General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Only 1/3 of Restaurants indoor area to be used

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I'm sure I saw that from 29th November only 1/3 of the indoor area of restaurants can be used, if this is the case it will devastate the restaurants business but nobody seems to be discussing this, do people think this won't happen

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Only 1/3 of Restaurants indoor area to be used

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Not seen that anywhere but then i only read official notices not gossip

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

Dave G wrote:
Sat 27 Nov 2021 2:20 pm
I'm sure I saw that from 29th November only 1/3 of the indoor area of restaurants can be used, if this is the case it will devastate the restaurants business but nobody seems to be discussing this, do people think this won't happen

I've read this, unworkable for those with small inside space..... more closed businesses I guess.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Nobody pays any attention to any of it .

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

That was always the case - indoor venues could only use 1/3 of the available space. And 3 sq m per person (no “bubbles”) indoors.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Think what will happen if it turns out not to be a rumour. Those places that have a terrace, particularly on the seafront, will erect thick plastic sheeting all around, turn on the gas heaters and call it "outside". Problem solved.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

You only have to see on social media all the birthday parties etc going on no social distancing at all.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Found it

It is not a rumor

Decisions taken at meeting on 17 November 21, by the Contagious Diseases Committee

SECTORS
1) Restaurants, cafes etc etc, will use maximum of 1/3 of indoor areas. Tables must be placed with 2M between them.

I know this was the case at the beginning of the year but I thought it was dropped when all of the curfews and most other restrictions were dropped

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Some times the rules are never officially stopped as such just new ones made. As an example I don't think even when the curfew in the day was lifted that it was mentioned that you could be out without a mask in the street. Once upon a time people were being reported for being out and about without a mask.

As you say I don't think the 1/3 capacity has ever been officially lifted. Not that it was ever enforced anywhere anyway but equally the places we go to are never that full and the tables still were placed apart.

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

I stand to be corrected, I took the information from a Facebook forum translation that is issued every time new decision are made but when I look on the KKTC Saglik Bakanligi facebook site and the decisions listed there, there is no mention of the 1/3 rule for restaurants it only mentions one person will be taken for every 3m2 in closed areas, I think the Facebook forum information has just been carried over every time it was issued.

Sorry for the wrong information, I will not be looking at the Facebook forum again I will get my information directly from the KKTC Saglik Bakanligi site

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

One of the big problems is getting reliable trustworthy information here. Facebook is a minefield of opinion but not a lot of actual facts. Even local ones for Ex Pats here as well as the Admin may try to control it they are full of the same question asked time and time again which leads to people offering an opinion which is often gained from their neighbour's 3rd Uncle removed dog!

Not forgetting a lot of it is still open to interpretation both of language and intent. So if there was any actual checking of premises by the Authorities you cannot guarantee they are all singing from the same Hymn sheet.

Fact is the cases here as with all other Countries are still increasing and showing no sign of abating. Something has to be done but I think we all know full well here little will be done in the way of enforcement so it still remains for us to look after ourselves the best way we can.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”