General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Booster vac

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

How long after a second vaccination do you have to wait for a booster and do they inform me,my second sinovac was august (:())

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Booster vac

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

They don't contact you but according to the rules for getting vaccines/boosters below you are due your booster 3 months after your 2nd Sinovac
You can just turn up at most vaccinations centres, like Girne state hospital or Suat Gunsel Hospital for your booster.

1. Unvaccinated persons aged 12-18 Biontech

2. Unvaccinated persons aged 18 and over Biontech/Sinovac/Johnson & Johnson( Janssen)

3. Over the age of 18, 2 doses of Sinovac and 3 months have passed, 3. dose of Biontech/Sinovac

4. Over the age of 18, 2 doses of Biontech and those who have been 6 months old are 3rd dose of Biontech

5. Those aged 18 years and over who have received 2 doses of Astra Zeneca vaccine and 6 months have passed, 3. dose Biontech

6. Those aged 18 and over who have been vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson 3 months later, 2nd dose Biontech/ Johnson & Johnson( Janssen)

7. At least 1 month has passed since the 3rd dose 4th dose Biontech

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Thanks mine is due then,so I can just turn up

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

(:())
Hammerhead wrote:
Tue 23 Nov 2021 6:45 pm
Thanks mine is due then,so I can just turn up
Yes.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

After our second Sinovac jab in March we were told to go for the booster in six months. We had it in September. Sinovac again. Does that now mean it doesn't count as they are now saying three months after second jab. I thinking I am losing the plot!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Panchocat, our own experiences of getting the 4th (or second) booster jab have proven to me that the best advice I can give you is to take your vaccination (green) card and your passport to the Girne State hospital and ask the “experts” in there at the vaccination point.

You can go to any vaccination point and receive different information from each, which will only add to your confusion - proven by our own experiences - but on current knowledge, go with BioNTech but not till 3 months after your last jab! The 3 month period seems to be standard for all booster jabs.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Thanks Waddo. Because of my anaphylaxis I am wary of the mRNA shots. If I have to have it it will definitely be in a hospital just in case.......

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”