General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

UK now moved to Red

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

From the 29th November anyone who arrives from the UK or Northern Ireland will have to quarantine at home for 7 days.

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: UK now moved to Red

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

I think it is unclear about fully vaccinated .

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by cambridge »

More interesting is why they would move the UK to Red when they are possibly doing better than other European nations who remain in amber?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Sun 21 Nov 2021 5:24 pm
From the 29th November anyone who arrives from the UK or Northern Ireland will have to quarantine at home for 7 days.
It's only the unvaccinated who have to quarantine, vaccinated need to have negative PCR test within 72 hours of travelling. BRS accidentally put out the wrong information, if that's where you read it.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Where does it say PCR test before travelling. Can't find those facts anywhere.
Surely the antigen test which you pay online and you take at the north border is still in force

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

TRNC
https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/TRAVEL-RULES

RED;

VACCINATED or HAVE HAD THE DISEASE;
Pre-departure negative PCR result from the last 72 hours.

UNVACCINATED;
Pre-departure negative PCR result from the last 72 hours.
7 days quarantine.
Covid-19 test to be performed at the end of quarantine.

RoC
https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/pass ... for-a-test

Red Category

If you are traveling to the Republic of Cyprus:
  • from a Country categorized in the Red Category (Origin Country of departure by any means of transport) or
  • if you have stayed/ lived in a Red Category Country(ies) within the last 14 days before your trip to the Republic of Cyprus from a Green or Orange Category country or
  • you will be passengers on an international trip to the Republic of Cyprus from a Green or an Orange Category, via an intermediate Country (ies) of the Red Category with an overnight stay or
  • you will be a passenger on an international trip to the Republic of Cyprus, from a country of the Red Category via an intermediate Country (ies) of the Grey (Special Permission) Category, without overnight stay,
according to the relevant categorization of Countries announced by Republic of Cyprus, you have to perform a second COVID-19 test upon your entry to the Republic of Cyprus and you will personally pay the cost of this second COVID-19 laboratory test (you are required to self-isolate until you receive the results of your test).

If also the result of the second Covid-19 test, performed upon your arrival in the Republic of Cyprus, is negative, you will not remain in a state of compulsory self - isolation or quarantine.

In case you belong to at least one of following the passenger categories (Paragraph A) and in case of passengers referred on numbers 1 and 2 of Paragraph A you fulfill one of the conditions (Paragraph B), who have been given the option to undergo only one COVID-19 laboratory test, upon arrival to the Republic of Cyprus:
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Travelling on the 29th from UK to ercan.
Does that mean I now have to pay the extortionate PCR test price before I leave or will antigen at the border suffice

CPFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by CPFC »

Hello all

Can I clarify please..

I was planning a short break in a couple of weeks - flying into and out of Larnaca. I now need a PCR test (within 72 hours) and I will be tested again when I land in Larnaca (if so is this another PCR test) and then on my return I need to get a further test (lateral flow?) to allow me to cross from North to South?

Many thanks

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

susiesusie wrote:
Sun 21 Nov 2021 8:50 pm
Travelling on the 29th from UK to ercan.
Does that mean I now have to pay the extortionate PCR test price before I leave or will antigen at the border suffice
The new rules Soner put up come into force 29th, so unfortunately yes and upload the pcr results on the new app within 72 hrs of arrival.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

It says "you are required to self isolate until you receive your results " my question is, if you are coming to the North, where are you expected to self isolate.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Well .. flying on the 29th back to ercan . Left 9 days ago for a bereavement via the north total of over 400 pounds on flights rather than use south which was less than 100 pounds. Another 60 pounds now on a PCR test in the UK so I can return to the north.
What a shambles.
When I arrive I can't go into an indoor restaurant and bar as I have not had my 3rd jab which is not due yet!!!
Farcical.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Dave G wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 6:40 am
It says "you are required to self isolate until you receive your results " my question is, if you are coming to the North, where are you expected to self isolate.
Always unclear information given out. I assume that the test will be an Antigen Test, which will be done at Airport and results given out within 30 minutes. They may direct you to a designated area whilst waiting for your results.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

susiesusie wrote:
Mon 22 Nov 2021 9:44 am
Well .. flying on the 29th back to ercan . Left 9 days ago for a bereavement via the north total of over 400 pounds on flights rather than use south which was less than 100 pounds. Another 60 pounds now on a PCR test in the UK so I can return to the north.
What a shambles.
When I arrive I can't go into an indoor restaurant and bar as I have not had my 3rd jab which is not due yet!!!
Farcical.
Get your 3rd jab when you arrive, if due by then. Can get done same day. It's all crazy, but we have to live with it for now.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Not due until January.
Now what? Just stay in until then I suppose .

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

susiesusie, you have no problem entering establishment with your current vaccinations as they are still valid, it's only if you have not had your booster jad once it comes due, I know with the AZ vaccine that is 6 months after the second jab which for most people like yourself will be in January

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”