General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Health Insurance-Residency

•   Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

The costs associated with residence applications, in this case health insurance, has been increased by 83%, to 700 tl for one year and 1400 tl for two years.

This applies even if you have started your residency and not yet paid for health insurance, what a hike that is! (:"() (>:)(

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Health Insurance-Residency

•   Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

They can't blame the cost of imports for this hike can they?

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Its always been 10% of the minimum wage. Hence the increase. Still cheap.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

That's it Deniz1. It does seem a bit unfair though for those who have been waiting to make payment for months. However, it is what it is, and you have to pay if you want residency.

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

1400 tl = £76.83 at today's exchange rate, cheap is it not !!

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

Not talking about the value just the fact that it's up 83%
If goods in a shop went up by that amount the Government would be all over them for 'profiteering'
TML
The Mountie always gets his man

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

torontomapleleaf wrote:
Sat 22 Jan 2022 12:00 pm
Not talking about the value just the fact that it's up 83%
If goods in a shop went up by that amount the Government would be all over them for 'profiteering'
TML
Correct, some on this forum were complaining about price rises in the shops when the lira hit 24. The likes of gas bottles. chicken Etc.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

tutor4u wrote:
Sat 22 Jan 2022 10:35 am
1400 tl = £76.83 at today's exchange rate, cheap is it not !!
That is for two years. So just over £38 for a year in the whole scheme of things isn't expensive but as the OP rightly says the rise is huge. If it is in line with the minimum wage increase then all well and good except how many locals here are actually getting paid the minimum wage? Talk of even Council workers not being paid for weeks.

Also don't forget they removed the option of purchasing your own health insurance to count towards the residency. I cannot recall what I was paying for a year privately but is certainly wasn't much if any more than the increase.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

As I am over the age limit I cannot get private insurance any way so this is better than nothing.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Yeah not that far off it myself but I did have it for this year and was then made aware it was not accepted any more. Not sure that there is much difference in the cover because mine was for emergency healthcare only but it did include some fee stuff like dental checks and the like.

No matter we were lucky and got in before the huge price rise.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Yes but you can use emergency services don’t think it that much. Take a taxi probably same price one journey

Milly7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Milly7 »

Hi

Can someone explain this thread to me please. Im getting confused!

Is Health Insurance not subject related?

I am fact finding at present in order to move to North Cyprus. I am finding conflicting advice on the internet.

As a single female in her 50s.....what is the residency fee and health insurance per year please?

:)

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Health insurance is the price stated at the top of this thread. It is not subject related, it is the same price for everyone. It really only covers emergency care and if you want anything else then you would take private cover out which would be more expensive and to some extent subject related.

Costs outlined below.

Blood Tests (Applicants Under 60 years of age) 240tl

State Health Insurance (Mandatory) 10% of the Minimum Monthly Wage - Currently 700tl per annum (1400tl if for two years).

Residency Charge 500tl per annum (plus tax stamp

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Milly7, probably your best and most informative way to go would be to Google "Moving permanently/temporarily to TRNC" That way most of the information you will need is in one place. Going on to a Forum means you will obtain information in dribs and drabs, and not always correct!!!

cyprus2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

Post by cyprus2016 »

Benjaminbutton, I'm sure that you do not mean to suggest to Milly7 that she should seek the information she needs elsewhere, as it does give the impression that this is now little more than a chit-chat site for a handful of regulars who like to whinge-on about prices, TRNC corruption, how to get a cash-in-hand gardener/cleaner/builder and where to buy a bacon sandwich on 'British' white bread!

Milly7 did say she was researching a move to TRNC and has I believe asked on other expat sites about the TRNC and received predictably, the usual RoC hostile - bordering on racist - nonsense of a Turkish military occupation force on a Greek island. Someone even compared day to day life to Northern Ireland during the worst of the IRA atrocities.

Kibkom has in the past been a great site for information and people's personal experiences of settling on the island's northern republic and it would be sad if those with the knowledge chose now for whatever reason, to keep it to themselves. It is of course possible to browse many useful previous entries on the topic (there was an interesting and lively one on moving to TRNC back in February 2021 that provided much essential information) but as the residency situation since Britain's E.U departure is somewhat fluid, past entries can quickly become obsolete, as indeed do many of the results from internet searches generally.
“Caysiz sohbet, aysiz gok yuzu gibidir”

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

cyprus 2016, I am not knocking Kibkom in any way whatsover, I too have picked up some extremely useful information, but I do believe there can be as many points of view as there are Forums, drop Facebook into the mix plus some other Newsletters and the information relayed can be mind boggling. Obtaining information straight from the horses mouth can often save a lot of time and heartache.

SATRANÇ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

Post by SATRANÇ »

Milly7 www.infonorthcyprus.com is always a good place to gain valuable insight in my view.

A wealth of information to help you!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

To be fair it isn't actually possible let alone advisable to do all your research in one place. Much of what you will find is opinion and much of that is based on what the person posting has gathered from other's opinions. On here there are a lot of very genuine people who post to help others and their posts can be relied upon. There are of course others.

Much of what is posted even on the Government's own web pages is difficult to decipher whether that be due to translation or interpretation. As for Facebook Groups well less said the better really because they are not contolled well enough by the owners to make the information totally reliable.

Even the BRS own web site has numerous mistakes when you are looking for information. If in doubt just go and look if you can. Much of the information is plainly wrong (Traffic Laws) and then much of it is outdated.

There are a lot of members on here who are genuine and help as much as is possible where they can and that is where I look for information first each time. On top of all that the answer to any given question may well be right today but that often changes quicker than possible to keep a track of what is going on.

In simple terms it isn't simple!

cyprus2016
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

Post by cyprus2016 »

I agree, Chriswright03 that it is essential to use a number of sources to obtain the most accurate and relevant information. My point though was that the enquirer had already sought information on other expat forums and once TRNC was mentioned had received short shrift. So when she finally discovers Kibkom (not a name many would necessarily associate with Cyprus) only to be told, it's best to look elsewhere for your answers, must be quite disheartening. I notice that a recent enquiry on Kibkom about 'blackpudding' of all possible trivial things gleaned more responses from members!
“Caysiz sohbet, aysiz gok yuzu gibidir”

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

cyprus2016 what you are saying about Milly isn't what I am reading above so maybe you have viewed her posts elsewhere. So I cannot comment on what I have not read. BJB made a reasonable suggestion to use Google as a resource which no doubt would include threads and posts on here. So not really told to look elsewhere just an idea of where else to look and a sensible suggestion.

I would read nothing into the fact that a thread about black pudding has received more response than the enquiry by Milly that is the nature of social media.. In fact my reply to her question covered all she asked. I hope that Milly7 has received the answer to her questions and that she finds the forum useful and frienly enough to return in future.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

I have just paid for my Health Insurance and blood tests for 1 year it cost 1120tl in total.
(I did apply for 2 years but assume they only let me do 1 again!)

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Must be 2 yrs insurance is 1400 tl.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Tried to pay on line but won’t do it. Anyone know what is the alternative method of payment is please?

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Brazen wrote:
Wed 16 Feb 2022 3:07 pm
Tried to pay on line but won’t do it. Anyone know what is the alternative method of payment is please?
You have to use a Turkish Cyprus bank card, Credit West, Turk Bankasi or any other, I used, Iktisatbank no problem.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Brazen wrote:
Agree with Tutor, must be a local card to pay for health insurance, but you can use a foreign card to pay for residency. I got a Turk bank prepaid card, and it still wouldn't work, despite being told that it would. Ended up getting a friend to pay with their local card, and paying them back. Not ideal, and still have to sort it out for next year.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

alphamike wrote:
Wed 16 Feb 2022 6:35 pm
Brazen wrote:
Agree with Tutor, must be a local card to pay for health insurance, but you can use a foreign card to pay for residency. I got a Turk bank prepaid card, and it still wouldn't work, despite being told that it would. Ended up getting a friend to pay with their local card, and paying them back. Not ideal, and still have to sort it out for next year.
Do you, or anyone, know whether there is another way to pay other than online?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Brazen wrote:
Thu 17 Feb 2022 11:32 am

Do you, or anyone, know whether there is another way to pay other than online?
As far as I am aware, it can only be paid online.

Awaywego
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Awaywego »

Trying to pay mine with north cyprus bank card directs me to koopbank page then nothing..can anyone shed any light on this please..thanks in advance

Awaywego
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Awaywego »

Sorted!

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Awaywego wrote:
Sun 27 Feb 2022 8:21 am
Sorted!
How did you pay to get it sorted ? The site does not accept Revolut card or a local Ziraat Bank Debit card

Any suggestions would be welcomed - TIA

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Saddique have you checked if your Ziraat card is authorised for using online? Revolut certainly doesn't work or any other "foreign" cards to my knowledge.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

alphamike wrote:
Wed 02 Mar 2022 7:03 pm
Saddique have you checked if your Ziraat card is authorised for using online? Revolut certainly doesn't work or any other "foreign" cards to my knowledge.
Hi Alphamike , i will check with Ziraat Bank if the Debit card is authorised for online transactions. i had this problem last year and a friend paid with her Credit Card. I was hoping that the 1 year lapse may have improved their online payment capabilities , but clearly not.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Update - TEB bank cards work fine for residency - again it probably has to be enabled for online transactions.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Glad that you got it sorted out Saddique. There is no problem using non-local cards for residency, I've used Revolut for that. Does have to be a local card for health insurance.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

alphamike wrote:
Thu 03 Mar 2022 3:55 pm
Glad that you got it sorted out Saddique. There is no problem using non-local cards for residency, I've used Revolut for that. Does have to be a local card for health insurance.
That's Strange as i also tried with Revolut card and it didnt work for me.
Anyway TEB card did the trick. :+1:)

Awaywego
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

Post by Awaywego »

Used Garanti Bank card pressed pay...nothing... so I pressed voice to see if it would talk me through it and it went straight to payment and completed!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Awaywego wrote:
Sat 05 Mar 2022 8:27 am
Used Garanti Bank card pressed pay...nothing... so I pressed voice to see if it would talk me through it and it went straight to payment and completed!
How very strange! At least it worked though.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”