General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

ozbey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Home Internet by Telsim or Turkcell

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ozbey »

I am considering changing my provider to one of these.
Is any one using this in the Ozankoy, Catalkoy area?
What are the speeds and reliability like?
What is the customer service like when there is a problem?
Any other comments, good or bad would be appreciated.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Home Internet by Telsim or Turkcell

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Very happy with my Turkcell internet 20 mgb no problems so far so cant comment on customer service.

ozbey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ozbey »

Thanks very much Deniz, tat is encouraging.
What area are you in?
How much are you paying for 20Mbps?
Any buffering when streaming TV at busy times?
Thanks again.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Im in Catalkoy I paid for a year think it was 1500 tl including the router about 5 months ago. I dont use it for tv.

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

We are in Ozankoy. Tried Telsim very poor. Kept buffering at peak times. Customer service terrible. Changed to Extend. So far very good

ozbey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ozbey »

Thanks for all your comments.
Please keep them coming.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I am in Catalkoy and on Turkcell Home Internet, I have no problems with the service at all and have been with them for 3 or 4 months now. It costs me 99TL per month for the 20Mb - no buffering or choke of speeds - package. I did not pay it as a single price but stuck with the monthly fee for the first year to see what it was like. The installation was very good and the team comes to you first to check if you can get a strong enough signal before anything else happens. I am fortunate that I can actually see the tower where my signal comes from and that may make a big difference!

Installation was fast and they cleaned up afterwards as well. I used my existing router and cable that was already in place to the receiver of a previous provider. The old providers equipment was removed from my roof and given to me - I still have it and still await collection of it by the old provider!!

I use Cosmos IPTV mainly to watch F1 live and that was perfect. I tried Sky Movies yesterday around 14:00 to 16:00 and had no problems at all but have not used it at night as I mainly watch films/series that I download during the day.

All in all, for the cost of 1188TL (£65 ish) a year I have no complaints at all - so far. Certainly far cheaper than the 4000+TL that my old provider wanted for this year and does the job just as well if not better.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

I am a new Turkcell internet user in Karsiyaka (coastal side) and, to be honest, today has been awful all day. No online response as yet from support centre. We shall see.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

2Jays wrote:
Wed 19 Jan 2022 5:27 pm
I am a new Turkcell internet user in Karsiyaka (coastal side) and, to be honest, today has been awful all day. No online response as yet from support centre. We shall see.
Quite possibly weather conditions out west affecting the service today. I wonder if the wind has moved your signal receiver. Have seen this happen at a friend’s villa in Karşıyaka, hill side. Only has to be slightly out of true for the signal quality to degrade.

Btw, our Turkcell service in Karşıyaka has been trouble free all day. We are in direct line of sight to the antenna up high beyond Güzelyalı. Just hoping the wind does not move our signal receiver on the roof.

Phone Turkcell rather than trying to communicate via online platform.
libens volens potens

2Jays
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by 2Jays »

a1sysman:

If I had not communicated my issue on this online platform then you would not have been in a position to advise that your service, also in Karsiyaka, had been trouble free all day.

I therefore found your comment regarding my issue, on this platform, informative & helpful.

To date the telephone support has also been less than good: a day after installation, and to solve a Wi-Fi issue that had occurred with the modem, I was asked to take the modem into a service location in Kyrenia! (Which I did & the issue was resolved).

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Could be related to continued power cuts in that area no power no wi fi

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

I have tried several internet providers but as its all provided by the same supplier have grown tired of changing I’m currently with telsim customer service / service not the best ( they answer the phone and are polite’ish ) but don’t believe that any of the others are any different . Sometimes it’s just a case of who you talk to on the day the two that you have mentioned are near enough the same price ( the 90tl per month is possibly linked with a phone number contract ) both have issues with peek times

Good luck

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Can I keep my 533 number with telsim

Ace123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Ace123 »

I believe you can yes

Telstar
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Telstar »

I've had life cell since it started. They use English equipment made in England by Cambrian. Some issues over the few years they have been operating but nothing serious. Remember too they don't lease lines from others, they have their own, they are Turkcell using "Turk" telecom and its getting better and will no doubt be the first to go gigabit when it arrives whenever the government allows it.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”