Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell useage/top up

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Just been to top up friends phones here who are in the UK
Told that you now have 2 months maximum and not 3months To top up before your number is out of service.
Thanks turkcell for not informing your customers. Now have to get new SIM when they come over.
Yes .. I know they could have topped up from the UK . However . Had it down as 3 months. Beware .. if not already aware

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkcell useage/top up

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

That's a bit off that they haven't put a message out about the change.
Think your friends should maybe consider going on the basic contract when they get back. I don't know what the basic monthly will be by then, but thinks it's around 6TL just now and pay monthly online from wherever they are. They can always add a weekly/monthly package whilst here if needed.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

How much do you need to top up by in order to "not" lose the number. If you have credit, do you still have to top up or do they just take from the credit?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

No idea re top up amount, but understand that even if you do have credit remaining, that doesn't matter, you still have to top up periodically.
The help section on the website hasn't been updated to show any change in time frame.
https://www.kktcell.com/yardim/hattiniz ... et_yukleme

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Friend just arrived. Bought a phone and turkcell told him 2 months also.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks SS, have informed friends currently in UK, so that they can top up online, unless they are too late of course. :roll:

Terri299
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Terri299 »

If the top up window is now 2 months not 3 you didn’t lose the number as long as you top up within 6 months. Is this still the same? Also once topped up any remaining credit is re-instated so not lost. Minimum top up was 40 lira but that may have changed.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

This is from the website

What should I do to continue using your prepaid line?

- After receiving your line on prepaid lines, the line is activated by sending an SMS or making a call.
- In order to extend the life of the line, within the first 60 days after your line is active, top-up must be loaded or packages must be loaded with a credit card from pos devices, kktcell.com, my mobile account application. After the first top-up/package top-up, the 300-day lifetime begins.
- If the credit card is not loaded on the line within 90 days, the package is not loaded from the pos device/kktcell.com/cep account application, the line will be closed for making calls. If the credit card is not loaded or the package is not loaded within the second 90 days, the incoming call of the line is also closed.
- When the line enters the 3rd period, if no credits or packages are loaded on the line within 120 days, the line is deleted from the system.
- In case of no top-up or package-loading in any of the above-mentioned life periods, the line will be deleted from the system and the line cannot be activated by re-loading credits or packages.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

All I can say is that they are not adhering to the website statement. Just go in the shop and ask. 2months is the answer. I tried after 2 months but we'll before 3 and was discontinued.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Just logged on to my Turkcell account and it shows all the dates and explanations, I still seem to have 90 day intervals between the various cut off dates.
IMG_20211219_125925.png
I then topped up the minimum amount 600 units for ₺39 (unfortunately forgot I was using mobile data)
And my account details changed to this:
IMG_20211219_130533.png
so no change to the intervals.

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Thanks for that. Will go into another turkcell shop and ask. Defo cut me off after just over 2months on both our phones

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

susiesusie wrote:
Sun 19 Dec 2021 1:09 pm
Thanks for that. Will go into another turkcell shop and ask. Defo cut me off after just over 2months on both our phones
Could you try logging into your account? I also checked my husband's account today.

Go to https://www.kktcell.com/en
On right hand side, near top, there is a symbol showing a head inside a circle (next to shopping trolley symbol)
Click the head symbol
The login page is displayed
***Type in your mobile number (where it says GSM no), then click send password. You'll get a text with 6 digit password, type in password and submit.
The next screen displayed has remaining units displayed with a > symbol next to it, click that symbol and you'll see the screen that I copied above.

***if you get a message saying wrong password at this point, in the area where it says one time password click the downward arrow and select super password. Then text the word SIFRE to 8780, you will receive a text with a 6 digit password which you enter.

I think the super password is for 1st time logins, one time password should work after that - that's my theory anyway.

waterline
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waterline »

Could you try logging into your account? I also checked my husband's account today.

Go to https://www.kktcell.com/en
On right hand side, near top, there is a symbol showing a head inside a circle (next to shopping trolley symbol)
Click the head symbol
The login page is displayed
***Type in your mobile number (where it says GSM no), then click send password. You'll get a text with 6 digit password, type in password and submit.
The next screen displayed has remaining units displayed with a > symbol next to it, click that symbol and you'll see the screen that I copied above.

***if you get a message saying wrong password at this point, in the area where it says one time password click the downward arrow and select super password. Then text the word SIFRE to 8780, you will receive a text with a 6 digit password which you enter.

I think the super password is for 1st time logins, one time password should work after that - that's my theory anyway.
[/quote]

Thank you for that. I have been using Cep Hesabim which does not show my last top-up but it is shown here. I am showing 7 months until my line can be canceled. I will be topping up in a few days.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. (John Lennon)

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Thank you for that. I have been using Cep Hesabim which does not show my last top-up but it is shown here. I am showing 7 months until my line can be canceled. I will be topping up in a few days.
Glad it worked for you.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

trying to login from the uk, have entered my north cyprus number but can't receive a password, any ideas forum? thanks

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”