General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ercan Airport

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Anyone got any information about what is happening - or what has been proposed to happen - to Ercan Airport? I am hearing local people talking about Ercan becoming a possession of Turkey to allow International Flights? Have also seen on Yeniduzen today Mr Akinci saying - "Akıncı said, "Are we in the mood to rejoice that Ercan will be made a domestic line and take one more step in the process of becoming a province?" but can not find any other information on this.

Not trying to spread any alarm or despondency - or hope - just interested in what is happening right now!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ercan Airport

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

waddo wrote:
Tue 18 Jan 2022 8:21 am
Anyone got any information about what is happening - or what has been proposed to happen - to Ercan Airport? I am hearing local people talking about Ercan becoming a possession of Turkey to allow International Flights? Have also seen on Yeniduzen today Mr Akinci saying - "Akıncı said, "Are we in the mood to rejoice that Ercan will be made a domestic line and take one more step in the process of becoming a province?" but can not find any other information on this.

Not trying to spread any alarm or despondency - or hope - just interested in what is happening right now!
https://lgcnews.com/talks-to-change-erc ... ic-status/

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks for that. Right now then it is just another idea and IMO not a very realistic one at that. Firstly it depends on which party wins the elections outright, not a forgone conclusion at this time I think.

Grasping at straws to get votes springs to mind in the hopes that the public can not see the bigger picture. Just interesting times once more?
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Think of all the cheap booze which would be carried to Turkey without customs from to Ercan to wherever on the mainland! A non-runner stupid idea!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Suspect its just the usual pre election rhetoric.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

waddo wrote:
Tue 18 Jan 2022 8:21 am
... I am hearing local people talking about Ercan becoming a possession of Turkey to allow International Flights?....
Whatever else, I don't think that would happen - TRNC isn't recognised as an entity/individual state/country/whatever, so it (and Ercan) definitely won't be recognised as a province/provincial airport of Türkiye...
(Note new approved spelling... :-) )

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”