General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

General Water pool valve

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Is anyone aware of a pool supplies company in the North that stocks General Water valves please? The valve is blue and white if that helps!

gates
Business contributing to forum

Re: General Water pool valve

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

They all supply valves but if you have a leak the wrong side of the valve then its a pool empty job. Best check empty pool leave empty till next year just before use then saving on electric water and pool cleaning and chemicals. That will then pay for the water refill

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Thanks for the info but just need to replace the valve.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

JoandJelly wrote:
Thu 25 Nov 2021 11:51 am
Thanks for the info but just need to replace the valve.
Have you tried Pooltech, have seen many valves in their shop: https://www.kibrishavuzmarket.com/vanalar-pmk130
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Two types of valves in your pump room. The 4 isolation valves that are fitted to the 4 pipes that come through the floor of the pump room and the big multi port valve that is located between the pump and sand filter. The isolation valves can be sought from most Yapi markets the multi port valve from a dedicated pool supplier. All these valves are solvent welded in place (glued). Parts for the multi port valve can in a lot of cases be bought as spares. A word of caution regarding the isolation valves, although the pipe size are standard the nuts / threads of one manufacturer will almost certainly not fit that of another so you are unlikely to be able to just change just the main valve body of a new one with that of an existing keeping the existing nuts and the the solvent welded part in place. Replacing the isolation valve from the balance tank would only mean draining the balance tank. Replacing the isolation valve from the vacuum port would only mean dropping the pool level down to below the port. The replacement of the other two valves would mean a full pool drain!

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Thanks for the replies. I probably didn't make myself clear. The make of the valve in question is "General Water". I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this brand here and knows where it can be bought. We haven't tried Pooltech yet (thanks Soner) as we are in Karşıyaka.
IMG-20211125-WA0000.jpg

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi Joan jelly, your photos shows the body of a isolation valve. Never heard of the make or seen one like it. I think you will be very lucky to find one that is identical. If I recall these are generally a two inch valve. Any similar size one will be available from most yapi stores but you will need to cut out the complete valve so you will need a new valve and two straight connectors. Hope this helps.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

JoandJelly wrote:
Thu 25 Nov 2021 9:20 pm
Thanks for the replies. I probably didn't make myself clear. The make of the valve in question is "General Water". I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this brand here and knows where it can be bought. We haven't tried Pooltech yet (thanks Soner) as we are in Karşıyaka.

IMG-20211125-WA0000.jpg
Checked all over the internet last night, not a sausage. Seems like company may no longer exist.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Thanks for all your replies. I thought it was a long shot but always worth asking.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

That's what's fantastic about Kibkom, it generally has the answers. If you do replace the complete valve be aware that some manufacturers put a directional arrow for the flow on the body of the valve.

gates

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Take valve with you to shop. If you try different manufacturers they might fit the thread 🧵. I have done this on few occasions and been successful worth a try

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”