Unvaccinated banned from bars/restaurants?

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Unvaccinated banned from bars/restaurants?

•   Message 1 of 54 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

If I understand last night's 'decisions' the unvaccinated cannot enter bars/restaurants etc regardless of any PCR/antigen test result which is obviously a move to make reluctant people get vaccinated.

However even fully vaccinated cannot now enter the above without 14 day PCR/antigen test

Which begs the question; why bother?
The Mountie always gets his man

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Unvaccinated banned from bars/restaurants?

•   Message 2 of 54 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Can you provide a link for fully vaccinated requiring 14 day PCR/antigen test for bars, restaurants please?

Edited: It's okay I found it. https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/b ... 21316.html

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 54 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

From 06 December 2021; -People who have had COMIRNATY (Pfizer/Biontech), VAXZEVRIA (Astrazeneca/Oxford), MODERNA vaccines and 6 months have passed since their second dose; People who have had the CORONAVAC (Sinovac) vaccine and 3 months have passed since their 2nd dose; People who have had the COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen / Johnson and Johnson vaccine and 3 months have passed; 3. If they do not have their vaccinations, they will be considered as unvaccinated people in the country and their Adapass will be cancelled.

OKU, YORUMLA ve PAYLAŞ ==> https://www.kibrisgazetesi.com/kibris/3 ... 21319.html

Kıbrıs Gazetesi

Also there's this;
The Mountie always gets his man

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Surely that is saying you are not fully vaccinated until you have had your booster (third dose). As many are now having their fourth I think it is their way of ensuring people have their vaccinations and continue to in an effort to stop the massive rise in new daily cases. Over 300 one day last week and still in the mid 200 s other days something needs to be done.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

In the first article, does anyone know what Floor 1 & 2 are? and there seems to be some contradiction in the tables, in one table it says if you are un vaccinated you cannot enter restaurants but in a later table it says un vaccinated workers can enter restaurants with a 72 hr antigen test? why can un vaccinated workers enter but customers can't?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I expect because workers are subject to regular compulsory PCR/Antigen tests.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 54 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 8:37 am
Surely that is saying you are not fully vaccinated until you have had your booster (third dose). As many are now having their fourth I think it is their way of ensuring people have their vaccinations and continue to in an effort to stop the massive rise in new daily cases. Over 300 one day last week and still in the mid 200 s other days something needs to be done.
That's the way I am reading it. If you haven't had your booster within whatever time frame for the different type of vaccines, you are classed as unvaccinated. I've had 2 AZ vaccines, last one was in July, so due 1st booster in January.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Chriswright03, I still don't understand the logic in allowing an un vaccinated worker to enter a restaurant with a 72 hr Antigen test but not allowing an un vaccinated customer with a 72 hr antigen test

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I hope the government are going to open more test centers as the queues were horrendous before when only workers and non vaccinated people had to be tested, now that most of the population will want testing I think the test centers will be over run

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Dave G I didn't say it was logical. It is like a lot of the rules here made with hopefully the best intentions but not always thought through sufficiently. There is also the problem of translation which confuses the issue. I agree with you and don't see a difference but then maybe we are looking at it expecting there to be some commons sense used. Sometimes we have to manage our expectations.

ardstrawray
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 54 in Discussion

Post by ardstrawray »

Read an article recently about trying to get tourist numbers up inTRNC, Now it seems they do not want people use bars and restaurants, not a good way to improve tourism.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 54 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

ardstrawray wrote:
Tue 23 Nov 2021 3:40 pm
Read an article recently about trying to get tourist numbers up inTRNC, Now it seems they do not want people use bars and restaurants, not a good way to improve tourism.
To be fair, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Covid numbers are going up, also the likelihood of higher numbers during the winter period, the health system cannot cope with large numbers needing hospitalisation. At the same time, TL is in meltdown, the economy is shot to bits, and people here on low incomes are really suffering. They really have an unenviable task to try to juggle all of this.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Numbers of cases here are high every day now for some reason. They have to do something about it and quite rightly if they didn't those of us were still alive and well would be the first to moan about lack of action.

Basically it boils down to the same as every other Country. We cannot afford to have our hospitals full and unable to accept emergency patients. To do nothing risks us all whether we are vaccinated or not. Of course they want to get tourist numbers up but not at the risk of a full lock down again which is highly likely unless they can bring the numbers of new cases down.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 54 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

How can they expect to bring the numbers down when they allow thousands to go and watch an air display, with the majority not wearing masks and social distancing non-existent?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 54 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

teatime wrote:
Tue 23 Nov 2021 8:43 pm
How can they expect to bring the numbers down when they allow thousands to go and watch an air display, with the majority not wearing masks and social distancing non-existent?
Agree with you, there is no consistency. I was speaking to a friend about this exact thing, just after the air display. Am actually surprised that Covid numbers aren't much higher after that, although it does depend on people getting tested, so numbers could be a lot higher in reality.
At the end of the day, we can only do what we can to protect ourselves, and try not to get too worked up about those who do not take precautions and act irresponsibly.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 54 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

alphamike, you are so right about no consistency. We have to wear masks all the time in Church including when singing the hymns plus being socially distanced. I've never had any problem with mask wearing but I have to admit I start to feel really claustrophobic singing with a mask on. And yet I attended a meeting at at a Restaurant in Lapta last week and because of the awful weather there were no windows open and we were like sardines, not a mask in sight. However I guess we have to assume 95% were vaxed and boosted.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Well as yesterday the new cases recorded were 314 and two deaths and the number of new cases in the last 14 days were 3062 I think there is a very good reason for the new rules. Sadly the fact that the rules are not enforced properly if at all means that the numbers will increase as will the pressure to return to full lockdown.

We all know that you cannot rely on others to abide by simple rules so as ever our safety needs to be taken care of by us. I am sure not many of us drive round without a seat belt on with a young child on our lap. That is because we know that would do nothing to protect us. So it is our own choice where we go and what we do. Hence we use a Supermarket where they do check your ADA pass every time and ensure you are sanitised and temp tested. We only go to Restaurants where we know that the Social Distancing is adhered to and keep away from crowded places. Look after your own safety and just hope that those that don't care understand sooner than later thay they are the problem.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 54 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I can just imagine that wearing a mask when singing would be a bit of a hindrance. I don't like wearing a mask, but it's got to be done. Was worse in the heat, when the old face broke out, and it's bad enough at the best of times! :lol:
Afraid that I would have walked out of the meeting.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Dave G wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 11:00 am
I hope the government are going to open more test centers as the queues were horrendous before when only workers and non vaccinated people had to be tested, now that most of the population will want testing I think the test centers will be over run
Chemists and a lot more places are now able to do the antigen test for you but you do have to register on line.

https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

These are the places where you need the test result even if you are double vaccinated.
259717900_182763877403377_5988785288406363885_n.jpg

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

I’ve always wondered why I haven’t seen a government campaign to the effect that, “You may not feel you need to wear a mask but I need you to.”
After all, masks are not there to protect the wearer but rather the rest of us (:())

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Wed 24 Nov 2021 8:33 am
We have to wear masks all the time in Church including when singing the hymns…
Some might day the singing has improved tremendously w:)

(I suspect a (Oo) might be coming my way on Sunday!)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 54 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Well if nothing else, it’s good news for take away and delivery sales! Anywhere doing take away Christmas Dinners - lol?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 54 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I should duck when the D of M passes by, Mowgli597.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

In respect of the link below to register for the PCR/Antigen tests to enable us to enter various premises. When we registered it informs us to go to the Chemist of choice within three days for our test but also tells us that our ADA pass number is invalid. We thought this maybe because we had renewed our passports and the ADA pass number is the same as the passport number. Then our neighbour registered herself last night and it came up with the same story and yet her passport has not changed.

So I was wondering whether we had to register for a new ADA pass on the new system? I have checked with the BRS and can find no mention of this at all and they say they are checking with the Health Ministry to find out an answer. Has anyone else come across this please?

https://basvuru.lab.gov.ct.tr/?signup=true

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I registered myself and the wife for the Antigen test, I used the number under the QR code, mine came back saying the information did not match the Adapass but still no problem getting the test, the wife,s said al OK, been to the chemist this morning had the test got the results, also had my second booster yesterday and printer of the new adapass with the 4th jab included

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We had our tests done this morning despite the ADA pass number being wrong.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Can you just go to a chemist or clinic and have it done or do you have to register online?

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I registered on line, chose the chemist I wanted to go to, went to the chemist, they asked for our names, said yes they had our information (passport #) did the test and got the results via SMS 10 minutes later, showed out passport # date and time of test and results

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Panchocat wrote:
Fri 26 Nov 2021 10:11 pm
Can you just go to a chemist or clinic and have it done or do you have to register online?
If you read my post above yours it gives the answer and the link to register.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 54 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

chriswright03. I note your remarks (24th) about not entering restaurants, supermarkets etc who do not following the safety rules, but that being the case, where do we shop? Unfortunately on this side of Girne, I know of absolutely nowhere where tests are taken. Some dabble in it, with the occasional spray at the door, or a tatty notebook that hasn't been signed for days, or a temperature machine where the battery hasn't worked for weeks. The only store I know that follows instructions is Sha, miles from us. (There may be more, but I haven't found any)

In order to avoid karmel commenting, "I would like to be more positive on this particular subject, but sadly I am unable!!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

No I agree with you entirely. Sah is the only place I know of who actually do anything. However we still go out to eat to a couple of places where we feel safe. In that I mean laces that are not crowded and served by staff who wear a mask. Even of those places don't check anything on entry. As you rightly say if we only went to places where they adhered to ALL of the rules we wouldn't go anywhere. So it is a balancing act and only you can know where you feel safe.

As long as you stick to the basics about masks and hand washing it has to make you that little bit safer. Oh and before anyone says anything yes I know the mask is to prevent you giving it to others but seeing how they reckon you need to be in close proximity to someone for 15 minutes or more to contract the virus from them I think the general shopping should be fairly safe. Mind you in the Bank yesterday you could easily be there for more than 15 minutes!

I wonder how many people are wearing the same once only mask for days if not weeks on end?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 54 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

OoooH, I know loads of people, particularly those that are paid peanuts in food stores and other retail outlets. I don't know how they cope to be honest.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 54 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

But how many vaccinated are volunteering to take an antigen test?
I have heard from people its 40tl! Which is 2.85tl a day! About 15p if you go to a chemist.
My view is I try and keep within the guidelines, it's up to others what they do but maybe shops thinks we are all adults and maybe their customers should abide by what the government want as all they are trying to do is earn a living.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 54 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Well, snd1966, we have being going to pharmacist every two weeks, and yes we have been paying 40tl each. NOT 15TL.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

In theory if you want to eat inside you have to take one even if you are fully vaccinated. Not heard of anyone being checked yet though.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 54 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Thu 09 Dec 2021 8:26 am
Well, snd1966, we have being going to pharmacist every two weeks, and yes we have been paying 40tl each. NOT 15TL.
A day! 15pence 2.85 tl

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 54 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Went our for dinner last night, and asked for my Adapass (only time I have been asked for it anywhere) - partner did not have his but was allowed to stay. Good. I presume if you are eating food you cannot be infected - fully vacc'd doesn't mean anything!!! There is enough problem for cafes and restaurants to keep going.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thing is it isn't just the Ada pass they should be asking for now it is the result of your Antigen test as well.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 54 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 11 Dec 2021 11:17 am
Thing is it isn't just the Ada pass they should be asking for now it is the result of your Antigen test as well.
But if scanned it's supposed to be updated unless like me created an adapass before being vaccinated so probably loads like me. So it's all a load of bull and maybe we should all take responsibility for ourselves. Talk with your feet
Unfortunately a human trait we don't all abide by guidelines therefore that's why laws are made. Perfect world otherwise and no government officials required.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I only know of one place that actually scans them let alone even asks to see it. We do vote with our feet and only go where it isn't crowded. If we only ever went to somewhere that follows the rules our evening meal would be in SAH supermarket!

Going to have my hair cut next week and I bet I am not asked to show an Ada pass there either. Our lives still have to go on so we follow the rules but ensure we also follow our own safety hygiene regime as well.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Enacting new rules is easy but without ensuring their application it is a waste of time. Went to the function at the Ambassodors Friday evening and were not asked for our antigen tests or Adapass. Considering that this function was in aid of a medical charity I would have expected better.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 54 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

We are flying in twm fully jabed and Covid pass, will be here for a month do we have to get tests done whilst we're here?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 54 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

war horse wrote:
Sun 12 Dec 2021 1:44 pm
We are flying in twm fully jabed and Covid pass, will be here for a month do we have to get tests done whilst we're here?
You should be fine for the first fortnight showing your UK documents, after that, goodness knows.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 54 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

Thanks, thought we would be, but as you say???? After that ???? (:())

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 54 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 11 Dec 2021 2:08 pm
I only know of one place that actually scans them let alone even asks to see it. We do vote with our feet and only go where it isn't crowded. If we only ever went to somewhere that follows the rules our evening meal would be in SAH supermarket!

Going to have my hair cut next week and I bet I am not asked to show an Ada pass there either. Our lives still have to go on so we follow the rules but ensure we also follow our own safety hygiene regime as well.
went to Driftwood on the Lapta strip,
Everyone asked for Ada pass to be scanned.
Good food, lovely location and great staff.
Thank you all.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

It astonishes me that the general feeling here seems to be that those establishments where the correct procedures (at the time) are being observed are praised and held up as good examples.

The last two Sundays in St Andrew’s church have seen people harassing those members of the church charged with checking that the requirements are being met, and keeping the congregation as safe as possible.

Of course the comments made are the usual ones: “You are supposed to be Christians.”; “Are you calling me a liar - my paperwork/phone is at home.” Comments made verbally at the time and, I believe, subsequently on “social media” (though personally I wouldn’t touch the latter with the proverbial barge pole).

Damned if you do, and dammed if you don’t.

Incidentally, if you want to attend the Service of Nine Lessons and Carols next Sunday (19th) at 4:00pm your Adapass must show at least three vaccinations and you must be in possession of a PCR/antigen negative test result that is <=14 days old. And have documentary/electronic evidence of both.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 54 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

your Adapass must show at least three vaccinations
Why three? A lot of people, including me, aren't due their first booster until next year. I had my 1st jab - Astrazeneca as early as I was able, same with my 2nd in July, not due (have been refused) my 1st booster until January.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Apologies. You’re correct. It depends on the type of vaccine and the date of the last dose.

As I’ve previously posted requirements for entry to St Andrew’s can be found here.

In all honesty expecting people to check this at the door of a venue is unreasonable IMHO but that’s what the regulations require.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 54 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Last night overhearing a conversation someone advising it's not worth having a test as if you test positive your Christmas would be ruined as you are carted off to a hotel. But obviously if these people are carriers and being allowed in places every one else is at risk. It's a big joke my husband and I sit outside dressed in layers and keep in our own company. Another human trait fear of the unknown.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 54 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

13roman58 wrote:
Sun 12 Dec 2021 4:01 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 11 Dec 2021 2:08 pm

went to Driftwood on the Lapta strip,
Everyone asked for Ada pass to be scanned.
Good food, lovely location and great staff.
Thank you all.
Did they check at Driftwood or was it people asking for them to be scanned? Lovely food there.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”