the app but not much help if i can't get in it.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Revolut problem, help needed

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Try re-registering again with an alternative email address, if that fails go for a Starling card.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Tried uninstalling again and entered mobile number on website to "get the app". Said it texted me a code but not received, presumably because they're "verifying my account". Only texts I've received say that "someone is trying to change my details" each time i tried to reset the pass code. I already have Starling and Monzo. Not impressed that i cant even reset the passcode or even get into the app to speak to a live agent. Could have been on holiday abroad with no way to pay for anything until 7 days time!!!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Support?

Our support team is available 24/7 via in-app chat. Premium and Metal plan customers benefit from priority service. Plus customers also benefit from higher priority service than Standard customers. When contacting us via chat, you'll speak to our friendly chat bot, Rita. If Rita can't help you, you'll be redirected to a one of our awesome humans.

If you can't get in touch with us via in-app chat, you can send us an email to [email protected]. Please bear in mind that the waiting time may be a bit longer, so it's always the best to reach out directly via chat.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

MnM you said you uninstalled the app and entered a mobile number on the website. Presumably you registered a UK mobile number when you reinstalled it and not you local number?

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Thanks Chriswright03 and judyvin.

I have uninstalled the app and re-installed it twice now. Sorry judyvin, i meant on Google Play i entered my mobile number to have the app downloaded from there to my mobile - the same mobile number i used to register the app initially and the same mobile number I'm using now to try and get back into the app.

To iterate, i cannot log into the app. The app says either my passcode and / or phone number are wrong.

I try to reset passcode exactly as it says on the Revolut website by tapping Reset Passcode in the app log in screen. I then receive a 6 digit code on my mobile which i cannot enter into the app as the screen changes too quickly and gives me a message saying my phone number is wrong.

I called 020 3322 8352 which was automated;
Option 1 block card
Option 2 support - tried this but no good, see below
Option 3 travel
Option 4 feedback - tried this but no good, see below
Option 5 complaint - tried this but no good, see below
Option 6 data protection

No prospect of speaking to a live agent on the phone as all options refer to in-app live chat or support community.

I e-mailed the feedback address on Google Play and got a reply saying i can reach them via in-app chat, even though i made it clear i could not get into the app. They then went on to say, if i can't get into the app, to reply with my phone number so they can find my account and someone will call me. That was yesterday and I've not not heard from anyone since.

I also tried in the text i got saying someone was trying to change my details, to tap the it wasn't me link and all it went on to say was verification cancelled.

Not holding my breath or filled with confidence.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

I had to register using a UK based phone (Tesco phone plan) , it also required a uk address and uk banking to set up.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I originally registered with UK phone, but then had it changed to TRNC tel no. with help from support. I do know that some have registered successfully with TRNC tel nos. but perhaps T's & C's have changed now.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

Sorry i should have mentioned i originally registered with my UK mobile number.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”