General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Telstar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency processing time

•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Telstar »

Does anyone know if there is an extra delay in residency processing. Medical insurance is complete The process page is still showing awaiting immigration.. It hasn't been this long before. The online application went in on 24th Sept. and the subsequent visit to the Police on the 5th Oct. The phone no's 0392 6111013 and 17 aren't answering and the '0' for operator is looping. İs anyone else in the same 'boat'?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency processing time

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Some people are talking about 12 weeks and more so no need to worry just yet. If you are intending on leaving the island for any length of time it is possible to book an appointment on line to visit immigration. https://randevu.icisleri.gov.ct.tr/VATA ... ture=en-US

Some people have just turned up at the office with their flight tickets and spoke to someone in the enquiry desk and it was sorted within minutes.

So in answer to your last question yes many of us are. We are in the system and as long as we don't leave the Country which we have no intention of doing at the moment there is no problem and I am quite happy to wait. I just log on once a week to see if anything has moved on.

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

I'm at 60% and have been for some time. I've left the country and will pick it up again in Feb when back in TRNC.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Friends also attended the police station on 5th or 6th October and haven't been asked to pay their state insurance yet, just sitting on 50%.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

You can leave for up to 60 days without penalty (was 30) .
If you are leaving for longer, as advised, you will have to go to immigration,
Good luck.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

come_on_aylin wrote:
Thu 02 Dec 2021 1:33 pm
Friends also attended the police station on 5th or 6th October and haven't been asked to pay their state insurance yet, just sitting on 50%.
It took four weeks for us to be asked to pay for the insurance.

DarkAli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by DarkAli »

Had ours this morning, been in since mid September

Telstar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Telstar »

Thank you for the replies. We have been here permanently for 18 years . Just seems a lot longer than usual. Thanks again.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Telstar wrote:
Thu 02 Dec 2021 3:17 pm
Thank you for the replies. We have been here permanently for 18 years . Just seems a lot longer than usual. Thanks again.
Seems to be a bit of a lottery. We had our police appointment on 14th September, paid state insurance 22nd September and received residency 12th November. Similar timeline for 3 other friends who applied within 3 weeks of us, not sure what happens to some applications, they seem to disappear.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Telstar wrote:
Thu 02 Dec 2021 3:17 pm
That will because it is all computerised now and easier!

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Go along to immigration, no appointment necessary, let them know you've been waiting for a while, and it will be complete by 9am the next morning. Had a similar issue, had waited 7 weeks, went and she said check in the morning!

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

13roman58 wrote:
Thu 02 Dec 2021 2:13 pm
You can leave for up to 60 days without penalty (was 30) .
If you are leaving for longer, as advised, you will have to go to immigration,
Good luck.
I'll be gone for 90 odd this time as I was last year - and I paid when I was still in UK no problem.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Don't take for granted what happened last time will be the same this time. They are enforcing the 60 days and it will mean as well as a fine you will have to start it all over again.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

ginge wrote:
Sat 04 Dec 2021 1:31 am

I'll be gone for 90 odd this time as I was last year - and I paid when I was still in UK no problem.
Interesting, I was under the impression that you couldn't access the website from outwith TRNC. Of course, I could well be getting confused with something else. :roll:
Mine is through for this year anyway now, and did take forever. Wasn't too fussed though, as I had no plans to travel anywhere.

Chris makes a good point, as they are hammering down on things nowadays, when before they tended to let things slide. Personally, I'd be making sure residency was through before leaving the country, for peace of mind.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

alphamike wrote:
Sat 04 Dec 2021 7:29 am
ginge wrote:

Interesting, I was under the impression that you couldn't access the website from outwith TRNC. Of course, I could well be getting confused with something else. :roll:
Mine is through for this year anyway now, and did take forever. Wasn't too fussed though, as I had no plans to travel anywhere.

Chris makes a good point, as they are hammering down on things nowadays, when before they tended to let things slide. Personally, I'd be making sure residency was through before leaving the country, for peace of mind.
Shame that the powers that be aren't "hammering down on things" regarding the online processing of residence applications, isnt it.....instead of letting "things slide"? (:Z)(

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

alphamike wrote:
ginge wrote:

You are right you cannot access the website from outside of the TRNC and they will not process your application whilst you are out of the country. This happened to me in October and I was given 30 days on re-entry at Ercan. My residency was finally approved on day 29 following much chasing. I started my renewal on 2nd July.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I doubt many of us will argue with that JCB!

ginge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by ginge »

alphamike wrote:
ginge wrote:

Yep - a friend has my trnc mobile and logs in and pays from there.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

ginge wrote:
Sat 04 Dec 2021 12:18 pm

Yep - a friend has my trnc mobile and logs in and pays from there.
Thanks for clarifying, as it sounded as you had done it in UK.
They do appear to be halting processing residency though if you are out of the country nowadays.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thank J&J, thought that was the case, but I do sometimes get confused.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”